• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
You need invest 1200$
The give you 18$/day
The draw back: -2 Influcence /day

you are paying for losing influence
I need to resurrect them first. I have $1200, but these guys are dead. And right know that would be "the dead investment" )))

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I just found this game a few days ago and have been mind blown at what is available so far... But I have a question to veteran players that have experienced Tier2 and Tier4 gameplay.

-What EXACTLY are we 'free players' missing out here? I'm not talking about 'what content' is locked out (one can look at the wiki)... I'm asking if those content is... Worth it?... And will it ever be released to the public?

I've supported, and still support some ongoing H-games on Patreon... But this is the first time I've seen actual quest content locked out based on Tier in such a way.
With Tier2 a fully customizable slave.
And... Tier4 is kinda steep asking price for a guy who lives in a country with a much weaker currency. (That's 2+ weeks worth of what I pay for lunch every month.)

I want to know in more detail what I'm missing out here as a free player. I could be... 'coaxed' into thinking it as an expansion DLC like how modern videogames works... But with this setup, my access to up to Tier 4 quests is only for a month... Unlike getting the expansion for Monster Hunter permanently.

Aside from what content Tier2 and 4 have my other question is...

-Would I lose my Tier2 slave once my patronage ends and a new version pops up etc kind of question.

-Could I load an older save file from a Tier4 new game save to a newer free tier version?

Again. Sorry for the TLDR post, but thanks in advance.
You don't miss much at all in the free / public version.
The MoR enchanced starts (Tier 4) are effectively just cheats which gives you an accelerated start and other buffs.
Tier 2 quest is a nice touch which includes a slave that you can customize the background for a little.
I'm unsure if Tier 4 includes any other in-game perks.

You need to think of it from the perspective that you want to support the dev and the tier benefits then being tokens of appreciation, which in turn makes you appreciate them as such.

Paying $60 or $300 per year only for the perks makes no sense. At least not to me.

From what I have read you can continue using a save created with tier 2 or 4 version on public version, possibly with some features missing. But for example the tier2 slave will still be there in the saved game but you won't find her in the next game you start.

LizJ

Aug 13, 2020
I would like to ask where the save location of this game is?
"Save" is located in the browser Local Storage, is not exportable, and goes away when that cache is cleared.
"Save to Disk" is located wherever you chose when saving/exporting.

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
I just found this game a few days ago and have been mind blown at what is available so far... But I have a question to veteran players that have experienced Tier2 and Tier4 gameplay.

-What EXACTLY are we 'free players' missing out here? I'm not talking about 'what content' is locked out (one can look at the wiki)... I'm asking if those content is... Worth it?... And will it ever be released to the public?

I've supported, and still support some ongoing H-games on Patreon... But this is the first time I've seen actual quest content locked out based on Tier in such a way.
And... Tier4 is kinda steep asking price for a guy who lives in a country with a much weaker currency. (That's 2+ weeks worth of what I pay for lunch every month.)

I want to know in more detail what I'm missing out here as a free player. I could be... 'coaxed' into thinking it as an expansion DLC like how modern videogames works... But with this setup, my access to up to Tier 4 quests is only for a month... Unlike getting the expansion for Monster Hunter permanently.

-Would I lose my Tier2 slave once my patronage ends and a new version pops up etc kind of question.

-Could I load an older save file from a Tier4 new game save to a newer free tier version?

Regardless of a currency exchange, I don't think it's at all worth it. This game actually does a good job demonstrating exactly what I don't like about the current subscription model for games in development.

If I could just buy the game as an early access type situation for 20 bucks, I'd do it. 50 bucks would be incredibly pricey in my opinion, but it wouldn't be out of the question either.

But 25 bucks a month, in perpetuity, is not at all worth it.

Here's the Tier 4 quest, as it currently exists:

You get a letter telling you to read a newspaper. You go to Town Hall. You read the newspaper. You go to Crow's End and into a wine cellar. You get through a door with a keypad, and you get some items, including a bunch of gold.

*Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare*

That's it. That's literally it.

Outside of a debug menu, earlier access to releases, and access to discord and patreon posts (which are of no value to me), that's all you're getting for 25 bucks a month.

The perk of the debug menu is subverted just by knowing how to give console commands, so really, the only part of it that hold additional value is earlier releases, which is, not to be rude, something that isn't exactly of great value either in my opinion.

