Manga sites

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
Hello, i wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good sites for download manga, normal ones nothing about hentai this time, there are several site to read online but i want a place to download, i used to have a account at manga traders, but its closed for sometime now ( closed twice actually ), anyone knows anything please?

Reactions: Namco15

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hello, i wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good sites for download manga, normal ones nothing about hentai this time, there are several site to read online but i want a place to download, i used to have a account at manga traders, but its closed for sometime now ( closed twice actually ), anyone knows anything please?
Personally I read on Mangafox.me but I don't know if that site allow to download manga. I never tried before :oops:

Reactions: Silver1

Katgza

Nov 4, 2016
Mangafox:
MangaTown:
MangaCow: <- Korean Mangwa

There was this program called "Free Manga Downloader (FMD) v0.9" that allows you to download manga from different sites, you should check it.

I got the program somewhere, I can upload it if u want it, let me know

Cheers

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
Thank you for the answers, about this FMD, i took a look, but im having trouble making it work, how it works?I tried to add a link from the manga i was reading, it showed "no title" and don´t know how to proceed from there.

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I found out where madokami stored all of their manga, i believe, and they'r still up and free. Either that or a site rip? If anyone is interested i can give the link....however I'm uncertain of the rules for posting links.

J.A.

Oct 19, 2018
I found out where madokami stored all of their manga, i believe, and they'r still up and free. Either that or a site rip? If anyone is interested i can give the link....however I'm uncertain of the rules for posting links.
Madokami has been significantly slow this previous weeks and I'm afraid it's dying.
Is the link still up? If so, can I have the link? TIA

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Madokami has been significantly slow this previous weeks and I'm afraid it's dying.
Is the link still up? If so, can I have the link? TIA
So, what i jad found wasnt actually their whole backup. Think it was more or less a site rip. And its all the titles that begin with one or two letters. ( i think it was m thru s or something).

Its somewhere on

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Madokami is definitely the best place to get manga, it started out as one of the mirrors of the old MangaTrader site after that went down and the site owner shared out a mirror of all the content with a handful of individuals before shutting the servers down for good. Unfortunately it's run by some rather juvenile and lazy folks who seem to get off on excluding people from their private club. Registration is closed more often than it's open and you have to use their IRC channel pretty regularly for a long time to catch the registration when its open again for a brief window. Luckily for me I got in years ago before they started getting pretty bad about the registration.

Quite a lot of the stuff that gets posted there are rehosts of varying quality weekly scanlation issues grabbed from a few of the bigger online reader sites. Though some stuff is also higher quality officially translated English versions of either weekly or volume releases that get snagged and repacked.

Reactions: Namco15

J.A.

Oct 19, 2018
Indeed, some chapters has the same quality as the ones uploaded in online manga sites (specially the newly uploaded chapters) and that's why I wait for months until someone compile the chapters (of good quality) into their respective volumes.

Though, I think the way they control the member count is a good thing since it benefits the website and the (few) members as a whole considering how hard it is to maintain a small website with what few people they have.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I've spent enough time in their IRC in the past to know that the self-appointed gatekeepers are often little more than petty control freaks who relish the chance to rub it in other people's faces. They get off on kicking people from the channel any time anyone dares ask about registration.

I also know from experience they're pretty lazy as well, since quite a while ago I was trying to get uploader status so I could help clean things up and fill in some blanks. I'm a bit obsessive in the way I manage my manga collection. I always unpack the archives I download, clean up their dir structure and naming, I also clean up the covers in GIMP to paint out seams/artifacts and correct the colors and search the net for missing pages to add in, that sort of stuff. But after weeks of trying to get a response I gave up.

So I wouldn't waste my time trying to give them too much credit, there are basically a pretty small handful of people that do the bulk of the uploading and I doubt there is much overlap between them and those who get the final say in who gets in. That tends to be the fate of all closed wall internet communities that don't have a dependable leader with the community's best interest at heart. You just end up with a bunch of nepotism and assholes filling the power void to inflate their pathetic egos.

J.A.

Oct 19, 2018
Oof, sounds like a small-scale capitalism to me. I just hope they pay attention towards those who are willing to help, in the near future. Well, it looks like they haven't gone past the stage where they think that the website only revolves around them and only act for their own benefit.