• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Hey guys, so i have one more question about the "Worth it" Achievement, i know i have to skip the 3rd training session with the crone (And dont reveal Evelyn's dark secret ) then go with her to arrest Thaddeus.But if i dont train to the max,how do i stop the fairy queen from starting a war at the end? In order to avoid this, i have to send Nell to her dont i? and i need her darkest secret
I haven't actually tried to get this achievement, but I have played a game where I did not take Nell to the FQ and the endgame started without a war happening. So there's more than one way to avert the war - besides the usual way (fulfilling the FQ's quest), I think the other method is to follow the relationship path with the FQ. She's not going to start a war of extermination against humans if the lover who gives her mind blowing orgasms is a human himself.

gabrielbj87

Dec 28, 2021
I haven't actually tried to get this achievement, but I have played a game where I did not take Nell to the FQ and the endgame started without a war happening. So there's more than one way to avert the war - besides the usual way (fulfilling the FQ's quest), I think the other method is to follow the relationship path with the FQ. She's not going to start a war of extermination against humans if the lover who gives her mind blowing orgasms is a human himself.
You were right!!!! By making the Fairy queen fall in love,she didnt star a war, i got the final achievement.Thanks!

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I think I changed this slightly during the final stages of development, but I believe the requirement for avoiding a war with the fairy kingdom is simply to progress the story to the point where the Fairy King leaves the Fairy Queen. I might be mistaken, but this is what I remember. It was never meant to be difficult to avoid and was a condition I introduced only to deal with situations in which players ignored the Fairy Queen entirely, in which case it made no sense for her to do nothing at all.

gabrielbj87

Dec 28, 2021
I think I changed this slightly during the final stages of development, but I believe the requirement for avoiding a war with the fairy kingdom is simply to progress the story to the point where the Fairy King leaves the Fairy Queen. I might be mistaken, but this is what I remember. It was never meant to be difficult to avoid and was a condition I introduced only to deal with situations in which players ignored the Fairy Queen entirely, in which case it made no sense for her to do nothing at all.
Hey man, first of all: Great game...Second, if the Fairy King Leaves the Queen but you do not pursue a relationship with her, there is still a war, i know because i tried this Achievement and the "No Girlfriends" in one Playthrough. I already got them all!!!

Reactions: Belle

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
Ooh, I didn't know you were active on this thread! Since you're here, I wanted to ask about a couple of things that I'm having difficulty with, regarding Evelyn.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Ooh, I didn't know you were active on this thread! Since you're here, I wanted to ask about a couple of things that I'm having difficulty with, regarding Evelyn.

Evelyn and Thaddeus: You can put a stop to it the first time you see them together (the kissing scene), or not. This has no effect on your being able to win the game.

Relationship with Evelyn:
She has an inhibition which you must remove *before* you tell her your feelings. You learn of the existence of the inhibition while you are revealing her large secret. You become able to remove the inhibition after you've revealed her dark secret.
Do not reveal your feelings to her until *after* you have removed the inhibition and confirmed that it no longer appears in her "remove inhibitions" menu. (you can't remove it immediately after you reveal the dark secret, you have to end the spell and talk to her about the dark secret before you're able to remove the inhibition)

Once you've told her how you feel, she might or might not drag you into bed with her the next evening, depending on her feelings for you (ie, how often you've given her back rubs). Also, it is *much* harder, if not impossible, to get her to accept your offer of romance without ending the Evelyn-Thaddeus thing first.

Reactions: Janus6966

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
Evelyn and Thaddeus: You can put a stop to it the first time you see them together (the kissing scene), or not. This has no effect on your being able to win the game.

Relationship with Evelyn:
She has an inhibition which you must remove *before* you tell her your feelings. You learn of the existence of the inhibition while you are revealing her large secret. You become able to remove the inhibition after you've revealed her dark secret.
Do not reveal your feelings to her until *after* you have removed the inhibition and confirmed that it no longer appears in her "remove inhibitions" menu. (you can't remove it immediately after you reveal the dark secret, you have to end the spell and talk to her about the dark secret before you're able to remove the inhibition)

Once you've told her how you feel, she might or might not drag you into bed with her the next evening, depending on her feelings for you (ie, how often you've given her back rubs). Also, it is *much* harder, if not impossible, to get her to accept your offer of romance without ending the Evelyn-Thaddeus thing first.
Oh, snap! I think I know where I effed up! I told her my feelings before doing the final invade mind on her. Thanks, this should help me make things different this time around.

Also, thanks for letting me know that there's no real consequences (besides losing out on a little bit of cash) to telling Thadeus to go scratch. He can go beat his dick to all the panties I collected for him.

Reactions: glaurung

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I've been active in this thread since day 1. However, I'm not even remotely close to being the best person to ask for walkthrough questions. Keep in mind that the way I've played (i.e. playtested) the game over the years has been completely different from how normal players play it. Even if I had the time to help everyone who gets stuck out (I really don't), the help I can offer is limited and typically ends with me having to dig through the code because I just can't remember what to do when anymore. People who play the game instead of develop it are much better suited to this kind of help because their experience is much closer to your own than mine could ever possibly be. It's just the nature of game development.

More generally speaking, and this isn't aimed at you, I tend to be careful about helping with walkthrough-related questions anyway. I've tried to be nice in the past and help out above and beyond, but far too often, it results in the person I'm helping ending up asking me for help every step of the way through the game as if I was their personal walkthrough and as if I wasn't super-busy actually developing the thing. It can get a bit tiresome since these questions pop up a lot. Not recently though, but it became a daily thing back when LLtP was still in active development.

