• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
We've all heard Albert Einstein's famous line: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

As it turns out, insanity might be crediting that quote to Einstein over and over again. He never said it.

Very common now days. Every day we learn that most of the taught in school were very true.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
it would not be feasible to change the name on the vest for rendered images
You wouldn't need to. You could get RenPy to display a dynamic text box over the top of the image to display a custom name in a custom font. But I get that it's probably far too much effort for too little payoff.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dimitri57

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
We've all heard Albert Einstein's famous line: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

As it turns out, insanity might be crediting that quote to Einstein over and over again. He never said it.

I call bullshit. For starters Michael Becker got his main fact wrong, at least according to . According to him that quote could not have "first" appeared in Rita Mae Brown's 1983 book if it was in a 1981 Narcotics Anonymous publication. I found another 3 examples of other places it "first" appeared in five minutes of research.

My two cents; Fuck the cancel culture bullshit and let Ol' Al have it. Jus' Sayin':cool:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
You wouldn't need to. You could get RenPy to display a dynamic text box over the top of the image to display a custom name in a custom font. But I get that it's probably far too much effort for too little payoff.
Yeah I see what you're saying. It would take some futzing around to position that text box to where the name patch was in each image. Even then, I'd think the patch would have to be set dead level and flat to the front of the image. I don't think the text box could be positioned to display the text correctly if the name patch was tilted or turned at an angle in the image. Scaling the text would be an issue as well depending on where the patch was visible in the image. Doable? Maybe, but not much bang for the buck IMHO.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019

It would’ve been pretty funny for Einstein—a scientist—to define insanity that way, considering that to run the same experiment over and over to see if it behaves the same way each time is a necessary part of experimental science.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I call bullshit. For starters Michael Becker got his main fact wrong, at least according to . According to him that quote could not have "first" appeared in Rita Mae Brown's 1983 book if it was in a 1981 Narcotics Anonymous publication. I found another 3 examples of other places it "first" appeared in five minutes of research.

My two cents; Fuck the cancel culture bullshit and let Ol' Al have it. Jus' Sayin':cool:
As Dimitri57 said: "Mandela Effect". I mean, he DID die in prison, but apparently he didn't. But I KNOW he did. Same with other SHIT that I remember.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yeah I see what you're saying. It would take some futzing around to position that text box to where the name patch was in each image. Even then, I'd think the patch would have to be set dead level and flat to the front of the image. I don't think the text box could be positioned to display the text correctly if the name patch was tilted or turned at an angle in the image. Scaling the text would be an issue as well depending on where the patch was visible in the image. Doable? Maybe, but not much bang for the buck IMHO.
I like the nickname idea and predict we will see his m8's from his military days toss something out that catches on...

But, whatever you do, don't make it "Prisoner 8675309".

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I just assumed that was an acronym for Butt Boy. :D
Hehe... Speaking of BB and Thor. I just finished the scene at Favela with BB talking to Thor about finding Angel. Next up is the skankiest ass on the planet blowing Willie while BB talks to him. Out of respect for my brothers here I will NOT be posting a pic.

4.40 star(s) 123 Votes