♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Damn well congrats

I must be. i swear there was a highly popular game on here with a somewhat similar premise that got abandoned. In my head it was this one

EDIT: i figured it out. its Big Brother https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-v0-13-0-007-dark-silver.1519/

in fact the more i look at this page the more i realized i have probably played this to completion. (the phone uses the whatsapp text tone rigbht? or it did? sorry im at the point where ive played too many games from here now XD)
Well, let me see... Did you say the same premise? So basically the MC is a young guy of 18, living with his mother and his two sisters. Lil' sis is a sweetheart and big sis is a bitch. Hu-ho, this one isn't in high school anymore? Shit! Will he try to corrupt his entire family and all the girls around while exploring the city? Duh, what else would he do? play Majong online maybe? I don't know how many there are on F95 and even other platforms, but it's probably one of the most common premises in the Western AVN world. hundreds only on F95?
Well, to your credit, you were aiming pretty close to the target with BB, at least regarding the premise of the game, except that here, no hornet in the hive to NTRing all the girls into your harem.

Oops! sorry sis, I thought it was Eric the hornet
swat-swap.gif

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No way... :LOL: I knew there are many who don't bother to read the instructions on the OP, but this... I wonder how they figured out how to turn on a PC or whatever they are playing on
From what I understand (having dealt with that a lot), is that I guess in some or all Ren'Py-based games, it's possible to play it in the archive. I wouldn't bother, because if there's an incorrect character talking that shouldn't be, dialog with a typo, missing/incorrect punctuation, or grammatical error, I'd like to have access to the scripts in order to fix it. That would drive me nuts. So they think Unity-based games works in the same way (though I would imagine not, at least, as far as Faerin's games goes).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I actually only learned over here that you can open programs in an archive - for me it always was something to unpack first. (Though the fact that at least for zip files you can browse the contents should have given me a clue, but there's a difference between opening a singular file and running a program needing to access subdirectories and such). Probably due to the fact that I am an old geezer and back in the day (when we had to walk to school barefoot uphill through snowstorms) archives were not so much a tool for combining tons of files but mostly for compressing files so they could fit on a floppy disc ...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I actually only learned over here that you can open programs in an archive - for me it always was something to unpack first. (Though the fact that at least for zip files you can browse the contents should have given me a clue, but there's a difference between opening a singular file and running a program needing to access subdirectories and such). Probably due to the fact that I am an old geezer and back in the day (when we had to walk to school barefoot uphill through snowstorms) archives were not so much a tool for combining tons of files but mostly for compressing files so they could fit on a floppy disc ...
Well not only that, but when it's downloaded from OP, there's installation instructions (which, as you mentioned is just extraction, since there's no actual install taking place) saying "Extract and run". But, of course they'd have to read that first, and not a lot of people bother to do that because... something, something, reasons. :LOL:

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Yeah. What did they say already? The force is with you my ass, ouch ouch my knees
Don't forget to take your arthritis drops :giggle:

Well not only that, but when it's downloaded from OP, there's installation instructions (which, as you mentioned is just extraction, since there's no actual install taking place) saying "Extract and run". But, of course they'd have to read that first, and not a lot of people bother to do that because... something, something, reasons. :LOL:
Well, same here. I won't divulge my age, as Yoda I have some gaps in my memories, you know? But I started using a PC very late and back in the day, you could use it with Ms-Dos then Windows 3.0, then 3.1 and so on. But yeah, I didn't know that you could run a program in an archive. Even now I just tried with Winrar, and clicking on the exe will unzip the file automatically. So my question is: What are you using to run it without unzipping the file?

because... something, something, reasons. :LOL:
Well, when using one hand for the device named "mouse" and the other on... Heh! guess on what by yourself :whistle:

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah. What did they say already? The force is with you my ass, ouch ouch my knees
Don't forget to take your arthritis drops :giggle:

Well, same here. I won't divulge my age, as Yoda I have some gaps in my memories, you know? But I started using a PC very late and back in the day, you could use it with Ms-Dos then Windows 3.0, then 3.1 and so on. But yeah, I didn't know that you could run a program in an archive. Even now I just tried with Winrar, and clicking on the exe will unzip the file automatically. So my question is: What are you using to run it without unzipping the file?
I got my feet whet when I first started tinkering with an Apple //c back in the early 90s, moved up to PC after Apple stopped making any new later series. Even ran an Apple BBS. Didn't have much but a couple of doors. Later moved on IBM 286. Ran WWIV on that one for a bit. Played around in MS-DOS 6.22 (which, funny enough, I still use to this day, playing in the CLI... for things like FTP - I refuse to use a GUI, lol).

And to answer your question, I'm not sure. Because it won't run for me even via 7-Zip. I have older versions of WinRAR and WinZip - which throw errors trying to extract the file or run it from the RAR.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
It depends a bit on how the OS handles it or the software that's used to open the archive.
Since the native integration of zip into Windows it can handle zip quite well, as if the file was a directory. They even called it a compressed directory even if it was nothing else than a zip file.
I suggested someone to run a game from a uncompressed zip file that had many thousand single files and took four times as much space on HD than the sum of file sizes.
Now with 7z and RAR integrated, Windows 11 should behave similar.

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Well, let me see... Did you say the same premise? So basically the MC is a young guy of 18, living with his mother and his two sisters. Lil' sis is a sweetheart and big sis is a bitch. Hu-ho, this one isn't in high school anymore? Shit! Will he try to corrupt his entire family and all the girls around while exploring the city? Duh, what else would he do? play Majong online maybe? I don't know how many there are on F95 and even other platforms, but it's probably one of the most common premises in the Western AVN world. hundreds only on F95?
Well, to your credit, you were aiming pretty close to the target with BB, at least regarding the premise of the game, except that here, no hornet in the hive to NTRing all the girls into your harem.

Oops! sorry sis, I thought it was Eric the hornet
View attachment 3632468
In defense of Faerin - while the origin story is tropy as hell (I didn't know that at the time of playing), it's in the execution where it differs from other games. Usually these games will have you glued to the family members instead of going out and discovering locations - and I felt the locations were just as much a part of the charm. While the landlord and tenant are somewhat standard, other characters are definitely not. Pam and officer Daisy are definitely outliers that shape the bigger story, while your household three are out doing yoga on the roof...

Reactions: Sycho and Cartageno

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
It depends a bit on how the OS handles it or the software that's used to open the archive.
Since the native integration of zip into Windows it can handle zip quite well, as if the file was a directory. They even called it a compressed directory even if it was nothing else than a zip file.
I suggested someone to run a game from a uncompressed zip file that had many thousand single files and took four times as much space on HD than the sum of file sizes.
Now with 7z and RAR integrated, Windows 11 should behave similar.
I also tried with several games (Ren'Py and Unity) to open the archive with Windows file explorer, then choose "run", but the files do not seem to launch. Maybe it would work if I unzip the archive and then archive it again with 0 compression? But I guess this will definitely cause errors during execution.

In defense of Faerin - while the origin story is tropy as hell (I didn't know that at the time of playing), it's in the execution where it differs from other games. Usually these games will have you glued to the family members instead of going out and discovering locations - and I felt the locations were just as much a part of the charm. While the landlord and tenant are somewhat standard, other characters are definitely not. Pam and officer Daisy are definitely outliers that shape the bigger story, while your household three are out doing yoga on the roof...
Ok ok, Don't bite me, kay? :ROFLMAO:
But let's not go into the specific details of the games which are specific to them. I was just talking about the premise, and generally what you can read in "overview". Mal protag 18 years old, living with mommy and so on. You also have the premise with always the same 18 year old guy, but with the variation that he lived with his father. The father being deceased - for a practical reason of the game - comes back to live with his mother. We could almost speak of an arc-premise. Fortunately, games - but certainly not all - have their own development and some Devs don't just do a sort of copy/paste from start to finish. We must also take into account that Faerin was a precursor in the AVN world with "MotH", at the time of the creation of the game, so I consider that his model and his mechanism have been largely plagiarized by other Devs.
I agree. Exploring around the map and in different locations is definitely a plus in a game like this. Fortunately, nowadays we find exploration and free roaming more often. Luckily, we've moved beyond playing games behind closed doors to get a little more puss... Um... I mean adventure :p . Character development is very important too. Not just with a different physique, but their personality, their occupations, their past. But I'm going to stop there before forming a wall

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: AMRFTY and Sycho

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We must also take into account that Faerin was a precursor in the AVN world with "MotH", at the time of the creation of the game, so I consider that his model and his mechanism have been largely plagiarized by other Devs.
I wouldn't know about the exact timeline but this phenomenon of course exists. Somebody creates something with an idea which just works - so others copy it, adapt it a little, and it may become so ubiquitous that the original seems the most formulaic piece ever. Over at TV Tropes it used to be called "Seinfeld is unfunny" because said TV series introduced a lot of new ideas, now it is found under (warning, TVT is a massive time sink and a browser capable of handling dozens of tabs would be needed).

