Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Well good news though guys, since its just a hardware problem and not actually abandoned we can assume that the script and coding are complete by now, just awaiting the hardware to do rendering ... since obviously hardware will become available at some point ...

right ...

yeah I didn't actually think so either.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Nope. VRAM doesn't stack. 4 gigs is not enough. 8 gig VRAM is entry level for rendering.
odd my laptops graphics card has only 4gig built onto it and it renders just fine. No its not my tower but it can almost keep up with my tower for most everything except when i gave more then 3 models plus house type assets then it struggles but still does the job. average render time 20 minutes tower render times half that.

• 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Skylake)
  • 16GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 SDRAM
  • 17.3" Anti-Glare LCD Panel
  • 1920 x 1080 Full HD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 4GB GDDR5
  • 2TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
Bitter did one of the best VNs out there - some awesome mechanics no one thought about before him here... Too bad it as gone down.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Well good news though guys, since its just a hardware problem and not actually abandoned we can assume that the script and coding are complete by now, just awaiting the hardware to do rendering ... since obviously hardware will become available at some point ...

right ...

yeah I didn't actually think so either.
I truly hope so.

I do doubt it though.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
is it coming back
The last I heard was something like the developer was struggling with getting a system that will efficiently create renders for the game. Also, I'm pretty sure he has a FT job, so there are probably time constraints as well. This game has changed to Abandoned status in the past and then gotten an update. Also, the dev has been pretty clear that updates will take a long time to get released, and he's been pretty open about what's going on in his life. So I can't say it will for sure, of course, but I wouldn't put this game on your own personal abandoned list.

Reactions: the slayer

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
All links down (Win)
Go to the original post (OP) for this thread and use the Report option at the bottom of that post. In the overlay, choose the "Other" reason and then, in the text area, say that the links are dead. An uploader, moderator, or staff member will then look into it and fix broken links.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game is tightly locked away ... plot be so winding and cumbersome ...
It just thickened to stone values and is now stuck in noncomplete.

Reactions: F1_V10

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
The last I heard was something like the developer was struggling with getting a system that will efficiently create renders for the game. Also, I'm pretty sure he has a FT job, so there are probably time constraints as well. This game has changed to Abandoned status in the past and then gotten an update. Also, the dev has been pretty clear that updates will take a long time to get released, and he's been pretty open about what's going on in his life. So I can't say it will for sure, of course, but I wouldn't put this game on your own personal abandoned list.

I figure it's dead at this point .

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I figure it's dead at this point .
Maybe, although the dev still doesn't consider it so. Here is a bit from the latest on Discord. When asked whether the game was dead, he replied as follows.

Bitter Strawman — 04/23/2022
It is in coma. I didn't get decent PC since I paused the game, but I can't really say I consider it dead.

So, interpret that however you will, but Bitter Strawman hasn't given up on it as of now.

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
Since it's been so long and the game will only continue with new hardware, Do you guys think the dev with remaster any of the renders or move to newer higher resolution models/renders with new updates? :unsure:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Since it's been so long and the game will only continue with new hardware, Do you guys think the dev with remaster any of the renders or move to newer higher resolution models/renders with new updates? :unsure:
Not sure. If the problem is that right now that he feels his hardware isn't good enough for him to keep working on the game, I would guess upping the quality of renders might not be the answer. It would depend on what type of power his new machine ended up having. If he ends up getting a second-from-the-bottom GPU and/or CPU-mobo combo, we probably wouldn't see an increase in render quality.

Reactions: Jwow3

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
Not sure. If the problem is that right now that he feels his hardware isn't good enough for him to keep working on the game, I would guess upping the quality of renders might not be the answer. It would depend on what type of power his new machine ended up having. If he ends up getting a second-from-the-bottom GPU and/or CPU-mobo combo, we probably wouldn't see an increase in render quality.
That makes a lot of sense. I do think a remaster of the game with funky 4 or 8K renders and the latest DAZ models would slap though. I also feel like the occasional message on the thread gives that little but of hope that when some new hardware hits we'll get an update, or someone will decide to just gift the guy a 3090 or something however unlikely that is.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That makes a lot of sense. I do think a remaster of the game with funky 4 or 8K renders and the latest DAZ models would slap though. I also feel like the occasional message on the thread gives that little but of hope that when some new hardware hits we'll get an update, or someone will decide to just gift the guy a 3090 or something however unlikely that is.
That would be cool, although I'd guess we'd be the ones slapping in that case.

• Haha
Reactions: Jwow3
4.30 star(s) 13 Votes