• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Life on Mars [Ch. 1 v0.4] [MiZtyl]

1. 3.00 star(s)

radical686

The premise of this game is fundamentally flawed.

The society he currently lives in is supposed to be polyandry and polygamy. Fine. That means he was raised in a society that accepts sharing partners as normal.

So, where does the NTR come in? It's one thing if he chooses to attach himself to a political party that wants to change that--he buys into the exclusivity ideology attached to some kind of religious revival, but the notion of cucks and jealousy would not be normal in this society. The anti-polygamists would be considered fringe--at least at the beginning of the movement. But, attaching himself to such a party would have consequences, since most of the people around him would find that abnormal and annoying.

So, the whole idea of men stealing his women or being tricked, drugged or manipulated into it would not be a relevant issue. Jasmine would not need to be drugged or tricked into sleeping with someone else. She would simply act on it consistent with her desires. So, I have no idea why those interaction were even introduced.

In actuality, it's simply a game with today's social mores grafted onto a narrative set in the future. That was a huge disconnect for me. As a consequence, I rate this a 2.5 for a pointlessly flawed premise, but round up to a 3 because of the quality of the images.

The good:
    The images are all well drawn and hot, even the men are well drawn, which is often not the case for many VNs.

The bad:
    Pointless narrative device. If you want optional NTR in a futuristic setting, don't change the society you live in to be the opposite. This was one of the more annoying plot devices I've ever seen. It's like the Dev has no idea what polyandry and polygamy actually is.

The character Phlox from the TV series Enterprise is a good example of the type of sensibilities people develop in a world that is polyandrous. The concept of jealousy was foreign to him. He was an extremely well drawn character.