RPGM Completed Mai and the Legendary Treasure [v1.01] [Circle Gyu]

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
It's an interesting game with a fairly original story-line. The artwork is enjoyable, and you can play this for hours.

My main gripe with the game is that there is some sort of over powered dynamic game difficulty balance in place.

I'll give an example. You are shooting for an I never get raped, and I'm pure game for your first run through. The good girl ending.

You come across a boss fight, and save before hand. You had been skipping a lot of enemies so hadn't picked up much exp. You give it a shot anyways, come close to winning, but lose.

In a normal game, the strategy to use here is to abandon the boss for a little bit. You go find some monsters you can kill more easily. You grind it out a few levels, save up a little money, buy a better weapon, grab a couple potions, learn a new spell... Back to the boss. It's a lot easier than that first go around, the boss level stays the same, and you take care of business with a lot less hassle this go around.

However that would be a normal game. This aint a normal game.

When you try that in this game what ends up happening is that boss is now several levels higher to match your newly gained abilities. So it's hitting harder than before, and is taking more damage to kill.

So ultimately when you grind, and learn new abilities, and get new spells, a higher level, more HP, more magic, and the likes... The grinding is a mirror on the enemy. This can make things a lot tougher.

Attempting to use an rpg maker save editor to add to your stats doesn't do anything. However you can use it to gain a lot of money, so that way you can buy more spells, better weapons, armor, and items.

Reactions: Iamnotgoodwithnames
I

Icantseeme

It looks like a lot of effort was put into this, I'm eager to give it a try.

Reactions: ponyguy

kororo runpa

Aug 12, 2017
I'm hoping that's just the good ending. 'Cause my heart is not what I'm hoping will get touched. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i wonder where you hope it get touched eh

that aside the game's mob get more stronger as party level up too
though the boss being keep at default level
grind is the key here
grind for live grind of the live

Reactions: ugoughi

Uriel

Aug 7, 2016
"Must clear forest to go here" I can't get to the mansion even though i've gotten the treasure map and went to the clearing past the thorny stuff already

ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017
i'm stuck at "find and feed an eel to Rosalia" where can i find the eel? thx :/
top of the yeti mountain there is a path with rocks instead of only snow, speak to the old man near the little lake with "snakes in it", those are eels and you have to take the golden one (it's like for the comment above, hard to find but it's there)

Reactions: ponyguy
3.30 star(s) 13 Votes