3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
This game has blue ball me for almost 2 years now. I heard of delays before but dang this is crazy. If I buy this on steam I hope I am getting my money worth.
That's what happens when publishers meddle too much during development. I'm curious about how progress is coming along on their other game, though, which supposedly doesn't have the same issues at play.

Nov 12, 2019
That's what happens when publishers meddle too much during development. I'm curious about how progress is coming along on their other game, though, which supposedly doesn't have the same issues at play.
Yah I don't think I've seen any progress reports anywhere on pateron for this game for a while. The last post I saw was this game maybe coming out end of 2021. However, I don't think this Bel fault at all, this is most likely some outside problem like the publisher screwing up.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Yah I don't think I've seen any progress reports anywhere on pateron for this game for a while. The last post I saw was this game maybe coming out end of 2021. However, I don't think this Bel fault at all, this is most likely some outside problem like the publisher screwing up.
There have actually been several responses elsewhere about the situation with the publisher and whatnot. Let me see if I can pull one of the more informative ones up...

...Huh. I can't seem to find any of the posts where they *really* called the publisher out, though I'm pretty sure I've seen some. I distinctly recall some phrasing that isn't present in any of the posts I've found. It's possible they were asked to take them down. This is the closest I could find:

This game is not abandoned. It's basically just been delayed massively because of the publisher, to the point where I've been working on my other project while I wait for the assets they've promised me, so that I'm not just sitting around doing nothing.

I definitely will finish this game eventually, but at this point I can't really tell when.
1) Simply put, I started work on Slimy Sextet to fill time and give myself something to do while waiting for things that I need in order to work on Mahou Mating, so I always have something to be working on and I never waste time waiting around for something else to get done before being able to proceed. When it's not possible for me to work on Mahou Mating, I can work on Slimy Sextet. And vice versa. Having two projects in development at once is an attempt to be more productive.
Fortunately, does seem like it will appeal to a lot of the same audience as this one, albeit without the magical girl premise. You play as a slime boy/girl made out of a love potion who's tasked with enslaving the hero who saved the world with the help of a fairy, but then tried to break her contract with her.

cyan101

Apr 12, 2019
Dev is getting assets through the publisher? Sounds a bit rough, wonder if they have a contract or something to bitch about if he's getting fucked over because they are wasting his time

SaZam

Mar 12, 2022
umm why doe it say Abandoned does that mean its not comeing out or is it just this demo?

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
umm why doe it say Abandoned does that mean its not comeing out or is it just this demo?
This game is on hold actually, not really abandonned. You can go to his discord or website to understand the situation :/

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Is there anal in this game? It's not tagged, but the last screen teases it, kind of.
It's not tagged because this is just a demo and nothing like that shows up in the demo, and we don't know exactly what's going to be in the full game. Also, the art has been redone from scratch and neither the preview images nor the demo are indicative of what the final game will look like. has been updated with some of the new art.

Incidentally, while the game has been in development hell for a while, it's not abandoned.

• Wow
Reactions: ermousa and Xypher

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What's the story? This thing still happening or what?
Yeah, the dev's still working on it and has even redone the art from what was shown in the demo, although it's been significantly slowed down by publisher issues. They had another game they've been working on whenever something was preventing them from working on this one, and that one already got finished and released, so it's not like they've just been sitting on their ass. Though, again, that was only for when there were things preventing them from working on this one, so it's not like finishing it has suddenly left them with more time to work on this. On that note, I wonder if they have a new backup project to fill those gaps now...

Reactions: FrankWestPhoJrn
May 7, 2023
Yeah, the dev's still working on it and has even redone the art from what was shown in the demo, although it's been significantly slowed down by publisher issues. They had another game they've been working on whenever something was preventing them from working on this one, and that one already got finished and released, so it's not like they've just been sitting on their ass. Though, again, that was only for when there were things preventing them from working on this one, so it's not like finishing it has suddenly left them with more time to work on this. On that note, I wonder if they have a new backup project to fill those gaps now...
What was the other game that they were working on and released?

Also, could you talk more about the art change? Is that a good or bad thing?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What was the other game that they were working on and released?

Also, could you talk more about the art change? Is that a good or bad thing?
The other game was Slimy Sextet. As for whether the art change is good or bad, that's a matter of opinion. You can check this game's itch.io page to see the new art, and compare it to what's posted in the first post in this thread. I think one of the issues with the publisher was that they insisted on switching to a new artist for some reason, and then took forever actually getting the art from said artist. But I don't know too much about the finer details.

Aug 24, 2022
Also, the art has been redone from scratch and neither the preview images nor the demo are indicative of what the final game will look like.
Huh, the new art is definitely better, but I really dislike the redesigns, especially the magical girl forms. Sadge, this was one of those games I always periodically looked up after some months.

MyriadLoki

Jul 8, 2023
Despite being abandoned, I thought I'd give it a try. And I can say I was really surprised at how good it was. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! However despite being linear, I wish PC wasn't so pessimistic towards Noire at the start. I immediately liked her more than the annoying AF Ruby, but PC was reluctant/beta about the whole thing. I wish that it had let you choose who you'd gear towards (Obviously Noire is the correct choice) even if it was linear cause tbh PC victim card/woe was me with Noire then immediately follows up by being a total ass and self serving prick to Ruby made me wanna Clock him in the face. If the Dev decides to ever remake this I would Prefer a semi-linear format with 3 or 4 routes total (one for either girl and one for neither girl/ both girls) Like they story would progress the same no matter the route, but each choice raises an affinity point for a either girl and near then end you can choose the girl you were going for if one is higher than the other, or a normal route or I'd you had enough for both then you can pick that end. Only other thing of note would be to make PC more neutral at the start and change the dialoge slightly depending on choices or who's affinity is higher as the story progresses. This could make his pretty bland/boring at the start, but if the choices you make slight changes to the dialoge even after a the first non-neutral choice, that would be OK in my books. Heck, you can even make PC a playboy that's down for whatever instead of the aggravating revenge plot that's both a pain /cringe af to read. Idk much about game dev, but aside from the PC attitude, I heccing love THE FUCK outta this game, and sincerely hope it gets a remake or something.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Despite being abandoned
Not abandoned, just being slowed down significantly by publisher issues. Never trust the tags on this site, they just slap it on any game that hasn't had an update in a while. You can check the itch.io page to see the current state of the game. (It had to get a new artist, which was part of the publisher issues.)

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes