Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
maybe its just me... but.. very weird...

the men on the pic remember me an model from 3Dsexvilla/TK17 ....
o_O that weird as fuck lol, how did you get that result ? XD

if you see what i mean :p
The guy in that picture was just a NPC generated randomly by the game. I didn't tailor make him myself. So I don't know ... maybe my game has a soul of its own and is a big fan of 3dsexvilla! :) We must look into this conspiracy theory more.

Holy shit, a v1.0 and not a v0.1?! THIS IS ACTUALLY AMAZING!
Thanks, I didn't want to release anything that isn't worth at least a few hours of gameplay so I just kept on developing it until I've got something presentable (which took a few months). I swear some 0.1 alphas I had the misfortune to play took longer to download than to play.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
If 2 women get it on, you get the M/F interactions. Are they universal, not implemented yet or a bug?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
The guy in that picture was just a NPC generated randomly by the game. I didn't tailor make him myself. So I don't know ... maybe my game has a soul of its own and is a big fan of 3dsexvilla! :) We must look into this conspiracy theory more.
well .. if someone from 3Dsexvilla hack the game and come into it.. that sound pretty promissing about the sex part of it XD

well see what happen in the futur, but maybe its a spoiler/clue haha

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
If 2 women get it on, you get the M/F interactions. Are they universal, not implemented yet or a bug?
Just not implemented yet. I only made MF animations and MF erotica descriptions so far. I'm a coder by trade so animating is a very time-consuming task for me. Eventually, FF and MM (and later group sex) will have their own animations and erotic descriptions. For now, they'll just share with the MF scenes.

Although ... you can already make a mod that adds sex descriptions and dirty talks for FF and MM. Just check Docs/Modding/explanation.lpdesc . Animations have to come from me for now though, until I find a performance friendly to allow external animators to make independent animation mods like SexLab or Wicked Whims (which is hard with UE4 infrastructure but I'll try my best, considering I do come from LoversLab, where there are tons of animators that can jump in)

Reactions: Papa Ernie

--

Sep 26, 2017
Cannot toggle full screen on or off, cannot adjust resolution and doesn't show on primary monitor if there is more than one, would be beneficial to have this in options. Haven't gotten much further than that.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Cannot toggle full screen on or off, cannot adjust resolution and doesn't show on primary monitor if there is more than one, would be beneficial to have this in options. Haven't gotten much further than that.
Someone posted this earlier:
"My solution to get it to play on the correct monitor was to hit Win+P, "Computer Only", start the game, then Win+P again to Extend. Not the most elegant way, but it works, and the game runs as borderless windowed, so you can use the second monitor without the game minimizing."
There's a resolution option in Esc > Settings though, but mostly for performance reasons. The game will stay full-screen. Why would you need it to not be in full screen though? You can easily Alt Tab out of the game at any time. I'm not even sure windowed mode is possible at all with Unreal Engine - I know Unity has these options, but don't think I ever came across an Unreal Engine game that has that. But I'll double check for the next update.

--

Sep 26, 2017
Win+P works to change monitor and extend back to dual monitor setup, thanks, primary monitor is huge 25"+, kinda wanted to adjust the size or adjust size of window at least for better appearance etc.. secondary monitor is is just for misc programs/ monitoring software.

D

Deleted member 30238

oh man did you really have to make the game on this shit engine ? T-T

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
As a game, so far, this makes a nice brick. You get a character, an unknown city (turns out it's London), no orientation, no knowledge for the player that the character would naturally have about their situation, environment, and resources, and absolutely no clue how to play this game. Hovering the cursor gives you and endless parade of commentless question marks on buildings where you can go but do nothing. You have no clue if you have a place to live, a job, or where you have been living at the start of the game. A few places come up as "commercial", "apartment", or "residential"; and there are some landmarks that would only be known to someone who lives in London (I don't). I used to live in San Jose and loaded that map but, with no street names, I can't figure out where I am or where the hell I'm supposed to go. As far as I can tell, you have to randomly poke around buildings forever to eventually find something with which you can interact.

The appearance of the titles when hovering over buildings is very slow and inconsistent. I enabled FPS display but can not find it on the screen (map view). The mouse wheel does not zoom, it merely moves the camera up and down over the map. I do not see any way to move the camera laterally except to center it on wherever the character is sent. There are no compass directions or map orientations.

Would it be too much to ask: How do you play this game?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
oh man did you really have to make the game on this shit engine ? T-T
Should have made it on the state-of-the-art RPGMaker 95 then! :eek:penedeyewink:
Unreal Engine and Unity are basically as powerful as engines go that allow adult content. CryEngine is probably more powerful graphically but adult content is a no no for CryTek.

Would it be too much to ask: How do you play this game?
There's a giant tutorial video in the OP ... just below the download links
You can move the camera with the arrows buttons or WASD ... In fact, it's much easier to pick up new building by moving the camera than moving the mouse. You can rotate the camera by holding Alt or the middle mouse button.
The reason there can be lags before the name of the building shows up is because the game is looking up a database of a few hundred thousand entries. When you type something in Google Map, it takes a while to come up with results, no?
The ? are unknown buildings in the OpenStreetMap database (they're not Google Maps, they can only do so much), you can click on it then 'Edit Building' to manually input building name and type. Although I will add a setting option to hide the ?'s.
I'll put more handholding tutorial popups in the game in the future. But come on! Things like arrows and WASD for movement is pretty standard, surely?
It's a game with its unique gameplay, so yes, there might be a bit of learning curve involved for some. But I think that's better than having every single adult games being RenPy and RPGMaker games, no?

