Unreal Engine Lost Stars [Public Alpha 1.0] [OrionLegacy72]

coscath

Jan 3, 2020
It's a great start. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Bugs I encountered in Alpha 1.0:
  • If you try to drop outlaw clothes, the item will not be dropped but your encumbrance goes down - you can even go negative
  • The first blowjob the camera did not centre properly - It worked correctly when I tried again though.
  • The inventory/missions/skills etc UI is cut off at my native resolution (1920x1200)
  • I often seemed to have duplicated missions in the log
  • You can talk to outlaws in the into mission, it opens a blank dialogue window with no way to close it. I had to restart.
  • Starting a new game during the intro mission did not respawn enemies or clear my inventory.
  • Got in an endless loop of paying a bounty of 0 credits - the guard just kept restarting the dialogue. No idea why I had the bounty.
  • Sometimes WASD just stopped working. I'm guessing I hit a broken event trigger.
I also got stuck on the into mission. I managed to miss the switch you have to activate in the prison building and just continued to the end where the boss spawns. No triggers activate after killing everyone and you can't get back up the elevator. I initially thought that was the end of the demo. That switch is somewhat hidden in the dark. I suggest adding a light on it.

It would be nice to advance dialogue by clicking, like the space bar does.
E should toggle the loot window so you can get out of it quicker if someone is shooting at you.
The subsurface scattering and jiggle physics need to be turned way down.
Sprinting is barely any faster than walking, and stamina is gone way too quickly.

OrionLegacy72

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2023
Thank you everyone for your feedback! I'll try to fix your issues ASAP but do keep in mind it is something I only work on the weekend for fun, in the meantime, here is a few screenshot of the improved skin and environment:
Screen01.png Screen02.png Screen03.png Screen04.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SyberiaX

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Aiming sucks ass, not enough bullets, everyone just opens fire on you, can't progress due to not enough ammo, can't do anything due to not enough ammo (there might be enough if the bullets went WHER YOU AIM)