dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Is this really worth complaining about? you get it wrong, you scroll up and try again. That's a mighty puny nit you're picking there.
this scroll up thing? there's no such option.
And I've played a number of similar games on this site, some ask questions but most if not all give hints to the answers.
Anyways I've accepted you need c++ and Advanced Computational Linguistics to play the game so I'll start the corses and come back in a few months.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry, I just ran a clean test and scroll up is not enabled by default.
Download
Exrtact to a folder on it's own (I have a tools folder)
copy unren.bat to the same folder the game .exe is in - Life-0.06.03-win\Life.exe
Run unren.bat
choose option 9
once it has finished press return and it closes it.
You now have scroll up available (to a limited amount times between 25 and 200 pages) accessed with the mouse/scroll wheel or the Pg Up key.
You can also access the dev menu (shift D) where you can among other things view the variables and access the console to change the variables (be cautious when doing this as you may break the game).
I do this pretty much as a default now because it also unpacks the images so you can check what you have missed too.

As dav121 is not coming back until after his course, I hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Fasder and UncleVT

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
What? this works on most of these kinds of games by default for me, sorry man i just assumed it was the same for everybody. WEIRDNESS!

Reactions: Fasder

Andy02

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
I have played this from the beginning still the same MC like a deer in headlights, now tits ass every ware nothing scared not gay? Straight guy would be all over this, and to have to watch girl on girl as the main action wow why do you have a male as the MC act so scared of sex?

Reactions: pystudios

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I have played this from the beginning still the same MC like a deer in headlights, now tits ass every ware nothing scared not gay? Straight guy would be all over this, and to have to watch girl on girl as the main action wow why do you have a male as the MC act so scared of sex?
Could you repeat that, in English?

Reactions: Ennoch

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
The only suggestion I can make is for you to play again from the beginning and ACTUALLY READ what he says and thinks. I call him an "idiot savant" others call it a kind of autism(it's a "real" form from what I understand). He is very awkward with people and he critiques and over analyzes everything. He isn't sure how to deal with his emotions and feelings, and doesn't know what they are or what to call them. Evidently it's love and lust he isn't grasping. Although he has a full understanding of sex and enjoys it(sex with Helen). His sister and the Twin's "get it" He is in love with his sister and her with he, but he hasn't connected his bond and closenses with his sister as being in love and lusting for her. Where she clearly has and she is just waiting for him to figure it out. It also appears that the Twins are aware and are helping to "push" him to open up. Try again knowing and looking at from this point of view and things become pretty clear. Of course if I'm wrong on any of my perceptions I'm open to discuss them as I really like the storyline so far and can't wait to see where it goes.

Andy02

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
The only suggestion I can make is for you to play again from the beginning and ACTUALLY READ what he says and thinks. I call him an "idiot savant" others call it a kind of autism(it's a "real" form from what I understand). He is very awkward with people and he critiques and over analyzes everything. He isn't sure how to deal with his emotions and feelings, and doesn't know what they are or what to call them. Evidently it's love and lust he isn't grasping. Although he has a full understanding of sex and enjoys it(sex with Helen). His sister and the Twin's "get it" He is in love with his sister and her with he, but he hasn't connected his bond and closenses with his sister as being in love and lusting for her. Where she clearly has and she is just waiting for him to figure it out. It also appears that the Twins are aware and are helping to "push" him to open up. Try again knowing and looking at from this point of view and things become pretty clear. Of course if I'm wrong on any of my perceptions I'm open to discuss them as I really like the storyline so far and can't wait to see where it goes.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with the storyline, I have a better understanding. I missed the autism part but I would say that clears thing up for me.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
This is news to me, but when I think about it I don't actually recall every using it after I've built a distribution.
I too, assumed that it was enabled by default since people have been reporting using it since the very first versions.
I can understand that the questions get a little annoying without the rollback feature. I'll be sure to investigate this and make sure it works for the next release.