Last edited:

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
couple of bugs:

- If you peep on a member of the opposite sex, after their encounter ends, your own character disappears and the one you peeped on follows you as if a companion, while naked. It happened when i peeped on a neighbour.
However, when i peeped on a lesbian couple at the cinema, my character disappeared afterwards, but the peeped didn't follow me around.
Can be fixed by saving and restarting the game.

- Your clothing doesn't stick or gets screwed about when doing different activities.
Applied for work in a suit, got automatically changed into casual clothes during interview, was set back in the suit + a purple cap after the interview.
Had a suit on at work, went to the gym and got a massage, turned naked and stayed naked.
Went to the gym in casual clothes, it auto-changed into bare upper + jeans when doing an activity, went home and changed into suit then off to work, got auto-changed into bare upper + jeans upon random work event.

- Even though i set male my character as interested in women, i get more random events with guys. Maybe it's not a bug, but... you know...

That's about it that i noticed. Good luck with it all.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
That's about it that i noticed. Good luck with it all.
Thank you for the first point. It's an easy fix. Should be fixed in the next version.
The clothing changes are deliberate and written directly in some scenes to show that time has passed (player applies -> wait -> go to interview -> wait for result, so can't realistically be wearing the same thing the whole time) ... I can add an option in Settings to prevent this though. You get bare bottom in the gym because you lack proper gym clothes. You'll need to buy them with the Buy Apparel action in a shop or something.
Final point is deliberate. You're interested only in women, but gay male NPCs can still be interested in you. This allows for the 'gay for pay' sort of situations - or you can reject them all. But I can look into a setting option to force all NPCs to respect your sexual orientation.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Should have made it on the state-of-the-art RPGMaker 95 then! :eek:penedeyewink:
... and put all those NASA scientists out of work??? Nooo! XD

Thanks for your response.
There's a giant tutorial video in the OP ... just below the download links
Oh! The big picture labeled "quick gameplay demonstration". That usually means showing off scenes of how the game looks and not a tutorial or orientation. This video does show a character getting a job and interacting with people with text that goes by way too quickly to read, but it does not explain how the player is supposed to know or find out where these places are and what they are supposed to do at the start of the game. It's a great video for someone who already knows how to play the game but does not orient a new player.
You can move the camera with the arrows buttons or WASD ... In fact, it's much easier to pick up new building by moving the camera than moving the mouse. You can rotate the camera by holding Alt or the middle mouse button.
That's MUCH better!! The title lag goes away completely when you use the Alt key. This means there should be no reason for that title lag when using the mouse middle button. However, the inconsistency of the titles remains. I go over the same building and it only comes up with "commercial" once maybe every four times.

Also, all those very helpful movement keys (WASD, and Alt) are not covered in the Game_Controls.txt documentation file.
The reason there can be lags before the name of the building shows up is because the game is looking up a database of a few hundred thousand entries. When you type something in Google Map, it takes a while to come up with results, no?
No. On my computer, Google maps is quick and responsive.
The ? are unknown buildings in the OpenStreetMap database (they're not Google Maps, they can only do so much), you can click on it then 'Edit Building' to manually input building name and type. Although I will add a setting option to hide the ?'s.
I'll put more handholding tutorial popups in the game in the future. But come on! Things like arrows and WASD for movement is pretty standard, surely?
Not when the Game_Controls.txt tells you only to use the middle mouse button to turn the camera and portrait to go the the character. Instructions that only cover the mouse usually imply a lateral movement using the mouse and a modifier key, like Shift.

Those keys make the game much more playable, but the primary question of my post remains:
  • What is the situation of the character at the game start? Job, home, friends, etc?
  • What is the character expected to do, what goals do they have?
  • What resources does this character have as a resident of this city?
  • How is the player supposed to find the places they need for that character?
Is there any kind of story or scenario, or are we just supposed to randomly move to and hover over places until we find a commercial that will hire us and a residential where we can live?

It would seem that the character has just moved to the city, has not yet secured a home or a job, and does not know anyone. They must explore the city to find places where they can get a job, rent a home, meet people, and find new resources to improve their life. Is that correct?

Reactions: GNFNNVCN

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
It would seem that the character has just moved to the city, has not yet secured a home or a job, and does not know anyone. They must explore the city to find places where they can get a job, rent a home, meet people, and find new resources to improve their life. Is that correct?
Basically. It's a life simulator, you decide your own background and goals in life. Get rich, get laid a lot, be a faithful spouse, etc

How often do you see yourself update this game? every month or every Three months? thanks.
At least once a month.

Although I push to Github regularly (once every week at least) so with some exceptions, if you know how to clone the Modules folder, you can basically update the game as I develop it.

flar

Aug 17, 2016
no offense, but what is the elevated privilege the game asks for and why does it try to connect to the internet?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
no offense, but what is the elevated privilege the game asks for and why does it try to connect to the internet?
Hmm? The game doesn't need the internet at all. Maybe it's a weird Unreal Engine thing?
It does need to create files on your hard drive - not just for save games but all characters generated are saved as very small text files for easy retrieval. But apart from that, it shouldn't need any privilege.
And no offence taken, you've got to be careful with security nowadays. What firewall software are you using that gives you this info? Maybe I can find earlier reports of Unreal Engine and that software not liking each other.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes