shadowstar765

Oct 19, 2017
I wonder how Ivan's doing these days... If he's even still out there. A part of me half heartedly believes he might still be working on the game, or some other project. Didn't he say something about possibility turning this game into an "In House" project to avoid the Nintendo Ninjas™? Would it even be possible to just bomb a finished product somewhere then run for the hills? Or is it too late to do that now that he's been marked?

Last edited:

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
I wonder how Ivan's doing these days... If he's even still out there. A part of me half heartedly believes he might still be working on the game, or some other project. Didn't he say something about possibility turning this game into an "In House" project to avoid the Nintendo Ninjas™? Would it even be possible to just bomb a finished product somewhere then run for the hills? Or is it too late to do that now that he's been marked?
He did say he'd consider continuing to work on it and if he did it'd be just for himself. Could he try stealth dropping a finished product? Sure.. but doing so would only ever be a liability to him in both a legal and professional sense. He has a life outside of one flash game that was, in all honesty, a rather minor passion project.

I'll preface this next bit and say I'm not talking about anyone in particular nor denegrating any specific person.. just putting out a stark opinion.

It was a passion project. Ivan has a life, a real job, and probably even a family to a greater or lesser extent. He likely has a 401k or whatever equivalent for where he lives. Why would he risk any of that just to put out a passion project? If it did go to court there's pretty much no win. A win would, at best, be settling out of court for a promise to never do anything of the sort again. The more likely thing would be losing nearly everything financially.

Most of us wouldn't bite that bullet just for a small passion project. I'd call bullshit for most anyone who would say they could. I'd imagine threads like this would be equal parts gratifying and annoying if I were him. People liking my work enough to praise and support, but annoying and enfuriating because people would be hoping I'd risk myself just for their entertainment. I'd feel both.. but think I'd have to not watch the threads just because of the last bit.

Nullx54

Jun 4, 2017
Not more than any other company. Think about all the erotic art Disney is keeping, because they made their artists sign contracts, that all their work belongs to Disney.
Which makes it canon according to MeatCanyon, ironic.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
I had a dream where Ivan came out of the long hiatus to release v3.49 or even v3.50 with major bugs, softlocks and other stuff sorted out then going back to whatever he doing to never touch mario is missing peach untold tale.

But then i wake up to realize ivan is nowhere to be seen because of maybe not looking to be involved into the DMCA from nintendo by hitting the final nail on it's patreon or something :(

I be honest this game as well the others inspired by playshapes still hold nolstalgia from the Flash days lol.

joebob1784

Aug 29, 2018
is there a standalone flash player that's not adobe. i am unable to play the game some of the buttons don't work in game.

mr Di

Apr 9, 2018
есть ли автономный флеш-плеер, не Adobe. Я не могу играть в игру, некоторые кнопки в игре не работают.

I've been using this player for many years

Last edited:
Reactions: Fistagon77

overlord5

Sep 8, 2017
is there a standalone flash player that's not adobe. i am unable to play the game some of the buttons don't work in game.
from what i remember you want the v12 standalone flash player, as newer had issues, 20 also worked but had some performance issues

jojoniga

May 11, 2020
He did say he'd consider continuing to work on it and if he did it'd be just for himself. Could he try stealth dropping a finished product? Sure.. but doing so would only ever be a liability to him in both a legal and professional sense. He has a life outside of one flash game that was, in all honesty, a rather minor passion project.

I'll preface this next bit and say I'm not talking about anyone in particular nor denegrating any specific person.. just putting out a stark opinion.

It was a passion project. Ivan has a life, a real job, and probably even a family to a greater or lesser extent. He likely has a 401k or whatever equivalent for where he lives. Why would he risk any of that just to put out a passion project? If it did go to court there's pretty much no win. A win would, at best, be settling out of court for a promise to never do anything of the sort again. The more likely thing would be losing nearly everything financially.

Most of us wouldn't bite that bullet just for a small passion project. I'd call bullshit for most anyone who would say they could. I'd imagine threads like this would be equal parts gratifying and annoying if I were him. People liking my work enough to praise and support, but annoying and enfuriating because people would be hoping I'd risk myself just for their entertainment. I'd feel both.. but think I'd have to not watch the threads just because of the last bit.
This actually feels like Ivan talking to us lol

chip1155

Jun 13, 2017
hmm i wonder if someone where to attempt to revive the project. how long would it take for Nintendo to notice.

Mar 6, 2018
dont know but it will happen eventually or not i dont know but i love this game and to have peach turn into a slut with a big rack too bad we cant edit the booty before nintendo noticed

chip1155

Jun 13, 2017
then you know what screw nintendo. as long as we keep quiet. i think the game can be revived

chip1155

Jun 13, 2017
i see two option continue working the game with the flash(easy/hard) engine or straight up port the game over to a newer engine and recreate all the code for it(hard/veryhard)

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
Nintendo also likes to take the shotgun approach to litigation. If anyone starts this up again and they get the attention of Nintendo.. Ivan will be caught up in the blast as well, at least from all we've seen with Nintendo's ability to not go after innocent bystanders.

chip1155

Jun 13, 2017
Nintendo also likes to take the shotgun approach to litigation. If anyone starts this up again and they get the attention of Nintendo.. Ivan will be caught up in the blast as well, at least from all we've seen with Nintendo's ability to not go after innocent bystanders.
But what if were not continuing the game were modding it. wouldnt that be consideres adapting ivan work not continuing it.

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes