• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial RPGM Making rpgm games work in MacOs Catalina

SirPEEPEE

May 10, 2018
I have been having trouble of opening certain rpgm games with new Catalina update and have been looking for solutions to make them work and finally I did. Now follow these instruction and may you enjoy rpgms with mac supported versions.

1. If you try to open the game and windows pops up saying something along the lines "game cant be opened" use permission fixer from the link below.
https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/

2. Open terminal window
3. cd to the game directory
4. Execute the following commands
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Versions/*/nwjs\ Framework.framework/nwjs\ Framework
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Versions/*/nwjs\ Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Versions/*/nwjs\ Framework.framework/Helpers/crashpad_handler
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

4. The game should work after all of those thing

Give thanks for goobdoob for the fixer and @CLDꝜ for the codes.

HanktheHunk3

Nov 18, 2019
I have been having trouble of opening certain rpgm games with new Catalina update and have been looking for solutions to make them work and finally I did. Now follow these instruction and may you enjoy rpgms with mac supported versions.

1. If you try to open the game and windows pops up saying something along the lines "game cant be opened" use permission fixer from the link below.
https://f95zone.to/threads/permission-fixer-for-mac-and-linux.24233/

2. Open terminal window
3. cd to the game directory
4. Execute the following commands
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Versions/*/nwjs\ Framework.framework/nwjs\ Framework
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Versions/*/nwjs\ Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs\ Helper
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/Versions/*/nwjs\ Framework.framework/Helpers/crashpad_handler
chmod +x Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

4. The game should work after all of those thing

Give thanks for goobdoob for the fixer and @CLDꝜ for the codes.
Does this work for Monterey as well? Because it didnt work for me.

Reactions: hentai_kid_yoshi

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Apple Silicon M1 with Monterey, Intel always worked. The game did not launch at all.
Is there an error notification or total silent?
Try to run the game from Terminal to show error:
Drag the game app to a new Terminal window and add '/Contents/MacOS/nwjs' to the path, and press enter.
example: /Users/yourusername/other/path/to/nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

Btw, what is the game name and is it here on f95zone?

Reactions: HanktheHunk3

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
I think he's talking about the office wife, either im dumb or I cant get it to run either.
But there's already a mac build on the thread.

Are you also on M1?

Try this first:
Open Terminal app, and type "xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine " (theres a space there and type it without quotes) and drag the game app to the Terminal window, and press enter. Try running the game.

If it still not work:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HanktheHunk3

Nov 18, 2019
But there's already a mac build on the thread.

Are you also on M1?

Try this first:
Open Terminal app, and type "xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine " (theres a space there and type it without quotes) and drag the game app to the Terminal window, and press enter. Try running the game.

If it still not work:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, I am on M1. That didnt work either. First tip crashes the game, and second tip: The plist doesnt contain those two lines you mentioned. I think the errror is connected to Rosetta 2.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Yes, I am on M1. That didnt work either. First tip crashes the game, and second tip: The plist doesnt contain those two lines you mentioned. I think the errror is connected to Rosetta 2.
Hey that tips is for the other guy... he deleted his post...(I don't know why?)

Again from my post before, did you try to run the game via Terminal? I'm kinda curious what the error was....
And what is the game name? is it here on F95zone?
And are you sure its RPGM MV / MZ game, not vxace or other rpgm engine before vxace..

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
HanktheHunk3
If you want, you can try the .
Please note, that link is the unofficial version, and fortunately the nwjs developer currently for Apple Silicon so I think it won't be long for the official build.

Testacc1248

Jun 12, 2019

Again from my post before, did you try to run the game via Terminal? I'm kinda curious what the error was....
And are you sure its RPGM MV / MZ game, not vxace or other rpgm engine before vxace..
Managed to fix my issue soon after posting so deleted it, I chmodded the files in my versions 'A' and 'Current' folder too and that seemed to kind of fix my issue. It still crashed on start up and gets errors but will run after a few tries now.

HanktheHunk3

Nov 18, 2019

Even after applying the xattr command it still gives this error message.
zsh: permission denied: /Applications/The Office Wife V.0.84 PUBLIC MAC/The Office Wife/Game.app

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Even after applying the xattr command it still gives this error message.
zsh: permission denied: /Applications/The Office Wife V.0.84 PUBLIC MAC/The Office Wife/Game.app
weird! I'm sorry I really don't understand your system.. as I only have x64 (Catalina)
Is that error when you type the xattr or when running the game(see below)?
if that error when you type xattr, then you can try with sudo, just add sudo in front of it:
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine (<-- drag the game.app here)
just enter your own password when asked.

So, from my previous post, I was asking if there's an error if you run the game from Terminal, so try copy paste this on the Terminal and if there's any error:
/Applications/The\ Office\ Wife\ V.0.84\ PUBLIC\ MAC/The\ Office\ Wife/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs