Seeking Looking for...

baragnaw

Apr 7, 2018
I recently finished the 2nd chapter to dmd, which was great btw. Was curious if there are any more like that one. You know with the visuals, text choices/text based and animation. I've seen others, but they aren't solely text and visuals. Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I recently finished the 2nd chapter to dmd, which was great btw. Was curious if there are any more like that one. You know with the visuals, text choices/text based and animation. I've seen others, but they aren't solely text and visuals. Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Not sure I am understanding your question correctly, but "My sweet neighbors" is pretty much exactly like DmD in regards to how it plays and shows visuals. It also has the same feel of quality to it, although you will definately get several flashbacks to DmD since you have played that. The game seems fairly heavily inspired by DmD, even though it is different enough to be interesting.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
They're called Visual Novels. Click on the [VN] prefix in the title and you'll get a list of all the visual novels on the site.

D

Dr PinkCake

If you like DmD you should check out Melody (same creator: MrDots).
Also, shameless promotion, I have a similar type of game coming out pretty soon. Besides from my Patreon, I haven't started to advertise for it. Click the link in my signature for visuals.

baragnaw

Apr 7, 2018
Yes visual novels, can't believe I forgot the genre of them lol. Visual novels are great, imo. I tried out taboo request, but it has the rpgmaker type thing in it as well. Think that's what that part of game is. Don't get me wrong those are good i just prefer the visual novel part and text choices like how dmd is setup. I've played some of dual family and that is a good concept. MrDots is very creative and hope he creates more awesome vn. I'll give both my sweet neighbors and melody a go. Thanks for the information.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
DmD is the worst of it's genre, and I say that as someone who's played it through to it's current end point in spite of having a very poor opinion of its pacing and whatnot. However, when I say it's genre, I'm being even more specific, because DmD has a very specific set of mechanics, and the way it works can be found in other VN to a T.

Those VN are:

Babysitter: Same premise as DmD, only we have an Uncle and his Niece. One thing I like about this game is that the Uncle isn't a completely first person character. More importantly, the wring, particularly since they hired a new writer, has been excellent. Christine feels like an 18 year old girl, she has both the confidence of youth and the self consciousness of the sheltered girl she was, while also having a 12th grade level of intelligence. This is a refreshing change from D, who's understanding of the world shifted from elementary school level stupid on up to end of middle school at a Whim. Another thing I think Babysitter does wonderfully is Romantic Rivals. In DmD you have a few guys try to molest D, or otherwise trick their way into her pants. This is, ofc, a heightened level of reality that gets to the point of ridiculous. With Babysitter though, both of the Rivals, Mr. Silver, a known pervert, but a crafty man, and Robert, the cool drug dealing bartender from the local club are believable. Both, obviously, only see Christine as a conquest, making them perfect villains, and as long as you continue to show your own interest in Christine, both her safety and her affection, you'll never lose her to them.

Parental Love: This one is... I hesitate to call it a masterpiece, but if we are comparing it to DmD, it's the Mona Lisa, and DmD is a middle schooler's macaroni art. The main character is a father, separated from his children 16 years prior due to a drug addiction. He gets his life back together and even takes over his father's company, a restaurant chain, before coming back in contact with their mother, his wife. The game opens at a bar, the MC and the mother of his children meeting again for the first time in so many years. They talk a bit, reminisce and after some conversation, she decides she's ready to give you this chance. On your way back to her place you go to pick up your oldest daughter at the gym. Your first sight of her after these 16 years is as she's bent over in some workout routine, her ass on display... You know then 100% who this MC is, and how he's going to play, as if you didn't from the fact that it was an adult game. The game is a little over the top in the suspension of disbelief, but considering the girls would have been 2-3 and 4-5 respectively when you left, it's more than possible that the mental barriers we develop against incest would be missing. However, I can say this most importantly, even though its last update was only its .05, the daughter has given her daddy 1 more blowjob than D has, and it earned it just as well.

My Sweet Neighbors - I know it was mentioned above, but this was the first of the DmD clones I played when I first started. It's got no Incest but damn is it a good story, allowing you to begin dating your neighbor, a lovely older woman, before also giving you a nice romantic flirtation with her 18 year old daughter, as she explores her own feelings for you. It's got a bit of sexual content already and just got an update, which I haven't gotten the chance to play yet, but have already downloaded and am looking forward to.

a couple honourable mentions, that aren't DmD clones

I Love Daddy - this game flips the genre on it's head, playing as the daughter you seduce your father, and other hijynks ensue along the way. This game has 10 different endings, that's right endings, as it's complete, and each of them flesh out the backstory so much more giving you an amazing experience. It's one of my favorite games, absolutely recommend you try it.

