VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love, Lust & Lunacy [v1.0.1] [Meep!]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I do not want to add to the negativity on here but I want to ask the dev a couple of questions.
1. Why did you change your name from Roman Hume to this "Meepish"? Was this to avoid something?
2. Why did you bail on your previous Patreons?
3. Why would anyone trust you to provide a finshed story/product since you bailed without any reason on your other project "Dr. Amana"?

Just answer those and I will consider supporting your project after a couple more updates.
1. Different people.
2. Old game is dead. This is a completely new venture with new person (who roman has given the assets to).
3. Heh...well..given the current state of no contact from the dev (anywhere)...

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
I do not want to add to the negativity on here but I want to ask the dev a couple of questions.
1. Why did you change your name from Roman Hume to this "Meepish"? Was this to avoid something?
2. Why did you bail on your previous Patreons?
3. Why would anyone trust you to provide a finshed story/product since you bailed without any reason on your other project "Dr. Amana"?

Just answer those and I will consider supporting your project after a couple more updates.
1. Different people.
2. Old game is dead. This is a completely new venture with new person (who roman has given the assets to).
3. Heh...well..given the current state of no contact from the dev (anywhere)...
Unless I am mistaken, my understanding was Roman Hume was doing all the work by himself. He needed help but couldn't find anyone both willing and possessing the skills to do so. Rather than let the project die, he gave the project and all its assets to Meepish.

Meepish seems pretty cool and has been quite enthusiastic about the project.
If you want to avoid contributing negativity, be constructive. If you see a way to objectively improve a game, suggest it once and let the dev choose to adopt it or ignore it. Don't tear into the dev for doing something you didn't like. The game isn't being made for you, it's being made for everyone who wants to enjoy it. If you think you can do better, make your own game.

For example, a lot of these VN's have multiple choices. Some have numbered their choices so you can choose via keyboard instead of clicking with your mouse. It's a great little QoL feature that lets you keep your hand wrapped around your dick.

Hope you're doing well, Meepish!

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Unless I am mistaken, my understanding was Roman Hume was doing all the work by himself. He needed help but couldn't find anyone both willing and possessing the skills to do so. Rather than let the project die, he gave the project and all its assets to Meepish.

If you want to avoid contributing negativity, be constructive. If you see a way to objectively improve a game, suggest it once and let the dev choose to adopt it or ignore it. Don't tear into the dev for doing something you didn't like. The game isn't being made for you, it's being made for everyone who wants to enjoy it. If you think you can do better, make your own game.

For example, a lot of these VN's have multiple choices. Some have numbered their choices so you can choose via keyboard instead of clicking with your mouse. It's a great little QoL feature that lets you keep your hand wrapped around your dick.

Hope you're doing well, Meepish!
Nope...new story completely...just old assets. She even states this...herself...in this thread. Not sure how anyone can be confused.

Maybe she was...6 months ago...and 4 months ago..well..who knows...as no one heard anything since then...literally...anywhere.

Reactions: karumi56

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Missing out a few details, like Roman Hume was not the sole original developer. He was the writer. When the partner left the project, Roman Hume tried to keep it alive. After spending more than a year learning Daz, live streaming a lot of it, then producing the 2.0 update eventually. After more than 2 years of collecting Patreon "donations", the end result was a single update and then bringing in Meepish, whose own ideas for the game ended up diverging so much, it was made a separate game...but still kept the original Patreon flowing. (I'm missing some of the details, they're buried in the 400+ page of the DAST thread).
Enthusiastic, but thin skinned and quick and eager to return "fire" at perceived hostility. Understandable, but not a great combination for a developer of these games. Engaging trolls is usually the worst response, and devs usually get tired and lose their enthusiasm to continue developing as a result.
Ending with "make your own game" sadly just negates anything actually useful you've said. It's the oldest, silliest response to criticism on this forum.

With this new game stagnating after a single initial release, the developer going radio silent here and on Patreon, I don't expect much at this point. I'd be happy to be wrong, with Meepish putting out more content. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Nope...new story completely...just old assets. She even states this...herself...in this thread. Not sure how anyone can be confused.

Maybe she was...6 months ago...and 4 months ago..well..who knows...as no one heard anything since then...literally...anywhere.
I said nothing about it being an old or new story. Dunno why you're bringing it up.

Missing out a few details, like Roman Hume was not the sole original developer. He was the writer. When the partner left the project, Roman Hume tried to keep it alive. After spending more than a year learning Daz, live streaming a lot of it, then producing the 2.0 update eventually. After more than 2 years of collecting Patreon "donations", the end result was a single update and then bringing in Meepish, whose own ideas for the game ended up diverging so much, it was made a separate game...but still kept the original Patreon flowing. (I'm missing some of the details, they're buried in the 400+ page of the DAST thread).
Details, but otherwise mostly irrelevant. The point is it was too much work for Roman Hume and he passed the materials onto someone he felt would be able to put them to good use.

Ending with "make your own game" sadly just negates anything actually useful you've said. It's the oldest, silliest response to criticism on this forum.

With this new game stagnating after a single initial release, the developer going radio silent here and on Patreon, I don't expect much at this point. I'd be happy to be wrong, with Meepish putting out more content. Time will tell.
To say "make your own game" hardly negates anything I've just said. You're twisting the words out of context. The obvious context is being emotional and attacking the developer benefits nobody - and people wonder why developers leave and stop making content. It's an old and perfectly valid response. If you feel you can't trust someone else to do a good job, and you can't respond in a productive and amicable manner, do it yourself. At worst, nothing happens. At best, they'll learn to appreciate how much time, effort, and money it actually takes to do those things.

