1.50 star(s) 49 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Wow. He pushes the trial and error decisions to a new level. Now you can fail because you watch TV instead of taking a nap. wtf.

This is just a mess now. The whole chapter thing and that there ARE NO DECISIONS! - when every wrong decision leads to a game over, it is NOT a decision. At the beginning I liked the girl and that whole stuff but now its just random scenes. I mean look at the latest chapters. In the last you are out for a picnic and in the next you are returning from work. There is more missing than actual content.

As long as he doesnt learn something about gamedesign and focus on 1 project instead of 3 he will never deserve any contribution.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
this game was one of my top games on list... but every update it gets worse.
For the time spent between last update and this one and its content -> its more than disappointing!!!
sorry, but i have to make a review and remove this from my watchlist
- nearly no progress between updates (5 minutes gameplay - REALLY ???? even without animations?)
- long term between updates
- story boring and unbelievable
- new content updates dont relate on earlier story
- just ONE "false" desicion out of 5-10 makes the game LOSS, there is just one way which will let the story continue
- JUST A MESS AT ALL
in addition tho this, i had to update my gameslist

and flag it to not worth to play anymore until possible change in future

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
A tip for players that are about to play this for the first time despite ignoring all of the negative comments . Wait until you get to the chapter select screen before you blink, or you will miss the whole chapter.

Reactions: WaltS

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
I think the dev is just screwing with us now. Every "correct" choice is literally the last one I ended up picking. I completely forgot about the "Ignore her" option, and thought I had tried every option.

I guess this makes sense if he wants every path to be explored... but there are tons of better ways to do this! I think that statement right there is why so many people are hating on this game; the content and story are likable, but so many things about the presentation rub people the wrong way. My biggest annoyance is "here's the flimsy illusion of choice, but there's really only one path, and I'm going to make it the last one you try."

Reactions: botc76
D

Deleted member 1050319

How about you don't read the negative comments? That way I can do whatever the hell I want and you don't have to give a shit.
So I can only follow selective comments thank -you for that permission There is nothing like censorship

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
So I can only follow selective comments thank -you for that permission There is nothing like censorship
chill..its a pirate forum where our opinions whether we despise or enjoy something are encouraged to be expressed...as long as we avoid personal attacks and the ilk most stuff goes..this is to many a horrendously bad game and he expressed that as he is allowed to do..you telling him to stop the negative is censorship also..stop being a hypocrite and just put him on ignore if it bothers you..you will not see his comments anymore and you'll avoid your own hypocrisy.

D

Deleted member 1050319

chill..its a pirate forum where our opinions whether we despise or enjoy something are encouraged to be expressed...as long as we avoid personal attacks and the ilk most stuff goes..this is to many a horrendously bad game and he expressed that as he is allowed to do..you telling him to stop the negative is censorship also..stop being a hypocrite and just put him on ignore if it bothers you..you will not see his comments anymore and you'll avoid your own hypocrisy.
He expressed his opinion but I'm not allowed to conradict it or air mine without being told not to read it

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
With the last couple of updates, it looks like the plot has gained some cohesion - though we're back to the weird branching system from the first few updates. I guess that's consistency too, and I do vastly prefer annoying to crazy.

Reactions: Mc2k14

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I haven't played the newest version yet but what I have always done with this game is first to extract the game files. Next I open either options.rpy script.rpy or both as I can't remember if he puts the rollback prevention in both of them and change the rollback to True and overwrite the file to enable rollback. Next I replace the shanks pictures if there are any with a black picture so all it shows is a black screen when she appears which is a improvement and you won't have to worry about seeing the ugly ass erection killer ever again.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
He expressed his opinion but I'm not allowed to conradict it or air mine without being told not to read it
because you said and i quote "i am sick of hearing negative comments" so..ignore..voila..problem solved and less clutter on the thread :D

D

Deleted member 1050319

because you said and i quote "i am sick of hearing negative comments" so..ignore..voila..problem solved and less clutter on the thread :D
How will I know if it's good or bad If I cannot read it? or do I have to ignore the whole thread

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
How will I know if it's good or bad If I cannot read it? or do I have to ignore the whole thread
if the negative comments are as important to you..then just stand up take a look outside at the sky and take some long soothing breaths until your anger is pushed down then shrug it off..i am guessing you are the Dev as you are taking comments very hard...if so..you need thick skin..because pirates can be a cutting crew...turn the other cheek until you think of a calm mature response and you'll gain alot more...the Dev's who frequent here and handle the negative with aplomb and maturity gain popularity..and..more importantly..patrons..people like a Dev that can handle the heat :p

Reactions: botc76 and rogosh
D

Deleted member 1050319

if the negative comments are as important to you..then just stand up take a look outside at the sky and take some long soothing breaths until your anger is pushed down then shrug it off..i am guessing you are the Dev as you are taking comments very hard...if so..you need thick skin..because pirates can be a cutting crew...turn the other cheek until you think of a calm mature response and you'll gain alot more...the Dev's who frequent here and handle the negative with aplomb and maturity gain popularity..and..more importantly..patrons..people like a Dev that can handle the heat :p
Thank-you for the chat, I'm not the Dev, he/she has more sense than to come here it's just I don't like being told what I should or shouldn't read

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
Is it me or choices you make don't matter at all
I can go smoothly through a chapter and then start the next one but its like my choices din't matter at all

Reactions: Darkaura
1.50 star(s) 49 Votes