Bugs and thoughts. Sorry if there are dupes on the list.
Thank you for the hard work you put in, I really appreciate it. :)

(it's a "real" form from what I understand).
Yes and no, I'm not a doctor, so I wouldn't be able to diagnose him. But he's based roughly on other characters and people with similar traits.
He isn't sure how to deal with his emotions and feelings
Correct, emotions are rarely logical, which in Mark's case sometimes makes it a difficult subject. His thought process tells him, sister means sister, but his emotions says, sister means girlfriend. That makes things really confusing for him.
Although he has a full understanding of sex and enjoys it(sex with Helen).
Sex is a different ballgame, especially the way it's depicted with Helen. They're not making love, they are fucking. Which means that there is more sensation rather than emotion in the interaction, which is why it's easy for him to grasp the concept.

Of course if I'm wrong on any of my perceptions I'm open to discuss them as I really like the storyline so far and can't wait to see where it goes.
You are pretty spot on, I'll bookmark your comment for future reference, thank you. For me it's really difficult to narrow things down in a few sentences, part because there are still quite a lot of things that I haven't written "in plain text", so I usually find myself balancing the gray area between spoiler and non-spoiler.

Reactions: UncleVT

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Okay so I tested it and it does work for me right out of the box.
What OS are you running? Are you using a mouse with a mousewheel to scroll or something else E.G. touchpad or some other contraption?
Could you also tell me which setting the "rollback side" has in preferences?

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Okay so I tested it and it does work for me right out of the box.
What OS are you running? Are you using a mouse with a mousewheel to scroll or something else E.G. touchpad or some other contraption?
Could you also tell me which setting the "rollback side" has in preferences?
Now I had deleted my test client so did another both times I did a fresh start to avoid tainting it.
It seems before I tested at a point where you can't scroll back - at the end of the 2nd lecture this is the one after emailing Helen and going for a pizza with Sarah. There's me thinking go in a little way so there's something to scroll back through....
This time I stopped at various points including tabbing in a couple of days and it worked out of the box, so again my bad. Before the lecture - scroll works; end of 2nd lecture - scroll does not work; later - scroll works.
Win 8.1
Rollerball with scroll wheel, though I tend to use Pg Up
Preferences - rollback side = disable.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I guess my point is, this is a good spot for her to clarify what/where she wants things to go and what she is being patient about/for.
I almost missed this part of the post.
This is essentially foreshadowing for things in the future. I have a whole backstory planned out for Sarah, but I wouldn't be able to say anything about it right now.
Though, you might be right that it fits better in that place right now, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the untold story.

Edit: Missed this one. :D
Not sure, but there is no option to take a walk when you get home from her place.
I wanted some continuity, if he just got home from her place after having sex, the encounter when she's walking would seem a little off, so I opted to disable for when you come home.

It seems before I tested at a point where you can't scroll back
Yes, these points do exist, usually when you go from one scene to another. Sometimes you can mess up the rollback function if you keep skipping on empty locations, it just seems to be standing still, in fact it's looping in the same location, so you're still running a bunch of code. I haven't found a good way of solving that problem.

Let's see what Dav121 has to say about it.

Thanks for helping out!

Reactions: kiteares

Diablo_Devil

Oct 31, 2017
Hi here.

I think I have a Bug :teary::teary:
In The Background :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I gave back the Hammer but she don't give me the Earplugs and now the stats with Sarah don't increase anymore because the are at 46 and I can not see the scene of the Pool.

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
Hi here.

I think I have a Bug :teary::teary:
In The Background :

I gave back the Hammer but she don't give me the Earplugs and now the stats with Sarah don't increase anymore because the are at 46 and I can not see the scene of the Pool.
So you can't sleep in her room? (sleeping in her room does not earn you any points)

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
If you gave the hammer back then you have the earplugs (there are no graphics for it in the inventory).
But since you are at 46 affection you've already used them (they are used when you sleep in Sarah's bedroom).
I think you are stuck somewhere else, it's hard to say exactly where you are stuck.
The most recent pool scene with Sarah should be pretty close to the end of the game as it is right now, none of the new scenes are in the walkthrough yet.

So you can't sleep in her room? (sleeping in her room does not earn you any points)
He's at 46 which is the maximum you can get from sleeping in her bedroom, so there's something else that he missed.

Reactions: Diablo_Devil

Diablo_Devil

Oct 31, 2017
It's good now ;)

At the beginnig, I had tried to buy a dildo but it don't work.
Now that I bought it, I could see the scene at the pool.

Thanks ;);)

Reactions: Fasder
3.50 star(s) 45 Votes