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
To say "make your own game" hardly negates anything I've just said. You're twisting the words out of context. The obvious context is being emotional and attacking the developer benefits nobody - and people wonder why developers leave and stop making content. It's an old and perfectly valid response. If you feel you can't trust someone else to do a good job, and you can't respond in a productive and amicable manner, do it yourself. At worst, nothing happens. At best, they'll learn to appreciate how much time, effort, and money it actually takes to do those things.
Your exact words: "If you think you can do better, make your own game."

It's an asinine statement because making an AVN isn't like baking cookies. It actually takes skill: writing, art and coding. Telling a person go make their own AVN if they don't like one is sheer stupidity. Do you tell someone to go write a book if they critique one? No, because that is stupid. Do you tell someone to make their own tv show if they critique one? No, because...just in case you still don't get it...that is stupid.

People can definitely be more polite in criticism than they have been in this thread. That is why I pointed out your missing history that precedes this game. People are pissed off about DAST. Meepish has linked her game to that, for better or worse. Personally, I think it was a huge mistake. I think Meepish had the possibility of a fresh start without all the baggage. If you want to suggest responding in a productive manner, look at Meepish's responses in this thread. Were they productive? Some were, some were mostly just rage.

Maybe things will turn around for this title. As others have speculated, it's not looking likely right now.

Last edited:

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Your exact words: "If you think you can do better, make your own game."

It's an asinine statement because making an AVN isn't like baking cookies. It actually takes skill: writing, art and coding. Telling a person go make their own AVN if they don't like one is sheer stupidity. Do you tell someone to go write a book if they critic one? No, because that is stupid. Do you tell someone to make their own tv show if they critic one? No, because...just in case you still don't get it...that is stupid.
Based on the hundreds of subpar AVN's here on F95, it clearly doesn't really take that much skill to make a AVN. It takes skill to make a good AVN. And that tracks, because it's far easier to make a game today than it was 25 years ago, but not all indie productions have good quality.

If someone doesn't like a book, would I tell them to write their own? I absolutely would, and have done so, for the exact reasons I noted in that exact same comment you just quoted. If you disagree with what I said, then that means, in your opinion, it's stupid to inform people or encourage them to get informed. If that's how you really feel, then why are you responding to my comment with the intent of informing me of things?

I don't see why you feel the need to try to lecture me about the skills required to design a game when in the exact same comment you quoted I explicitly remarked about such skills. To me, that is stupid.

People can definitely be more polite in criticism than they have been in this thread.
Because you've been such a shining example? You've come off as condescending.

That is why I pointed out your missing history that precedes this game. People are pissed off about DAST. Meepish has linked her game to that, for better or worse. Personally, I think it was a huge mistake. I think Meepish had the possibility of a fresh start without all the baggage. If you want to suggest responding in a productive manner, look at Meepish's responses in this thread. Were they productive? Some were, some were mostly just rage.

Maybe things will turn around for this title. As others have speculated, it's not looking likely right now.
And I appreciate the update since I haven't been here in months. Details tend to get lost when you don't think about something for a long time. It's a shame people had to give Meepish shit rather than give her a chance. And it's a shame Meepish let people get to her. I won't speculate one way or another.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Since finding this site I have come to hate the word abandoned.
Hopefully the dev is busy working on an update and just hasn't had time to post anything.

• Haha
Reactions: fin133 and Demnor

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Since finding this site I have come to hate the word abandoned.
Hopefully the dev is busy working on an update and just hasn't had time to post anything.
Hey bud... I wanna tell you a secret....

ABANDONED!

I get you, though. It sucks when projects are aboned. Especially when they show promise.

Reactions: fin133 and Demnor

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Hey bud... I wanna tell you a secret....

ABANDONED!

I get you, though. It sucks when projects are aboned. Especially when they show promise.
It makes me think I shouldn't try any new games and just stick to my favourites.
It's shame though I think this could have been a good game.

Reactions: Demnor

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It makes me think I shouldn't try any new games and just stick to my favourites.
It's shame though I think this could have been a good game.
eh... I try out new things when I'm bored. While it may suck when they get aboned, it's not going to affect me that much. You just gotta move on.

It could have been a great game... and what it was initially based off was a pretty great game. It is what it is...

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
eh... I try out new things when I'm bored. While it may suck when they get aboned, it's not going to affect me that much. You just gotta move on.

It could have been a great game... and what it was initially based off was a pretty great game. It is what it is...
Yeah, I need to learn not to get so attached to these games.
It's a shame the dev didn't come here and say it's abandoned though.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Yeah, I need to learn not to get so attached to these games.
It's a shame the dev didn't come here and say it's abandoned though.
You never know... sometimes life happens and people get sidetracked. Or maybe they were a bit ambitious. Maybe negativity took her down. It could be a number of things. Maybe Meep will make a comeback. Maybe not. Regardless, lots of other games to play here.

Reactions: Joshy92

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
Wow, that project went down the drain even faster than the original. Too bad, I was kinda hoping to see it completed in one form or another. I wish the dev all the best in his future endeavours, but apparently, solo projects are not the way to go about it.

Reactions: Throwawayxyz
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes