• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth: Development Thread

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
LostAtBirth-Banner.jpg
Introducing our brand new and wholly original creation, "Lost at Birth".

NEW INFO AND MEDIA ON PATREON.
Welcome to the development thread.
FIRST CHAPTER IT'S OUT:
LOST AT BIRTH - CHAPTER ONE

V19 Team: V19XX L7Bear
RENDERING PHASE:
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ 100%

Early Previews
(Mostly so you can see the look of the game)
Ch01-01.png Ch01-02.png Ch01-03.png

PRE-PRODUCTION PROGRESS:
CHAPTER ONE - PRODUCTION COMPLETE
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Synopsis:
Lost at Birth will tell the story of a rather ordinary guy. Stable job, nice house, comfortable routine, married, with no kids… that he knows of. In short, his life is pleasantly boring. To spice things up he has some fun on the side that his wife doesn't need to know about. Then things turn upside-down when a young woman comes into his life…with a birth certificate.
characters PREVIEWS.png
We are putting our biggest effort to make this project outstanding visually and story wise. Every character and scenario are carefully handcrafted, levels of detail never seen before to hopefully bring to life a wonderful and charming tale.

Other projects by us: Our Fate: Remake ( Abandoned per request from the original author)

Last edited:

HoboCop86

your friendly neighborhood hobo
Respected User
Donor
Apr 24, 2018
Looks promising^^

I hope the young woman with a birth certificate stayed virgin for her Daddy.
Looking for the missing Dad takes a lot of time, no time left for boys :WeSmart:
I also hope she is shaved once we get to see the goods =D
Looking forward to make a little sister for her, with her =D

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Looks great guys! Good luck with the project!

Just some questions:
The "fun on the side that his wife doesn't need to know about": I assume that's Justine and the wife is Cassidy? Would it be possible to avoid the relationship with Justine?

The "birth certificate": I assume Cassidy is not Kailey's mother, but how does the MC's name end up on the birth certificate? In my country, the father needs to register the child and declare he is the father, so in that case the MC must know about her existance. Otherwise, the mother would need to register the child but then the father could not be recorded. From a legal point of view, I don't think the mother can declare that a certain man is the father on her own.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Maybe I missed something, but I don't think anywhere was mentioned the MC's name was on the birth certificate. Only that there is a birth certificate.
Excellent point but how does that lead the girl to the MC?

Reactions: L7Bear

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Looks great guys! Good luck with the project!

Just some questions:
The "fun on the side that his wife doesn't need to know about": I assume that's Justine and the wife is Cassidy? Would it be possible to avoid the relationship with Justine?

The "birth certificate": I assume Cassidy is not Kailey's mother, but how does the MC's name end up on the birth certificate? In my country, the father needs to register the child and declare he is the father, so in that case the MC must know about her existance. Otherwise, the mother would need to register the child but then the father could not be recorded. From a legal point of view, I don't think the mother can declare that a certain man is the father on her own.
Justine is the wife, Cassidy is a co-worker. If you mean if you will be able to be faithful to your wife then the answer it's yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: L7Bear and Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Justine is the wife, Cassidy is a co-worker. If you mean if you will be able to be faithful to your wife then the answer it's yes.
Thanks, I feel that reasonably good relationship with the wife will make the choice to pursue Kailey more meaningful.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: L7Bear

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
"In the United States, there is no national (federal) birth registry, as you might see in other nations, such as the United Kingdom. Instead, birth certificates are issued by the states, which are obligated under law to report annual vital statistics data to the federal government."
[...]
"Within each state, the management of birth certificates might be further decentralized, with data collected and certificates issued at the county or municipal level. Birth data is submitted to the state, county, or municipality by parents, doctors, midwives, and hospitals, typically via paper or electronic forms."
-

Basically, the rules & regulations for birth certificates in the USA vary wildly.
States, counties, or municipalities (i.e. cities/towns/etc) may issue birth certificates.
Parents, doctors, midwives, or hospitals may fill out the birth certificate.

This is terrible for consistency, but great for writers. :ROFLMAO:

In the case of Kailey's (*cough*original*/cough*) birth certificate, Kailey's mother most likely told a nurse or other hospital employee what to write down on the form.

note: If you think that's bizarre, take a look at marriage laws in the USA. You would think that both parties in a marriage are required to sign/agree/consent to the marriage, but depending on the state regulations you might be wrong.

Reactions: V19XX and Yngling

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
My only comment is IMO the wife looks a bit young for someone in her late 30's early 40's. I'd make her a little MILFier, curvier maybe, certainly the face could look a little more mature, a little more character. But still lovable.

The basics are good though, just tone down the supermodelishness a bit.

Reactions: Yngling and L7Bear

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
My only comment is IMO the wife looks a bit young for someone in her late 30's early 40's. I'd make her a little MILFier, curvier maybe, certainly the face could look a little more mature, a little more character. But still lovable.

The basics are good though, just tone down the supermodelishness a bit.
Hm I don't think dev said anywhere that wife is same age as MC, so she could be just younger. And TBH she looks great like she is right now.