Most game developers would love to be everywhere all at once, helping out with every little question. But most of the time, that's just unrealistic.

aischylochos

Oct 3, 2022
To get her to go with you to the fey court when you're in a relationship with her, without threats:

It's one of the more annoying puzzles in the game.
Maybe somebody can help me out? I'm stuck at that exact point. The option to convinve Nell doesn't appear - neither at the stables nor in the tent. Can someone come up wit a clue, what I might have missed? And threatening her is something I wouldn't want to do ...

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Maybe somebody can help me out? I'm stuck at that exact point. The option to convinve Nell doesn't appear - neither at the stables nor in the tent. Can someone come up wit a clue, what I might have missed? And threatening her is something I wouldn't want to do ...
It's definitely an annoying quest to accomplish.

Make sure you meet all of these prerequisites:

1. be her boyfriend (if you aren't in a relationship with her, you can just pass a charisma check and convince her in conversation).
2. Have gotten the quest to bring her to the Fairy Queen (obviously).
3. have revealed her dark secret.
4. have tried to convince her to go in normal conversation and failed (so you get the option to threaten to break up with her or to give up for now).
5. Giving up for now should make your character think to himself something about that's a hint about trying remove inhibitions. If you don't see that hint (I don't recall the wording, sorry), try convincing her normally again.

I am not completely sure if these are necessary:
5. Have enough charisma (make sure you're maxed out).
6. Have used remove inhibitions on her and taken her to the tent previously (I think I ran into an issue once where the dialog line didn't show up because it was the first time I had taken her to the tent in that playthrough, but it showed up once I left the tent and came back).

And for reference, here's the sequence again:
Try to convince her normally, fail
Cast remove inhibitions, go to the tent with her.
Choose the line about making her willing to go, get told the tent is the wrong place for that.
Go back to the stables, and you're finally able to remove the inhibition so you can convince her without threats.

Reactions: aischylochos

aischylochos

Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for the hints. I finally solved this by repeatedly going to the tent and back again. At some point, the option "maker her more willing" appeared. Took several repetitions ...

Reactions: glaurung

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
It's definitely an annoying quest to accomplish.

Make sure you meet all of these prerequisites:

1. be her boyfriend (if you aren't in a relationship with her, you can just pass a charisma check and convince her in conversation).
2. Have gotten the quest to bring her to the Fairy Queen (obviously).
3. have revealed her dark secret.
4. have tried to convince her to go in normal conversation and failed (so you get the option to threaten to break up with her or to give up for now).
5. Giving up for now should make your character think to himself something about that's a hint about trying remove inhibitions. If you don't see that hint (I don't recall the wording, sorry), try convincing her normally again.

I am not completely sure if these are necessary:
5. Have enough charisma (make sure you're maxed out).
6. Have used remove inhibitions on her and taken her to the tent previously (I think I ran into an issue once where the dialog line didn't show up because it was the first time I had taken her to the tent in that playthrough, but it showed up once I left the tent and came back).

And for reference, here's the sequence again:
Try to convince her normally, fail
Cast remove inhibitions, go to the tent with her.
Choose the line about making her willing to go, get told the tent is the wrong place for that.
Go back to the stables, and you're finally able to remove the inhibition so you can convince her without threats.
I don't really remember how it went down, but in my first play through, I convinced her to go without becoming her boyfriend.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
I don't really remember how it went down, but in my first play through, I convinced her to go without becoming her boyfriend.
That's easy, it just takes some charisma and having revealed all her secrets.
If you're her BF, then charisma won't work. You can *only* do it by threatening to break up with her (she stays mad at you for several days) or by wrangling remove inhibitions in exactly the right way.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
So I just grabbed version 1.0.1. I had previously played an older version up to a certain point. Anyways, I just restarted and immediately I see Evelyn refer to me as "little brother" and I've got to say.... that's 100% not going to work for me. How do I get it back to how it was before? Where she's unrelated.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
So I just grabbed version 1.0.1. I had previously played an older version up to a certain point. Anyways, I just restarted and immediately I see Evelyn refer to me as "little brother" and I've got to say.... that's 100% not going to work for me. How do I get it back to how it was before? Where she's unrelated.
That's the Patreon version. You currently have the SubscribeStar version, which is the one that is currently posted in this thread.

But you are in luck! Because Belle is awesome, and the final release version is free.

Reactions: Belle and abc123xyz

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Simple cheat sheet:

If you want Evelyn to be related to the main character, download the game from Subscribestar.
If you want them to not be related, download it from patreon.

On both sites, the final version of the game is available for free without subscribing.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
If you find any errors or have constructive suggestions to improve the usability of this walkthrough/guide, please let me know.
Hi. I don't know if this is an error or if I messed up somewhere along the way. I don't think I did, but I've run into a problem. I do have v1.01 of the game and v1.0.1 of the guide. On Day 24 Morning, your guide says to go through the records. I can do that. I check the
parents -> Reynold -> Death Year -> Back and then the guide says to pick Evelyn. Evelyn doesn't show up as an option for me, so I thought maybe it was a mistake and I was supposed to check Tom's birth date because there's an obvious contradiction there. Fast forward to Day 27 morning and I'm supposed to confront Aldred with what I found. I can do the dark secret and the first option of "According to the town hall..." but after that, nothing is quite as the guide lays out. I ended up telling him of the 4 year discrepancy and it seemed like that was the right option. But then in the afternoon when I confront Evelyn, it doesn't go right at all. It says I can't do her dark secret because I haven't learned it. I assume that Aldred was supposed to confess something to me, but since the guide didn't line up, I didn't get it. I reloaded my save from the morning of Day 24 and tried again, just to be sure and it went the same way again.

So now I'm wondering where the error is? The guide, or me? Did something happen earlier that I missed or where the guide was wrong? It would take a long time to start over and get back to this point so I'm hoping you might know. I just want to re-emphasize that I'm positive I followed all steps exactly as written up until this point.

Thanks!

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 375 Votes