Sisterly Lust - a VN harem game, almost like Parental Love in that respect, but with it's own mechanics making it a little different from your typical DmD clone. However, it's plot development, a day to day progression isn't all that different. You have 3 sisters, your mother, the little sister's 2 best friends, and a hot coworker to play with, and that's just so far... I may have missed a person or two, who are more optional. This game is fun, and the best part, is how the developer took basic character archetypes and gave them life. The shy innocent virgin, the tsundere older sister, and the affectionate little sister are character's we have all seen, but the way he writes their dialogue makes them feel real, gives them personality and individuality, in spite of their tropey origins.

I could recommend many more if you're interested in the future, but his should keep you busy for a few days.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
DmD is the worst of it's genre, and I say that as someone who's played it through to it's current end point in spite of having a very poor opinion of its pacing and whatnot. However, when I say it's genre, I'm being even more specific, because DmD has a very specific set of mechanics, and the way it works can be found in other VN to a T.
I'm getting tired of finding you on every single thread where DMD gets mentioned, trying to shill those shitty clones and bashing on DMD. What's the problem if the OP loved DMD? Half of your posts are always the same. Do you get paid to post that crap? Mods should check this out, because to me you sound like a spammer.

"If we are comparing it to "DmD, it's the Mona Lisa, and DmD is a middle schooler's macaroni art." Are you serious? Come on, if it wasn't for DMD those other crappy games wouldn't exist. If it wasn't for DMD, your spam wouldn't exist either...

If they are so good like you say, why can't they reach the amount of patrons mrdots have (after dmd getting banned) combined? LOL

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm getting tired of finding you on every single thread where DMD gets mentioned, trying to shill those shitty clones and bashing on DMD. What's the problem if the OP loved DMD? Half of your posts are always the same. Do you get paid to post that crap? Mods should check this out, because to me you sound like a spammer.

"If we are comparing it to "DmD, it's the Mona Lisa, and DmD is a middle schooler's macaroni art." Are you serious? Come on, if it wasn't for DMD those other crappy games wouldn't exist. If it wasn't for DMD, your spam wouldn't exist either...

If they are so good like you say, why can't they reach the amount of patrons mrdots have (after dmd getting banned) combined? LOL
If you'd like for me to explain, in technical terms, all the ways to improve DmD, I would be glad to. You are taking this far too personally. It's called criticism. As a writer I am compelled to point out the issues with DmD, pacing, inconsistency with D, the fact that Dots couldn't decide if he was writing a corruption game or a romance game, I can go on, but that's not the point of this thread.

say that as someone who's played it through to it's current end point in spite of having a very poor opinion of its pacing and whatnot.
I'm not some shit person who's making an opinion here. I'm talking from knowledge of the entire DmD story, comparing and contrasting the writing skill behind the clones, and talking about how they're objectively better made.

More importantly, to your point of

trying to shill those shitty clones
What is the purpose of this thread if not to suggest similar and preferably better titles than the one you played before?

finally, to your ad hominem, patrons are not a measure of quality. If customers are a measure of quality then McDonald's and Subway are the greatest restaurants to ever exist, and starbucks makes the best coffee ever. There are many factors that go into a game's success. For DmD, it was largely the open playing field at the time of his first release. Back then, Big Brother, DmD, etc, they were it, there wasn't much else to play. Also, marketing. I don't know what the three developers, T4boo, Luxee, and Pandello are doing advertising wise, but I do know that considering the time they've each been out, they're doing quite well, each making at least a middle class living from their game's success, which is not easy, and t4boo specifically raking in more than 10k a month. Considering neither of them have had the time to gather their audience that Dots has, and the fact that when they joined the market there was much more competition, they're all doing excellent. And actually, since you said after dmd getting banned. They're all making more than Melody.

There are also point's I'll give to DmD that I don't for games like Man of the House, or SuperPowered, which have horrible writing and game design all around. Dots' problems stem from poor pacing and inconsistency with D, is she 8 or is she 14, she's definitely not 18 though. However, he does get you invested in his characters, allowing for an empathy and a release when you see the plot advance. However, he's dragging things out to an unbelievably slow pace that simply doesn't make sense. As I said, if you'd like to read a treatment of what I'd do to fix DmD's pacing issues and D herself coming off as inconsistent, ask, I'll give you a full rundown. I wouldn't change the settings or the characters or the romance itself, just improve the pacing and D's consistency.