Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Oh, thank you so much for making a sequel to this game, this game is amazing, I hope you remove the completed tag and continue again because it has great potential and is original in every way :love:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Why does everyone keep reusing the tribal theme trope on every LoK revival? That shit's getting old now.
Mainly because it was one of the few things that were good about the original idea. Stranded on a strange planet without help, fish out of water. It keeps up the character consistency of a strong female character and puts her in circumstances where the odds are against her, so she had to adapt.

hoobatooba

Mar 16, 2021
Mainly because it was one of the few things that were good about the original idea. Stranded on a strange planet without help, fish out of water. It keeps up the character consistency of a strong female character and puts her in circumstances where the odds are against her, so she had to adapt.
True... and mostly just because the assets he used from the (far too many) abandoned games were for tribal lizards, so in this case there was just no choice.

Whatever it takes to just finish a game. A lot of creators really don't realize that having a finished game, any game, is 10x better (forget bird in the hand is worth only two in the bush) than never actually releasing your perfect game for over a decade. Just fucking release something reasonably complete and then work on the sequel.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Good lord, the amount of Drama here is bigger than the actual game.
More like the storm before the drama. I think all three have no real incentive to go taking this game down or punch down as this is free PR points if they play their hands properly. A cynical perspective for sure, but their strong insistence on shame (especially when to consider all three) of the permission is the equivalent of asking the best moves on basic endgame blitz on chess960.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
I just had a wonderful conversation about my friend about mobile games then vs now. Basically, the OG flash LOK was the original Angry Birds, with both of them later forced to shut down, but can still be found through pirate-like means. The lok tribes is basically the newer Angry Bird Blast app. And this game is one of those angry birds flash made a year before adobe's shutdown. It ain't a masterpiece, but it sure was a good one.

Anyway, the whole permission stuff is always a grey area. As long as you don't have sanction from the company the IP you're taking, it's always a grey area, especially if it's Nintendo. And this is the aspect I'm a bit irked with IP fanart. I don't mind if you ask people to acquire permission from them and I don't mind if you're disappointed if they didn't. But when you try to spin it into something more overall, it just loses it's punch, especially if you didn't ask Nintendo permission in the first place.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
it still works, concept won't go out of date with Krystal.

Pluto_Storm

Sep 3, 2023
A lot of comments and questions are popping up in this thread so I will try to answer a few of them here.
  1. No music or sounds. I don't really have a desire to add them
  2. The Commander nude pictures were pulled from the patreon post and cropped. They aren't part of the spine rig though so no animations
  3. I liked the PlayShapes games but I always felt they were too slow. Part of my intent for this game was to be able to jump in and see animations quickly without needing to walk from place to place. Another reason
  4. My writing for the characters definitely drops off after the first few corruption levels. I might going back to add better dialog, especially at the end game
  5. I didn't have very much dialog for things during the sex scenes. Part of that is because I wanted to spend more time getting the game completed and didn't see it as too necessary, and part of it was that I don't think I am very good at writing that kind of dialog. Only so many times I can type "Oh god yes" before I realize I don't have any other ideas.
  6. I considered adding more options for character decisions but decided against it and just did simple IF statements for corruption levels. I suppose adding the choices would make it more of a "game" but that wasn't really what I was focused on.
  7. I tried looking at taking assets from the PlayShapes games and doing something with them. Currently I am having a difficult time with it. But I think an animation viewer of those old games would be fun.
  8. The reviews are pretty harsh at the moment as it is my first time making a game, but I happened to be jumping into something that people were probably ready to be harsh towards at the start so that is my fault. I tried to manage expectations but I don't think I did a good job at that. Kuja's art is just too good. I don't think any of the updates I could do would really address the fact that it will never be as good as the other games. But it was still fun to make and some people in the comments seemed to like it okay.

If you have any ideas for relatively simple changes that I could do that would make the game more enjoyable, let me know and I can look into it.
Also, if anyone wants to help write better dialog or fix the game in other ways, I have the developer files posted. You can always draft changes and send it to me.

EthanSmithy

Apr 21, 2021
Um wow, you definitely wrote this yourself. Not that i mean to be harsh but damn, that dialogue was rough. The characters state matter of fact things without any prefix, nor build up. Its just, 'statement', 'further conversation'. its not fluid and sounds nothing like actual conversation. My advice, read the sentences you write outloud, and see how they sound. Specifically in a back and forth way, like youre having a conversation yourself. Also Krystals mental thoughts sound very odd. Like shes oogling the commander, and just thinking about how hot she is. I dont even think men do this kinda nonsense, unless theyre real knuckledragging kinda people. Point being its weird, and itd be better if you wanted to show krystal being horny, to have her focus on an aspect of the commander or other characters. Make krystal think the commanders strength would make her great for a dom or some shit, just let your imagination run wild my dude.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
"knuckledragging"
Low key, I wish people would use this word more often. It was one of my favorites for a while, I think I first heard it in Borderlands 2 I think? One of the bosses was named KnuckleDragger. I thought it was hella cool.

*Ahem*
My thoughts on the whole fiasco that began here.
In the beginning of time, there was darkness. Then, burst out the rays of light. It was the primordial birth of The Legend of Krystal. God then said, "I will allow my works to be used by all, and everybody."
The passage of time was nigh. Mankind slaved over God's creations, becoming the harbingers who would then herald about the forthcoming of LoK.
Thus a Curse was born.
Many martyrs came and passed, the dyeing will of the curse consuming many flash medias. God left us all, and Mankind was left to struggle to find...the one.
They foretold the coming of a Prophet!
We know not where this Prophet exists, but it is written in the ancient language, "Blue fox tiddies." Surely this is a gesture to spread the word of good faith? We are, however, divided.

So I have to conclude that the original works made by Playshapes has left a deep imprint that has lasted well over a decade now. He created a motif, a unifying idea if you will, that all LoK should be shared, and shared alike.

2.30 star(s) 9 Votes