3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

MyriadLoki

Jul 8, 2023
Not abandoned, just being slowed down significantly by publisher issues. Never trust the tags on this site, they just slap it on any game that hasn't had an update in a while. You can check the itch.io page to see the current state of the game. (It had to get a new artist, which was part of the publisher issues.)
Noice

Aug 24, 2020
Sad to see the art style was completely changed. Taking this off my Steam wishlist as the itch.io art looks nowhere near as good as the stuff in the demo.

Oct 27, 2018
Man, I just saw this thread and it reminds me I pre-ordered on Itch like three or four years ago. Wild it's still not here. I guess I got a deal because the price appears to have doubled since then, but only if it ever actually exists haha

MyriadLoki

Jul 8, 2023
Sad to see the art style was completely changed. Taking this off my Steam wishlist as the itch.io art looks nowhere near as good as the stuff in the demo.
Idk man, I kinda liked how the characters looked un the demi. Yeah it's more polished on itch, but I still kind preferred the old character designs. Something feel too different from the characters appearances from demo to now.

Aug 24, 2022
Idk man, I kinda liked how the characters looked un the demi. Yeah it's more polished on itch, but I still kind preferred the old character designs. Something feel too different from the characters appearances from demo to now.
The new art is leagues better, and so are the designs. The two characters definitely have a more distinct look from each other and the outfits, especially the casual ones, present a lot more detail. The problem with the art style change is that it creates a sort of whiplash regarding the expectations that were set in the demo.
The previous designs felt a lot more grounded and less fetishised, and the good magical girl's design in particular wandered off into the anime MILF territory, now looking a lot more mature than her evil counterpart. Whereas before, the two girls were like one side of the same coin, mirroring each other in how they are merely looking to use you, now, it feels like the two girls are more distinct in their design and personality. Great if you're looking for variety, but disappointing if you liked the previous iteration as is, since you feel as if you're only getting half of what you expected, especially so if you don't particularly enjoy the MILF design direction.
I'd still give this one a shot regardless of which side of the argument I'm on, since the premise is unique enough to still come out as a great VN, whether it's tailored to my own personal fetishes or not. After all, this is a VN where different playthroughs depending on your choices are possible (or I at least hope they are as with many other VNs), so you can probably tailor your experience based on what you want to see anyway with how the evil girl stayed mostly the same.

• Haha
Reactions: AnnatarGorthaur

18Scythe

Jan 16, 2021
are the images fake? is it still only a demo? because the game doesn't appear to show what's in the screenshots

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
are the images fake? is it still only a demo? because the game doesn't appear to show what's in the screenshots
Long story short, all of the game's artwork is being redone from scratch on the request of the publisher. F95zone still has the old demo version with old art. Steam and Itch.io store pages have been redone in the new art style which the full game will release with.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Long story short, all of the game's artwork is being redone from scratch on the request of the publisher. F95zone still has the old demo version with old art. Steam and Itch.io store pages have been redone in the new art style which the full game will release with.
Is this game currently your sole focus, or is there another Slimy Sextet situation where you're working on another game in between development hell issues on this one?

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
I am not working on anything except Mahou Mating right now, and I plan to stay that way until it is completed.
I just wondered, since the old game art won't be used ingame anymore, do you plan to release it if you have an art profile anywhere? Deviantart / Hentai Foundry etc.?

Especially if you paid for full scenes with cumshots etc, it'd be a shame for it to have been wasted when I'm sure there are many who would love to see what there was before. Like for example this one below looks fantastic - I assume there were alts for this scene?

1715956983580.png

Belgerum

Visual Novel Dev
Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
I just wondered, since the old game art won't be used ingame anymore, do you plan to release it if you have an art profile anywhere? Deviantart / Hentai Foundry etc.?

Especially if you paid for full scenes with cumshots etc, it'd be a shame for it to have been wasted when I'm sure there are many who would love to see what there was before. Like for example this one below looks fantastic - I assume there were alts for this scene?
I have considered doing this, and may figure out some way to distribute the old art, but I am prioritizing the game with the new art. If it happens, it will be after the full game releases.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Artix0

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
I have considered doing this, and may figure out some way to distribute the old art, but I am prioritizing the game with the new art. If it happens, it will be after the full game releases.
Sounds great, thanks for the response and looking forward to seeing how the game progresses!

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes