VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Manor Of Amnesia [v1.0] [akimi Ero Works]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Eleum Loyce

As far as enjoyable h-scenes go, this VN isn't the greatest. The CGs are honestly sub-par and at times just plain disconcerting, but there's a section for creator commentary, available once you get the "true" ending, which mentions the artist wasn't very experienced at the time of this game's creation, so I'm more than willing to look past any flaws (and it's much better than I would ever be able to draw either way).

Everything else is pretty great. I usually mute visual novels, but the music was enjoyable enough for me to listen to it the whole way through. The voice acting is actually very well done (in English, no less, which is a rare but very welcome treat). The actress mentioned it was her first time doing voice work for an eroge and I think she did a wonderful job.

The story itself is the main draw here, it's unique and enough of a "mind fuck" to make this a hidden gem very much worth playing. I'm sad that the devs seem to have been inactive for a few years at this point, but this is an enjoyable experience nonetheless.