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Ok ok, Don't bite me, kay? :ROFLMAO:
But let's not go into the specific details of the games which are specific to them. I was just talking about the premise, and generally what you can read in "overview". Mal protag 18 years old, living with mommy and so on. You also have the premise with always the same 18 year old guy, but with the variation that he lived with his father. The father being deceased - for a practical reason of the game - comes back to live with his mother. We could almost speak of an arc-premise. Fortunately, games - but certainly not all - have their own development and some Devs don't just do a sort of copy/paste from start to finish. We must also take into account that Faerin was a precursor in the AVN world with "MotH", at the time of the creation of the game, so I consider that his model and his mechanism have been largely plagiarized by other Devs.
I agree. Exploring around the map and in different locations is definitely a plus in a game like this. Fortunately, nowadays we find exploration and free roaming more often. Luckily, we've moved beyond playing games behind closed doors to get a little more puss... Um... I mean adventure :p . Character development is very important too. Not just with a different physique, but their personality, their occupations, their past. But I'm going to stop there before forming a wall
Haha, I'm sorry if my reaction came off super stern. I should have opened with: We definitely agree on that MOTH (and most family-oriented games) really cuddle that original premise to death. Even the new one, to an extent, uses that original setup. I guess because it's so familiar or because it works so well? It also makes a lot of games seem too similar.

Totally agree, we're starting to see different kinds of bigger games built around the story-driven click games and that's VERY welcome. I actually had no idea how influential MOTH was to the industry, but I have seen devs lending that way of building a game a lot. Chaixas likes doing it, Perverteer as well to a certain degree. Jikei with Mythic Manor as well. It's cool to see that type of game building and expanding. I will say that there is such a thing as too big and cluttered which some games are now suffering from - but Faerin's games are usually a standout for me in terms of length and quality. Really lucky to have his games be the first games to draw me into this community.

Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Really lucky to have his games be the first games to draw me into this community.
It was the same for me as well. One of the first games I played, actually. That’s when I discovered F95 and signed up for the first time on the site.
The second time - with this account - was when I belatedly discovered that my other half was also registered "secretly".
------
Long story short, back in the day brossing the browser history...

Me: "Calling missus through the house:"Her name"!!! What the fucking jok???

Missus: OOPSY... Are you mad at me? :cry:

Me: You.... You were on this site? :censored:

Missus: "her face contorted with shame and nowhere to hide" crap crap crap

Me: Are you kidding me? It's awsome! Look! "brossing the site" It's my account here, naughty girl... :LOL:

Missus: W-WHAaaat??? No way o_O

What a memorable day it was. :giggle:
Now? We basically fight for the keyboard and play together, like two teenagers :ROFLMAO:
------
As for MotH, it may not be the first, but probably one of the ones that took the AVN genre to the current level. At least, those who are in the same vein in terms of different kinks and tags. There are other development models depending on the type of kink the Dev wants to include in their game, although the basis remains very similar for most of them. I exclude the Japanese model which remains a genre in itself.

• Haha
Reactions: Cartageno

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Damn well congrats

I must be. i swear there was a highly popular game on here with a somewhat similar premise that got abandoned. In my head it was this one

EDIT: i figured it out. its Big Brother https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-v0-13-0-007-dark-silver.1519/

in fact the more i look at this page the more i realized i have probably played this to completion. (the phone uses the whatsapp text tone rigbht? or it did? sorry im at the point where ive played too many games from here now XD)
Sisterly Lust is pretty much this exact same game without the sandbox. Better endings though. ;)
It is also finished long time ago.

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
It was the same for me as well. One of the first games I played, actually. That’s when I discovered F95 and signed up for the first time on the site.
The second time - with this account - was when I belatedly discovered that my other half was also registered "secretly".
------
Long story short, back in the day brossing the browser history...

