• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
Not sure if anyone can help with this, kind of losing my mind over this because it's making absolutely no sense.

For reference, I own the game and have access to all the versions on itch. About 4 days ago, I set up a lightly modded 0.9.0.11 (had a new slave outfit which I've never even seen in any of the patch notes on discord) version of the game. I had the cheats mod and ultra mod manager. I could launch the game fine and experienced no bugs. There was an update recently to .12, so I backed up my game folder to a zip file, updated to 0.9.0.12, and gave the mods a try (I usually just check and see if they still work, and look for updates if there aren't any, or roll back if it doesn't work at all). I've done this more than a handful of times over the last year or two and have never had issues, and have always been able to figure it out, until now.

So here's the problem.
I was getting a crashing bug on launch in game version 0.9.0.12, so I reverted back to .11. After trying to launch the game, I got an error after hitting accept in the ultra mod manager screen on game launch. The error went away without the mods. I reverted the game to .10, got the same error, then I did .09, same error. At this point, I decided to try every single version of the game starting at and after B.0.9.0.0, and the game will not launch with Ultra mod manager by itself on any version (removed cheats mod completely from the mods folder just to be on the safe side). Some versions have different errors, though the early versions seem to have some sort of problem with a fishkind martial artist skill being duplicated so not sure if related.

I even extracted my backup zip and got errors.

I don't know how else to explain this, it's like I've been playing this game for years, never had this issue, game worked fine the other day, but now all of a sudden, the game refuses to load on ANY version if ultra mod manager is present. I don't get it? It's like my computer just banned me from executing that mod, it makes no sense. I am using the latest version of ultra. Is there some sort of cache somewhere, or registry information that got corrupted or something?
Freshly installed 0.9.0.10 from itch.io

Freshly installed 0.9.0.5 from F95

TLDR: Ultra Mod Manager, by itself on a fresh install of the game, causes errors like above if I try to use it on any version of the game, when it didn't before, even if I use the game version that just worked for me a week ago.

I tried 1.2.1 and 1.2.0, and 1.1.0 of ultra mod manager.

Tested versions, as listed on itch.io:
B0.9.0.0
B0.9.0.1
B0.9.0.2
B0.9.0.3
B0.9.0.4
B0.9.0.4.1
B0.9.0.4.2
B0.9.0.5
B0.9.0.6
B0.9.0.6 (another.6 released on the same day according to the itch downloader)
B0.9.0.7
B0.9.0.8
B0.9.0.9
B0.9.0.10
B0.9.0.11
B0.9.0.12
B0.9.0.12 (another .12 released on the same day according to the itch downloader)'

Edit: Just tested on laptop on several versions as well. 0.9.0.0, 0.9.0.5-0.9.012. Same exact error. I have NO idea how I got this working a week ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: eugene67
Apr 26, 2020
Not sure if anyone can help with this, kind of losing my mind over this because it's making absolutely no sense.
Been having the same problem lately. At first I thought it was a MTL Tool problem. Any time I try to enter certain areas I get a ChangeMap error. No clue what's causing the issue, so I hope someone can find out. That or we wait until Eccma will look into it.

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
Been having the same problem lately. At first I thought it was a MTL Tool problem. Any time I try to enter certain areas I get a ChangeMap error. No clue what's causing the issue, so I hope someone can find out. That or we wait until Eccma will look into it.
It's just the weirdest thing since I had this working on 0.9.0.11 less than a week ago. I updated to that version with itch, and went and grabbed the newest cheatmod and redownloaded ultra mod manager that night, worked fine. Now several days later, ever since attempting with 0.9.0.12, it seems ALL versions of the game are now incompatible with the mod manager mod. I can't imagine what sort of fuckery is happening here to cause this, or I'm somehow missing something obvious. I just tried on a completely separate computer, and it still won't work though. No idea how I set this up while baked out of my mind a week ago.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
this happened when I used a save from version 0.8.6.3
If you start a new game, then there is no bug
See changelog entries:
  1. LonaRPG.Beta.0.8.7.0
  2. LonaRPG.Beta.0.9.0.0
  3. LonaRPG.Beta.0.9.0.5
They each have important information that needs to be done before updating to/past that version.
Otherwise just start a new game.

Last edited:

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017

For reference, I own the game and have access to all the versions on itch. About 4 days ago, I set up a lightly modded 0.9.0.11 (had a new slave outfit which I've never even seen in any of the patch notes on discord) version of the game. I had the cheats mod and ultra mod manager. I could launch the game fine and experienced no bugs. There was an update recently to .12, so I backed up my game folder to a zip file, updated to 0.9.0.12, and gave the mods a try (I usually just check and see if they still work, and look for updates if there aren't any, or roll back if it doesn't work at all). I've done this more than a handful of times over the last year or two and have never had issues, and have always been able to figure it out, until now.

So here's the problem.
I was getting a crashing bug on launch in game version 0.9.0.12, so I reverted back to .11. After trying to launch the game, I got an error after hitting accept in the ultra mod manager screen on game launch. The error went away without the mods. I reverted the game to .10, got the same error, then I did .09, same error. At this point, I decided to try every single version of the game starting at and after B.0.9.0.0, and the game will not launch with Ultra mod manager by itself on any version (removed cheats mod completely from the mods folder just to be on the safe side). Some versions have different errors, though the early versions seem to have some sort of problem with a fishkind martial artist skill being duplicated so not sure if related.

I even extracted my backup zip and got errors.

I don't know how else to explain this, it's like I've been playing this game for years, never had this issue, game worked fine the other day, but now all of a sudden, the game refuses to load on ANY version if ultra mod manager is present. I don't get it? It's like my computer just banned me from executing that mod, it makes no sense. I am using the latest version of ultra. Is there some sort of cache somewhere, or registry information that got corrupted or something?
View attachment 3608803

View attachment 3608912

TLDR: Ultra Mod Manager, by itself on a fresh install of the game, causes errors like above if I try to use it on any version of the game, when it didn't before, even if I use the game version that just worked for me a week ago.

I tried 1.2.1 and 1.2.0, and 1.1.0 of ultra mod manager.

Tested versions, as listed on itch.io:
B0.9.0.0
B0.9.0.1
B0.9.0.2
B0.9.0.3
B0.9.0.4
B0.9.0.4.1
B0.9.0.4.2
B0.9.0.5
B0.9.0.6
B0.9.0.6 (another.6 released on the same day according to the itch downloader)
B0.9.0.7
B0.9.0.8
B0.9.0.9
B0.9.0.10
B0.9.0.11
B0.9.0.12
B0.9.0.12 (another .12 released on the same day according to the itch downloader)'

Edit: Just tested on laptop on several versions as well. 0.9.0.0, 0.9.0.5-0.9.012. Same exact error. I have NO idea how I got this working a week ago.
104_umm.rb should be in Data/Scripts/, not ModScripts/. It needs to load early so that any mods that have preload scripts can do things early.

The info.txt within UMM specifically says to put it in Data/Scripts/
<UltraModManager>/info.txt said:
Put UltraModManager dir to ModScript/_Mods folder and copy UltraModManager/root/104_umm.rb to Data/Scripts/104_umm.rb

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
104_umm.rb should be in Data/Scripts/, not ModScripts/. It needs to load early so that any mods that have preload scripts can do things early.

The info.txt within UMM specifically says to put it in Data/Scripts/
So that's what I did differently before. I think I put it there ages ago and just kept updating through itch so forgot completely. Thanks.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Related to details in the changelog. Should always check it before updating.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
So that's what I did differently before. I think I put it there ages ago and just kept updating through itch so forgot completely. Thanks.
Didn't see it on my first look at the message box's. Had to go back for a more thorough look.

Roy-095

Sep 9, 2018
Anyone got any idea why this is happening? Version 9.0.12. On Joiplay

Edit: nevermind, just need to update Rpgmaker Plugin. Stupid me.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
i can play only 640x480 why ?
You need to provide more information.

All I can gather from that is that maybe you have the VX Ace fullscreen active, which this game does NOT use (it uses Fullscreen++)
The solution for which should be:

Close the game and use the registry file included with the game to reset the VX Ace settings.​

Reactions: Thanna

Thanna

Mar 29, 2020
You need to provide more information.

All I can gather from that is that maybe you have the VX Ace fullscreen active, which this game does NOT use (it uses Fullscreen++)
The solution for which should be:

Close the game and use the registry file included with the game to reset the VX Ace settings.​
Thx works perfekt!

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
PSA: Anyone using 0.9.0.14, do NOT touch the BasicOberve skill. The game will crash. - Fixed as of 0.9.0.15

Last edited:

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Cheat Menu Framework (a.k.a CMF or Cheat Menu)
The old Cheats Mod, reworked to use modules to add new cheats.

Announcement:
v1.0rc7 packages on Github, no uploads on MEGA until v1.0
Downloads:
To get the newest version, use LMake (available on github) to download the latest changes and generate a release zip (either Core+Modules or All-In-One)​
Progress so far:
  • Github created.
  • Current release archived into a secondary branch.
  • Mod renamed.
  • Workflow for packaging now allows the return of the AIO file.
  • Preliminary work to allow other debug menus to work without replacing Cheat Menu.
  • F6 hotkey for Give 99,999 Trade Points moved to Infinite Money CheatModule.
  • All hotkeys will be handled by a new overridable function CheatsMod.cheat_triggers.
  • All module hotkeys migrated to cheat_triggers overrides.
  • TextCache module moved to its own file in the lib folder.
  • Cheat Settings loader improved (loading settings now refreshes the in-memory data from the ini file)
  • Summon menu, Morality Editor and Race Changer moved into their own CheatModules.
  • Mod migrated to UltraModManager
  • Translation support itself is now handled by UMM. No more TextCache module.
  • Mod folder name is no longer hardcoded to Cheats Mod.
  • Translation file Text/$lang/CheatsMod.txt is now Text/$lang/menu.txt
  • Fixed a workflow issue that caused the AIO file to not have all the required files after splitting the following features into their own CheatModules:
    • Race Changer
    • Morality Editor
    • Summons Menu
  • Translated UMM related strings (menu:mod/name and menu:mod/description) into the various languages
  • Moved Dirty Stat toggle cheat into it's own CheatModule
  • Moved remaining cheats into Legacy CheatModule.
  • Fixed dependency on Legacy CheatModule. Issue was an unidentified index out of bounds error. All affected modules fixed.
  • Added a visual tracker of installed modules (Includes translations for menu. Module names intentionally not translated)
  • Menu order is now determined by the CheatModule load order.
  • Fixed a translation issue in the Pregnancy CheatModule.
  • Moved translations into a . All translation changes should be done there.
  • Fixed Stats Editor and Inventory Editors addons for 0.9.0.x
  • Several changes, see the changelog on the v1.0rc6 release.
  • Fixed Inventory Editor crash on nil items.
  • EOL'd Modular Cheats Mod. MCM Branch move to separate github repository and archived. Uploads removed from MEGA.

Compatibility:
  • Minimum required game version: 0.8.7.0
  • For game versions below 0.8.1.0, lines with _state("Tail") need to be commented out.
  • For game versions below 0.8.4.0, instances of _state("AbomSickly") need to be replaced with _state("Sickly")
  • For game versions below 0.8.7.0, change Scene_FirstTimeSetup to Scene_LangFirstPicker in the <Cheats Mod>/mod/Utils.rb file.
  • Requires UMM for versions v1.0rc1 through v1.0rc6.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Before installing the mod:
Ensure that the old cheat mod and the dependency are not installed as they are not compatible with this mod and will result in crashes.

Now make sure you can answer yes to the following question:
  1. Have you set the game path in NyxLauncher?
  2. Have you launched the game to the title screen at least once?
After installing the mod:
  1. Did your archive extractor of choice add a folder with the archive filename? <------- For this one, if you answered yes, the mod will NOT work regardless of if it shows up in nyxlauncher.
Quick tutorial video on installing (super basic)

Notice:
Modular Cheat Mod does not nor has it ever provided the console. That feature is built into the game (See Data/Scripts/Frames/RVscript/520_YanflyF10.rb within the game files)

Important Information:
Any archive I share must be extracted how I say (if applicable), not into a folder with the archive name. The file/folder structure within is exactly how it needs to be for where it is to be extracted.

Known Issues:
  • Hive Hearts summoned on maps without H_BIOS storypoints crash the game. Only summon them if you wish to farm them on their actual maps. (If anyone knows how to recreate these storypoints in code if they don't exist in the current area, feel free to make and share a patch to the Summon feature)
  • Having all 3 Infinite Stats cheats enabled causes lag to a noticeable degree. (Configurable variant ONLY)
  • Some things don't change when changing languages. This is a problem with even the game itself, so restart after switching languages.
  • NoFriendlyFire mod causes Undefined method "+" on nilClass crash if Companion's projectiles hit player code is uncommented.
  • [Will NOT be changed] There is no default language fallback implemented in the mod, so if you use the MTL in the game itself, you MUST create the MTL folder in the mod too. This is by design as the mod relies on the language as set by the game. The MTL tool can be tricked into translating the mod, but the language the tool uses as a source is Google Translated from English and will be inaccurate. The only languages included in the mod that are confirmed accurate are English (being my native language) and Russian (see Credits spoiler)

Planned changes (lower number = highest priority):
  1. Major optimization of the Infinite Stats cheats (Configurable variant ONLY) [On-hold]
  2. Redesign the menu to match the pause menu (maybe even add a Cheats entry to the pause menu to free up a hotkey) [TBD]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mod updated.

Notable changes in v1.0rc7:
  • UMM is no longer required. It is now a soft-dependency.
  • Pressing F9 while in the Cheat Menu will now exit the menu instead of instantly re-opening it.
    Achieved by making the normal trigger check if the current scene is the Cheat Menu, skipping the scene call if it is.
  • States with nil descriptions should neither crash the game nor spam the console when scrolling or opening Stats Editor.
  • Cheat Menu is no longer a Debug Menu.
    It can now co-exist with other Debug Menu's as long as they use a different keybind (custom keybind support is now a planned feature enhancement)

Reactions: KijinMatsuri
4.10 star(s) 183 Votes