Mod Ren'Py LustyVerse: [VN Series] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, the foundation is hopefully now laid (the new UI). I have many minor tweaks I have to make but I have most of it populating and centered. Here's some of the Main Menu layouts:

I have to recode the dev's Gallery screens. He pulled a dumbass move and use RenPy's "Start" to populate the screens instead of "ShowMenu". Serious rookie mistake that took me a bit to figure out why it was acting extremely odd.

So, this is just the beginning. Since many variables were also changed all my stat coding and all the mods features will have to be checked and recoded one by one. This is very frustrating and time consuming... considering I had already done all this for the VN. I'm truly wondering why I'm moving forward knowing the massive amount of past manhours are now 100% wasted. My time is very valuable (I'm expensive on a per hour rate). You folks get me for free... but the rest of the world does not. So, this is a hard pill to swallow if I'm being honest.

Yes I sound grumpy... but can anyone really blame me at this point since I've rebuilt mods over and over with this dev team's VNs on a rather constant basis? It's like I keep building a skyscraper on marsh land, having it fall down, and rebuild on the same damn mud.
You better hope it's not like the other ones where I get an assload of updates on Steam :ROFLMAO:

armyman035

Sep 7, 2020
I can't possibly give you a deadline bud, it's far too early. I have to write the mod from scratch. I'm still working on getting the new UI sorted and haven't even touched the new story scripts. Think of it like this: the old house got hit by a tornado and flattened. I am now pouring the foundation for a new house to be built upon.
I get it. Totally understandable. you do great work, I figured Monday as a good estimate given your skill. but understand it could be longer. I'll be ready when you have it done.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How to cram 10lbs of shit inside a 5lb bag:
1711237186551.png

The more I dig into this new code the more I see where the dev "borrowed" from the mod.... and not so much as a "thank you kindly" offered. Figures. From image button hover/unhover sounds (two which are identical to the mod's), exact start/end of many of the lewd gallery scenes, etc. Seems I left an impression :ROFLMAO:.

The first episode has over 4k diffs from the original. It's a boatload to comb through... and I'm about ready to take a break and throw a ribeye on the grill... along with an adult beverage of course.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
the steam version has 29 gallery scenes in it
That pic is only my Episode 1 originals only (from the mod in the OP). I don't give a rat's ass what the dev has or doesn't... SanchoGallery (in every SanchoMod) is completely isolated and I select scenes on my own... so take quantity with a grain of salt. I likely always have more than a VN's gallery.... sometimes less... sometimes the same.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
newdawn75,

I just read that post back and it sounds like I'm scolding you... but I'm not. I'm just explaining the scene quantity in that pic and what my coding style is for my own gallery. It reads bad now that I look at it and it's not my intent to direct any hostility toward you at all... I generally don't give a rat's ass about any dev's gallery though, that's true. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I think I have the entirety of the original mod's code ported over for Episode 1. I'll have to test it all via a speedrun but it looks like I grabbed it all.

While porting I've laid the Core's code to start processing LustTime so the cheat for it will function properly. I'll code it so it works exactly like the Mia VN... which was a hit.

Anyway, I'm back to it for a bit but will likely shut it down early so I can get some non-work time in this weekend (give my eyes a rest from the screen).

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
Okay, I think I have the entirety of the original mod's code ported over for Episode 1. I'll have to test it all via a speedrun but it looks like I grabbed it all.

While porting I've laid the Core's code to start processing LustTime so the cheat for it will function properly. I'll code it so it works exactly like the Mia VN... which was a hit.

Anyway, I'm back to it for a bit but will likely shut it down early so I can get some non-work time in this weekend (give my eyes a rest from the screen).
I'll never understand how people will tell a dev over and over that a forced system that adds nothing but the ability to jump back in scene to where you want but unable to just let a scene play is a big L. I mean anything that takes attention away from the actual scene and makes your code a clusterfuck seems like not a great idea. Its good to try new things, but move on when they are clearly not working as intended or take a que from you and make it skippable. I just wanna know why this is the hill they wont walk aways from.....

Reactions: LSC82

newdawn75

Feb 22, 2023
newdawn75,

I just read that post back and it sounds like I'm scolding you... but I'm not. I'm just explaining the scene quantity in that pic and what my coding style is for my own gallery. It reads bad now that I look at it and it's not my intent to direct any hostility toward you at all... I generally don't give a rat's ass about any dev's gallery though, that's true. :ROFLMAO:
np problem, I didn't take it as offensive I understood what you meant.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Orranis

Jul 22, 2018
Well, the foundation is hopefully now laid (the new UI). I have many minor tweaks I have to make but I have most of it populating and centered. Here's some of the Main Menu layouts:

I have to recode the dev's Gallery screens. He pulled a dumbass move and use RenPy's "Start" to populate the screens instead of "ShowMenu". Serious rookie mistake that took me a bit to figure out why it was acting extremely odd.

So, this is just the beginning. Since many variables were also changed all my stat coding and all the mods features will have to be checked and recoded one by one. This is very frustrating and time consuming... considering I had already done all this for the VN. I'm truly wondering why I'm moving forward knowing the massive amount of past manhours are now 100% wasted. My time is very valuable (I'm expensive on a per hour rate). You folks get me for free... but the rest of the world does not. So, this is a hard pill to swallow if I'm being honest.

Yes I sound grumpy... but can anyone really blame me at this point since I've rebuilt mods over and over with this dev team's VNs on a rather constant basis? It's like I keep building a skyscraper on marsh land, having it fall down, and rebuild on the same damn mud.

I know you've said in the past this is more of a personal toolset you want to promote rather than a hobby or project for monetary gain, but I would honestly suggest you once again consider setting up a Patreon. Myself (and I'm sure others of the thousands currently following your profile) would like to support you, considering how much/often we utilize your mod to improve the experience of many games on F95. And hopefully that would lessen the sting of really fucking annoying complete re-hauls like this one.

Just an idea from a well-meaning fan of your work.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
I know you've said in the past this is more of a personal toolset you want to promote rather than a hobby or project for monetary gain, but I would honestly suggest you once again consider setting up a Patreon. Myself (and I'm sure others of the thousands currently following your profile) would like to support you, considering how much/often we utilize your mod to improve the experience of many games on F95. And hopefully that would lessen the sting of really fucking annoying complete re-hauls like this one.

Just an idea from a well-meaning fan of your work.
I'd go as far to say that there is a lot of games here that I wouldn't even download if they don't have a walkthrough mod, I'm sorry to the devs, but most of the times you don't really know what each choice does, or what will mean 20 choices in the future, so for me, any game that I play here, needs a walkthrough mod, and for sandbox games with farming, a cheat mod to skip that, I'm there for the story, or depending on the game for the adult scenes, don't really want to think about the correct chouce when 2 choices look right, but one gives you +1 and the other +5... xD

So yeah, I agree, this hero should have a Patreon, so people that want to give him something can do that.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
newdawn75,

maybe he WANTED to be scolded haha sorry, just some weird japanese memes hit my head..

• Haha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
First pot of coffee brewing (it's 0530hrs in the morning here) and starting speedrun of E1. Confirmed alt-character renaming is working 100%, one SanchoCheat checked off as tested and integrity confirmed:
1711276390515.png
I already know the mod's hotkey option works, the AI voice narration works, and that the MiniStat's SlutButton notifier and "boink" sound fire off proper.

So that leaves me coding in all the LustTime hooks and verifying the old MiniStat choreography. Once that's confirmed I'll blast through SanchoGallery for E1 and insure that they not only play correctly but play proper background music at correct starting points.

Once done I might push out the mod with that E1 completely sorted so folks can at least use the mod for UI enhancement into the (currently) unmodded E2 until I finish it. Choreographing the MiniStat is one of the most time consuming bits for this VN and considering there's little in the way necessary for ChoiceGuide code I reckon pushing out an early release wouldn't hurt anything regarding folks expectations of the mod and their experience using it to upgrade the VN.

Just some kneejerk thoughts as I now scramble for that first cup of coffee...

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, in Ep2 I have all the MiniStat choreography done, all the LustTime cheat switching coding done, all the AutoSave coding done, all the ChoiceGuide and stats population, and now populating SanchoGallery. I have 7 new scenes done and fully test (minus setting there "Type" categories). Here's an image tease since it's been a while since my last progress update post:
1711300950299.png
This has been a boatload of work... I'm honestly impressed I've made it this far in just 2 days starting from scratch. It usually takes a week or longer to create a mod but having been familiar with this dev certainly helps.

Anyway, enough of me yammering... I'm back to it. My bud colombeen alerted me to a possible dev coding bug in one or more of the LustTime events (assuming he meant in Ep2 since I've already fully tested Ep1 content) so I'll check for those bugs and fix them when I speedrun the entire VN after I finish populating SanchoGallery.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Alrighty then... this is SanchoGallery fully populated and tested (I tested each scene and tagged each scene's "Type" at the same time):
1711313776855.png
I came up with 34 scenes (well, 33 since one is my personal). newdawn75, does that sound about right?

Otherwise I haven't had any speed runs through the VN at all... so I'll do that next and insure there's no bugs. If that goes well then it's building the retail package, integrity testing it, and pushing it out live.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm having to get cute (clever) to squeeze things into this VN's UI.
Here I resolved the issue of where to place the input for your named save descriptions.

The normal screen shows the save/load page numbers along the bottom as normal:
1711319536596.png
When you click on a previous or new save slot then the page numbering block gets replaced by the save description input field:
1711319600547.png

It feels intuitive but thought I'd make a post on it in case there's any confusion later after I push the update live. Back to it...

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress