RPGM Abandoned Lust magic [v0.2] [HARU0069]

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I like RPGM because it is roleplaying game with sex yet some people just cares about sex sadly.
LOL not to bust too much, but that sounds like when people used to say they bought playboy for the articles

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
RPGM has been around a lot longer. There are more games written for the platform. If we accept Sturgeon's Law, then 90% of both formats are crap then there are going to be more good finished games for RPGM purely because there are more finished games for RPGM.

On the other hand, there are scads of "wander through the big empty map fighting the same slimes and fireballs you see in so many other games just to get the picture". Granted, the gratification is delayed, but there's no more feeling of challenge and accoplishment than there is in a Ren'Py clicker. It just takes more time.

Now done well both platforms can deliver excellent games. But overall, I think Ren'Py has more flexibility and is probably more suited to the sort of sim/management aspects that underlie the more popular games on this board.
I won't comment on which I prefer, it is not my point. I have only been playing these game for over a year. I would have to say that the overwhelming majority of games I have found here have not been rpg. I think my new life is the only one I play. I do hate walking to school and to my bedroom. On the other hand I like the option to go where I like. Some renpy games do that, a lot dont.

Reactions: cloudmoon

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
is there any patch to turn aunt into mom?
How would that make any sense? Someone who is your aunt is already related to you. Changing her into your mom would change things in a way that is more than the patches for other games that turn your landlady, foreign exchange host, etc. into your mom do.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
How would that make any sense? Someone who is your aunt is already related to you. Changing her into your mom would change things in a way that is more than the patches for other games that turn your landlady, foreign exchange host, etc. into your mom do.
I think it’s just a preference thing I would assume for the guy

Reactions: cloudmoon

Catares

Nov 15, 2017
The thing i like in this game is that you don't play in walking simulator so much, story is pretty typical and linear about magic power and corruption but is it a little bit to rushed? Or not? The problem is with a dialogue, in my opinion should be little bit more text before scenes. graphic's are ok but in some of images we can see lower quality. Last thing is animation, cause here we have picture's, frame after frame but not looped. After all of this i can say that i like this game, if dev will go for more text and story to feel the dialogues between characters and change animations to HS movie clips or frame looped pictures.

Jackbite

Jan 2, 2018
Needs work on the script. It's not necessarily just bad english (there is some of that too), it's just really sloppily written - bad punctuation, spelling errors, etc.

Quest appears to break after washing the dishes. No way to clean their rooms.
RPGM maker :FeelsBadMan: people actually play those type of games?
First off The Dev apologizes for poor English, The other thing is Devs use RPGM maker because that's what there skilled in?..... I say let's Encourage NOT discourage!

rykdragon

May 3, 2017
Good renders and have big boobs, its my weak point, I give a try. I like rpgm games, it feels that I am playing a game. Not easy like clicking there and there but fun. You feel that there is a living town. I want to discover new scenes messing around the town but all games are so liner.

Reactions: jaredh72

Kairuser

Apr 15, 2018
what is the game he use to create the character model?
I want to know because.... it look fantastic !!

bad2bad

Jun 21, 2017
i will give this game a try. But honestly, they should make different face for each character, they look kinda the same for me, just with different hair.

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
Looks promising so far. I mean, the models are pretty amateurish even for Honey Select standards and I can kinda see which games he is pulling from, but it still scratches my itch for mind control and corruption so that isn't really a bad thing.

TylerJ

Sep 26, 2017
I don't understand, why you guys hate rpgm so much, what is interesting for example in renpy? It's just clicking and image checking... It's another image viewer -"windows photo viewer" is even better.
Of course if creator is using RPGm as walking simulator it can be boring but most of creators knows how to use that engine- they are making internaction, fights etc.
Are you trolling or what?
i agree and some people seem to think because engines like renpy are harder to create games with that means there superior. RPGm also has basic assets available for creators so more content can be released at a faster speed. creators dont need to spend months adding basic functions and additions that often causes bugs setting them back until they inevitably get frustrated with the fact there putting hours of hard work into a game that has little content and abandon their game before a 0.5 release.
some of the best games on this site are renpy games however when people constantly pressure small creators to use game engines that they may not have the experience or time to commit to leads to countless potentially good games being dropped.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
some people seem to think because engines like renpy are harder to create games with that means there superior.
Have you coded anything with Ren'Py, at all? If all you want to do is tall a story with a few pictures, it's barely harder than typing up a script.

It gets harder if you want custom UI elements, or to keep track of a lot of variables, but that's true of RPGM as well.

TylerJ

Sep 26, 2017
Have you coded anything with Ren'Py, at all? If all you want to do is tall a story with a few pictures, it's barely harder than typing up a script.

It gets harder if you want custom UI elements, or to keep track of a lot of variables, but that's true of RPGM as well.
no i dont have experience with anything other than RPGM and by no means can speak for any game devs, but what im getting at from my experience with RPGM as a hobby is that RPGM has many assets readily available which is is more welcoming and less time consuming for me at least.
As you say adding custom UI elements etc. becomes more difficult regardless of the engine so i dont think a RPGM should be held in lower regard than other engines. I think it is how a developer takes advantage of the engine they are using as well as the hard work of the developer that makes a game great and not the engine itself. So i always find it frustrating when people decide they dont like a game for the only reason of that its made with RPGM.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
> i dont think a RPGM should be held in lower regard than other engines

I don't hold RPGM games in lower regard than anything. I've used both and some other things as well. Nothing wrong with RPGM, used well.

> RPGM has many assets readily available which is is more welcoming and less time consuming for me at least.

It's got a lot of map tiles and battle backgrounds. The sort of game we tend to like on this community though, you'd need to find background and character art either way, so I don't think it makes a lot of odds in that respect.

> I think it is how a developer takes advantage of the engine they are using as well as the hard work of the developer that makes a game great and not the engine itself. So i always find it frustrating when people decide they dont like a game for the only reason of that its made with RPGM.

I won't argue with you there. I just wanted to say you were mistaken if you thought Ren'Py was more difficult.

Reactions: TylerJ