And while I'm not positive, given how this game's releases mean giving you a new HTML file every time, I don't think you'd be able to take the tiered content into a free file unless you edited it in. Maybe you can if the content is already active, and items in your inventory wouldn't disappear, but my understanding is that you would lose access to that content, at least in subsequent playthroughs.

So yeah, the Tier 4 content isn't exactly a great value, and the Tier 2 content is a customizable slave that comes with an unfinished quest.

Sep 29, 2019
Regardless of a currency exchange, I don't think it's at all worth it. This game actually does a good job demonstrating exactly what I don't like about the current subscription model for games in development.

If I could just buy the game as an early access type situation for 20 bucks, I'd do it. 50 bucks would be incredibly pricey in my opinion, but it wouldn't be out of the question either.

You get a letter telling you to read a newspaper. You go to Town Hall. You read the newspaper. You go to Crow's End and into a wine cellar. You get through a door with a keypad, and you get some items, including a bunch of gold.

Outside of a debug menu, earlier access to releases, and access to discord and patreon posts (which are of no value to me), that's all you're getting for 25 bucks a month.

The perk of the debug menu is subverted just by knowing how to give console commands, so really, the only part of it that hold additional value is earlier releases, which is, not to be rude, something that isn't exactly of great value either in my opinion.

And while I'm not positive, given how this game's releases mean giving you a new HTML file every time, I don't think you'd be able to take the tiered content into a free file unless you edited it in. Maybe you can if the content is already active, and items in your inventory wouldn't disappear, but my understanding is that you would lose access to that content, at least in subsequent playthroughs.

So yeah, the Tier 4 content isn't exactly a great value, and the Tier 2 content is a customizable slave that comes with an unfinished quest.
Tier 2 what i have actual give you only 1 Quest more that's with the Brother.From that you get then a Slave and a Pistol and that not even for free you need to play for it.The only Free Slave i get so far is when you chose to be Master Slaver at the start then you get direct a Slave . For the rest im not sure if Tier 2/3 its real worth to have as even i have the 10 euro support version i encounter a lot of place in game that have the is Still Wip behind it.Prefer to not see them at all when i can not make them as i chose to support the game exact for that why i was thinking that i can make all that quest then and all this Wip disappear

Last edited:
Reactions: Fauno36

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020

I think the correct way to think about it is that you are paying for . Tier benefits is just a small bonus / reward.

If you think of it the other way around, then you will be very disappointed.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

spacetrip

Apr 1, 2018
ok i'll try thank you very much (y)
i winning
The key to money in the early game is capturing slaves IMO. Some of them can be put to good use by adding them to your household. Others you can sell for money. Females can all be added to your household. Depending on what version you're playing, males can also be added to your household now. It's almost always better to do that than to sell them from the processing screen. When you've added them to your household, any that you decide you want to sell you can just click on and go to the action menu to sell them at the watery eyes auction house. Once you unlock Crystal Hills you can sell them at the auction house there instead if you want.

I'm easily making $5-10K or more per day selling slaves starting from day 1 and that's with a build that does not focus on combat at all (15 melee, 25 ranged skill on day 1). I'm leaning hard on the mercs I hire for combat, but that's what they're there for. I'll train my main up to be a combat beast as time goes on.

You can buy stim packs from the general store right next to your house. You can buy cane whips at the same store, which as it happens are the best weapons for capturing slaves. The very first thing I do when I start a new game is buy 5 cane whips from that shop so I can give 1 to myself and 1 to each of the followers I'm using for combat. You will also need to buy some rope from the market which is also right next to your house.

There are plenty of other ways to make money as well, but combat is generally the fastest in the early stages.
thank you very much man, i was capturing slaves but didn't know about canes whips. I'll try it tonight

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
The key to money in the early game is capturing slaves IMO. Some of them can be put to good use by adding them to your household. Others you can sell for money. Females can all be added to your household. Depending on what version you're playing, males can also be added to your household now. It's almost always better to do that than to sell them from the processing screen. When you've added them to your household, any that you decide you want to sell you can just click on and go to the action menu to sell them at the watery eyes auction house. Once you unlock Crystal Hills you can sell them at the auction house there instead if you want.

