Daz Lost tutorial channel?

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Probably the wrong forum, but couldn't find any better.

I used to watch a channel on youtube, that was filled with tutorials on Daz, we're talking hundreds of videos here. I can't remember the name of the channel, just that it at some point opened a patreon for the more explicit video tutorials and that it had a few videos (that I remember) about a custom skin shader (which admitedly was bad, but eh..) and a 2-Part long video (over an hour and a half total) about asset organization in the content library.

It's the latter I've been trying to find for days now and failing miserably. I can't remember the name of the channel, but I'd probably recognize it if I saw it, but I don't, which makes me think it changed the channel name entirely. Anyone knows who I'm talking about? I'd really like to find the videos about content organization again.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
That's it, thanks a lot. But aww man, it sucks. :(

And I suppose his videos are not backup up anywhere, right? Maybe another platform or something.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
That's it, thanks a lot. But aww man, it sucks. :(

And I suppose his videos are not backup up anywhere, right? Maybe another platform or something.
You might be able to watch a few of the more recent ones on TheWayBackMachine. I'd try @'ing him Twitter/Messaging on Discord to see if he has plans to upload them elsewhere. Though, part of me wonders if he's planning on selling them elsewhere, and thus removing the free stuff. That's just the cynic in me, though.

What tutorials were you looking for, exactly? Val Cameron's stuff is pretty nice if you're looking Daz-focused tutorials.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
You might be able to watch a few of the more recent ones on TheWayBackMachine. I'd try @'ing him Twitter/Messaging on Discord to see if he has plans to upload them elsewhere. Though, part of me wonders if he's planning on selling them elsewhere, and thus removing the free stuff. That's just the cynic in me, though.

What tutorials were you looking for, exactly? Val Cameron's stuff is pretty nice if you're looking Daz-focused tutorials.
To be honest, I find both Val's and IT Roy's (and well, most others, really) quite basic. Very good at what they are, but basic. At least from what I want and the workflow I want to develop. Specifically what I was looking for was as well as part one of it. Neither are available on wayback machine sadly and I'm starting to get lost in my library already.

As for tutorials I'd like to find, maybe there are some out there and I just can't find them, are stuff about either photorealism in daz/iray (not the doll like realism of Dreamlight, but more like something along , or on porting stuff to ue5 while looking good still (best I've found is the workflow, bit I'm still waiting for the plugin to mature.)