RPGM - Completed - Magic Contract [Final] [TriplePlay]

1. 3.00 star(s)

HouseCat07

Great game from NTR perspective. Really good gameplay loop that makes it quite enjoyable for a long while. Art is pretty okay too.

Now for the translation.
    Played japanese because the english translation needs an english translation. My broken understanding of japanese still made it easier to understand the game better than the MTL.
    But I can't fault the translator guy since he was just requested for the translation in a game where slang and is used in long sentences and he tried his best. I think it had text that used words that aren't normally used, and long sentences with and without punctuation, so the translation software just shat itself.
    In short, don't blame the translator. A guy that doesn't know japanese can not tell if an MTL software would work on a text without actually translating it. It might have worked pretty well on some other game, but not this one.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

gesanor

I am rating the game not the translation (I made my own MTL of this a while back and it was good enough for me). Game is fun but without some editing its hard to understand what's going on and how to get certain scenes. Liked the gameplay loop and the art was pretty good so I'd say give this a shot but read through the text slower than youd think youd need to
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ehendu

Other two reviews are pretty much spot on. MTL poetry is one thing, but in a game that has gameplay hinging on hints from conversations, it really doesn't suffice. If you only want a vague idea of what's going on and don't care about brute forcing all the "bad end"/"lose" scenes, then sure I guess it's playable. But until this has a better translation, you're better off just finding a gallery of scenes/CGs.

Arts simple yet decent. Gameplay looks like it could be okay. I'd expect this game to be at least a 3/5 if not 4/5 stars, but with the current translation quality you just cannot play the game as intended dropping it to 2/5 stars.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Redyqar

Until there is at least edited MTL this one is nearly unplayable. Just look at the gameplay explanation, it hinges on your ability to understand what is happening:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Yet with MTL (also text goes outside of text box forcing you to read log to be able to see full messages) it is annoying at best impossible at worst.
    Art is on the simpler side, yet good.
    Scenes/setups are decent enough.
    Gameplay is also simple. Most of it is: you go somewhere and speak with someone, repeat until you learn relevant info to beat antagonist. Outside of MTL it works fine.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

cutterarnold

Seriously, this kind of machine translation may as well not be made at all. It's unplayable if you're interested to know what's happening and don't just want to see the CG's. Needs more work with the translation.