Me: "Calling missus through the house:"Her name"!!! What the fucking jok???

Missus: OOPSY... Are you mad at me? :cry:

Me: You.... You were on this site? :censored:

Missus: "her face contorted with shame and nowhere to hide" crap crap crap

Me: Are you kidding me? It's awsome! Look! "brossing the site" It's my account here, naughty girl... :LOL:

Missus: W-WHAaaat??? No way o_O

What a memorable day it was. :giggle:
Now? We basically fight for the keyboard and play together, like two teenagers :ROFLMAO:
------
As for MotH, it may not be the first, but probably one of the ones that took the AVN genre to the current level. At least, those who are in the same vein in terms of different kinks and tags. There are other development models depending on the type of kink the Dev wants to include in their game, although the basis remains very similar for most of them. I exclude the Japanese model which remains a genre in itself.
This story, haha! It basically belongs in an AVN, that's how funny it is. Well, I'm glad you both have similar interests!

Sisterly Lust is pretty much this exact same game without the sandbox. Better endings though. ;)
Hmmmm... I can see what you're getting at. SL has the corruption with the sisters and the mother. Although the endings might be better in SL (due to the pregnancies, weddings, etc.) - MotH definitely takes the cake in terms of worldbuilding and extra content. SL and MotH are some of the first games I played and they're awesome in their own right. I prefer Faerin's style of writing, although with TFTUV Perv has totally stepped up his game.

They both deserve remakes in my opinion. I think MotH is the better 'game' because there's just so much to do. SL might be a better story - albeit there are some stupid things in SL.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hmmm, I tend to disagree here - since tastes differ of course. While SL is an enjoyable read, the pacing is very different (pacing is important to me), SL is extremely fast paced, especially with some non-sisters, and while also having an adoring little sis and a bratty bigger sis, (plus as an extra a naive even older sis), the family dynamic feels completely different to me as well. I also consider it more rough in the development (of the relationships, not the game). Granted, I may have rose tinted glasses for this one since it was my first major adult game (as compared to some 3 LI short VNs I discovered earlier), even though not the one that brought me here, nor anybody else in my home (nice story btw), but I think these two games are quite different apart from the general setting of "boy moving in and having fun". Also MotH MC seems more mature (-ish) to me than the guy from SL.

Reactions: Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Well, in
Hmmm, I tend to disagree here - since tastes differ of course. While SL is an enjoyable read, the pacing is very different (pacing is important to me), SL is extremely fast paced, especially with some non-sisters, and while also having an adoring little sis and a bratty bigger sis, (plus as an extra a naive even older sis), the family dynamic feels completely different to me. I also consider it more rough in the development (of the relationships, not the game). Granted, I may have rose tinted glasses for this one since it was my first major adult game (as compared to some 3 LI short VNs I discovered earlier), even though not the one that brought me here, nor anybody else in my home (nice story btw), but I think these two games are quite different apart from the general setting of "boy moving in and having fun". Also MotH MC seems more mature (-ish) to me than the guy from SL.
I think I played Moth first - in any case there was not a big time difference between these two games - and I tend to agree. They are both good in their own ways, but storywise quite different. In SL I didn't like that the ending was so focused on pregnancy, it's not that easy.
MotH is also a lot more lighthearted, focused on fun, some pranks and so on, there's almost no drama at all. I would definitly not say they are the same game.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
This story, haha! It basically belongs in an AVN, that's how funny it is. Well, I'm glad you both have similar interests!
Heh, sorry if I get a little carried away sometimes, but when we chat or debate or whatever here, things get confusing quickly without explaining who the fucking nuts ♂Brout&Minou♀ are, since we both engage in conversation in different threads. So we chose to do it with humor, by telling some of our anecdotes, either which link us to the site, or to the storyline of the thread game. And yes! We are two nutcases and a very open-minded couple with not much to hide.
You are not the first to make this remark, though. I have to say that we often find inspiration here, for our own new adventures, but it could be the other way around, for sure. However, we don't have what it takes to throw ourself and make our own AVN. The time, the patience, the knowledge required.
I know I know. I'm still blabering, heh? :p
Btw, Im Brout. I'll let you guess who's missus

• Red Heart
Reactions: AMRFTY
4.20 star(s) 254 Votes