Looking for twine help

smitty1989

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hello

im currently starting deveopment on a twine based game/VN, im stumped on a way to bring choices togther and was seeing if there is anyone out there who would like to help out, im making this game not for profit

a brief outline of the game is a man using a bimbofication on former friends families after they betrayed him

any interest would be awesome

JSXHUB

smitty1989

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
So far I'm at a part where it I've given given 3 choices i.e which person would you like to visit first, just not sure what code to put after each visit for that the completed one isn't available again and the story can continue

Nov 7, 2023
Aight here's what u can do. If it's a one time scenario , do the following-
1.Go to your StoryInit Passage
2.Let's assume person one's name is "A". You have to write <<set $metA to 0>>. ("metA" can be replaced by any custom names relevant to the event you wanna specify. Am assuming you want to do some intro like stuff so it should only fire up once in the game, Hence , the name i used here.)
3.Just use <<if>> statements now.
4.Example, on the passage where the three choices are present , Just encase the choice to go "Meet/Visit "A""like this-
<<if $metA is 0>>
[[Go visit A]]
<</if>>
5.The passage following the choice of meeting "A" should have <<set $metA to 1>> , so that once the player has visited "A" , the variable will go to 1 and won't even show the choice again once going back to the main choices screen.
W

Reactions: Glorified_ignorance

smitty1989

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Perfect, thanks for you help, I'll try this and get back to you if I struggle with it