I'm easily making $5-10K or more per day selling slaves starting from day 1 and that's with a build that does not focus on combat at all (15 melee, 25 ranged skill on day 1). I'm leaning hard on the mercs I hire for combat, but that's what they're there for. I'll train my main up to be a combat beast as time goes on.

You can buy stim packs from the general store right next to your house. You can buy cane whips at the same store, which as it happens are the best weapons for capturing slaves. The very first thing I do when I start a new game is buy 5 cane whips from that shop so I can give 1 to myself and 1 to each of the followers I'm using for combat. You will also need to buy some rope from the market which is also right next to your house.

There are plenty of other ways to make money as well, but combat is generally the fastest in the early stages.
What mercs are you hiring?
So far i'm more on the lecturing / arms (crafting/manufacturing) route

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
i winning

thank you very much man, i was capturing slaves but didn't know about canes whips. I'll try it tonight
Another simple way of making money is to start as an expert scholar with manhunter and wealthy traits. Then you have enough influence to access Crystal Hills and a daily income of $215 and about $6500 in starting capital which is typically enough to buy a random slave at Crystal hills slave market.

Then you can spend about a months time to train stamina and abuse her into -15 willpower and 100 corruption and typically sell for ~$25k-30k at crystal hills slave market.

Then repeat with 2-3 new slaves in parallell.

Not the quickest way to get rich, but that is not necessarily always the goal.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

You're right of course, from a purely financial standpoint it's not worth it, that's why it's better to think of it as just little bennies Grimdark makes for his supporters. He wouldn't have been able to quit his job and dedicate more time to the game without the legions of supporters who contribute each month to keep him going. They're nice, but you can play the game and get the mass proportion of scenes and renders without any tier benefits, or you can save-edit the game if you know how to do that and quicken the pace that way.

• Red Heart

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018

As far as I know, you can update a tier-2 or tier-4 save with the free version and you won't lose anything. You'll still have the Tier-2 slave and can keep playing a tier-4 character but you won't get any updates that have been made to that slave, her quest and you won't be able to create tier-4 characters anymore, but you'll still have everything you had before. I know that was the case as of a year ago because I've accidentally clicked the wrong link at times and I didn't lose anything I had.

There's not a whole lot of updates exclusively for tier-4 and tier-2, the recent character creation update ('Enhanced') was the biggest for tier-4 for a long while, and there's been a quest update and some wardrobe renders for tier-2 in the last year or so. You can contribute once and odds are you won't miss out on anything for a while, if you're the sort who dislikes subscriptions or can't justify the expense.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Felton Gang (Stokke Hills)
It seems that I wiped them out accidently many moths ago
Just found out that it was a possible investment.
Can I restore them on the map somehow? Maybe edit some variables in the save-file?
It´s not worth the trouble. It´s a really small investment.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Crap... my techies are not amazing fighters and I fear it will be a tough fight...
Speaking of tough fights does anyone play this game permadeath? like if you lose the "game ending" battles you just restart? it's too much grind for me personally but I was curious.
It used to be if your NPCs went down, they were Dead, dead. Recently in the Alphas Grimdark reintroduced it through Iron Man mode where if they hit -15 hp they'd be gone.

As for restarting, I may hold the record. Often I'll just play the first few days or maybe a month just for the fun of seeing if I can get off to a better start.

I've never lost a game-ending battle, he didn't introduce that until I knew enough not to walk into a fight without superior firepower or the best vibro-blades in Ikaanos.

ibell420

May 8, 2021
I have noticed when you capture a slave the process button does not show up immediately. It has been 2 weeks since capturing my last slave and still no process button. Is this a bug?

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
I have noticed when you capture a slave the process button does not show up immediately. It has been 2 weeks since capturing my last slave and still no process button. Is this a bug?
If you're not in the area of your home at north redhaven, you won't be able to process slaves. I think you can process in an area where there's a slave market. If you're at the swamps and have fort sera, instead of process you can donate to fort sera

ibell420

May 8, 2021
If you're not in the area of your home at north redhaven, you won't be able to process slaves. I think you can process in an area where there's a slave market. If you're at the swamps and have fort sera, instead of process you can donate to fort sera

That would make a lot of sense. Thanks!

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
You can only process in North Redhaven, Crystal Heights (when you can access it), Watery Eyes, and Preacher's Hall.
In this last location NEVER sell slaves, only process. The preacher pays very badly.

Reactions: Gunner Rey
4.50 star(s) 115 Votes