Flash - Completed - Magic University Principal [v1.00] [Pokkaloh]

1. 2.00 star(s)

くもり空

Skippable.

I played this game a long time ago and dropped it due to the clunkiness and lack of content. I decided to revisit MUP now that the game has been "finished" for a while, and I can conclude that this game is not worth your time.

First of all, it's unfinished. Unused rooms, few sex scenes, unexplored ideas, unused/unexplained mechanics; this game has it all. The playtime is very inflated due to the fact that you'll see the same CG over and over again with different dialogue as the game gives you the illusion of progress, basically stretching one scene and splitting it into ten separate parts.

This is a game about blueballing your students and the reader. Every time you think things will move forward, the MC says, "That's enough for today," and you're forced to go through the same routine once more only to get blueballed again the next day. This happens again and again with every student, no exceptions.

It's clear to see that a lot more care was put into the scenes between Flint x Katelyn and Harry x Katelyn. Those scenes are interesting and actually feel like some progress is being made, even if they still reuse the same CGs over and over again. MC x Katelyn scenes, on the other hand, are super boring and repetitive, and MC x Adelie scenes are even worse. Seriously, the Adelie scenes are enough to make a less patient person immediately drop the game. Adelie has stress related to sexual tension, and what does the MC do? He refuses to make her cum and then says, "That's enough for today." It's insulting. Scarlet's scenes are decent but still underwhelming.

Don't be fooled by the NTR tag. This game doesn't contain NTR. Katelyn can have sex with the male students, yes, but there is no feeling of her being stolen from you. She deals with the whole thing in a surprisingly professional way, so much so that it's almost jarring to watch.

I personally don't mind the scenes with Flint and Harry. In fact, I liked them, but they don't belong in a game like this. I can see why people might feel some NTR vibes when the game basically markets itself as a harem only for half of the sex scenes to be between Katelyn and other guys, especially when those scenes were clearly the ones with more care put into them. Maybe things would be better if we had more than two female students in the whole game. This game isn't a harem. In fact, the female students don't even develop feelings for the MC, which is part of the reason why their sex scenes feel cold, almost as if sex is just a chore. This game is actually more geared towards those who want a non-NTR game where you can share your girl with other guys.

Another thing I don't like about this game is the lack of traditional save slots. The game just autosaves every morning. This can be an issue if you skip a scene by accident and only realize it the next day.

The low score is entirely due to how unfinished and disrespectful to the reader's time this game is. If we cut all the reused sex scenes from the game, this would be a 30-minute experience at most. I don't think anyone will read this review when the game has been "finished" for two years, but I felt like putting my thoughts into words.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

The CG were pretty good and I really liked the cast of characters. But getting to the CG and doing the things that you need to do felt really clunky and not fun to play at all. They do try to make it easier by adding a hint system in your bedroom but sometimes your character or other characters can be glitchy.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

YuuMoka

Its really repetitive each day is composed of five stages where you have to do something in each one to go onto the next and you can only do one scene at night and sometimes some other scenes throughout the day so its really a grind to even get all the scenes of a single character and there is five characters and some extra scenes the scenes are all great, they have an exelent design , decent animation, and average dialogue there are some scenes with the male students were one of the girls youre fucking teaches them so that something you might like or dislike the battle sistem is grindy aswell so overall this is a really grindy game because they limit the amout of progres you can make each day .
  4. 1.00 star(s)

toak

Very sad miss for Pokkaloh.

In general, Pokkaloh makes decent fun games. They're usually grindy in one way or another but the gameplay's fun.

But this game... is bad. It's very not fun. A single day is split into around 5 stages. And they're unskippable. You have to shower every day. Which I'm not saying you shouldn't do. But having to walk to the shower every day in-game is boring.

The only bright spot is that the art is quite well done. Actually a step up from their previous titles. But again, the gameplay is extremely boring.

The game also feels extremely unfinished. There's multiple rooms where it looks like more characters will come in. But there's 4 students. That's it. The page which lists the students looks like it should hold like 10.

This game lack content, is boring, and is unfinished.

Sadly need to rate this a 1/10.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

availableusername

Well, this is just my opinion, but this game sucks the biggest cucumber compared to its much more fleshed out and YEARS earlier predecessor, Mozzoloh. The stupid ass peg character walking around is absolute crap and gives nothing but the illusion of content by wasting your time. The amount of painful clickquest bullshit just to get to the shitty "combat" should be enough for anyone to place this pile of garbage where it belongs - the closest dumpster. This is yet another example of a team of developers that had something nice going on, and could have even milked it with incessant updates, yet chose to shit the bed.

Save yourself an hour or so this afternoon and avoid this game.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

lTTMl

An average flash game, you have to train your students for magic, combat, sex... and then nothing. The story and the whole game focuses on our students' problems with the sex & teaching them to fight alone. The problem is that the characters are empty apart from knowing their problems we don't learn anything. Ntr scenes are imposed apart activating/deactivating there is no real choice, we constantly feel that the game has potential but that it is not finished, there are empty & no-empty rooms that are useless, environments and characters seem missing.

It could have been a very good flash game with very good Art, but the feeling of unfinished is quite big. 2/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

MrBlue42

Fantastic game! Love the art (with some minor drops in quality), the animations and the level of detail (e.g. dressing / undressing of teachers / students is shown one piece of clothing at a time when they get into the showers or get dressed in their rooms).
    The writing is good, hot and sometimes decently funny. Some minor errors but nothing major and the english is good.
    Running from one place to another is quick and easy and you don't get lost ever. The fighting part is ok, but not a big part anyway. So gameplay overall is fine for an h-game.

Now to my favourite thing about this game: It caters (among other more vanilla things) to one of my fave kinks, which not one game I played has done so far, and that is "wife sharing" in a non-cuck, non-hotwife setting. It's hard to explain, but if you like the idea of having your SO teaching a shy boy about sex while you're there aswell and you and her are the dominant and benevolent parties while he's shy and horny and barely holding on, than this is for you. Fucking hell, love it.