RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'll take your word for the uncertain urban dad unable to make a fire. It's a good point.
Most every guy where I'm from has some basic survival skills developed by just being a kid playing in the woods.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Strange, the 3rd first days are fine, then, the 4rd keep being timeout every 3-5 image.. Android version.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Cool.
Wonder if this update will move the story forward, or just have the usual gratuitous topless daughter scene?

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Indeed, as it is progress are slow but steady. Wonder how it will evolve.
That said, cannot go to the end of day 4 on android, the game lock nearly à mn each few images.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
xRed has posted on patreon that the new version will be released next week

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Well putting things in context, let's look at it alongside something like DMD. They are on day 5 yes? So if you compare the story progress to that of where DMD was at day 5, they are rather similar. It may seem like a slower grind with this game because DMD does fewer releases but each release is larger in scale & content, (3 presently), While this game is on it's 5th, but with smaller amounts of content per update, (1 day per release), So in overall content, it's not that far from it's peers in relative game time. Just my opinion though.
BUT, you're forgetting the MOST important thing- the "D" in DMD was/is LIKEABLE. :)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Any other guy on the island pretty much kills daddy-daughter fuckfest.
Another girl and daughter gets jealous and to compete ends up A.) fucking new rival girl and then B.) fucks daddy.
Or have her tell her dad she's a lesbian- he admits he's gay (and has been living a lie, and he only married her mom because he accidentally knocked her up during his "am I/aren't I" conflicted/confused phase), then they build a hut out of seagull bones to live in until they both die. :)

Reactions: RustyV

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Wayyy to much action for this game Safetydummy.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Yeah the battery and steel wool trick is pretty neat. If you were to use a lithium battery that would be the better way to go. Find some thin foil or use underwire from one of the bras in the suitcase to create a fire.

Puncturing a lithium battery is basically making a bomb and lithium battery can't be easily extinguished, the fire has to burn itself out. UTube has a some videos of this happening.

I think we keep playing this game for two major reasons, 1. hoping the dev will fix this game's flaws to create the decent game it could become, and 2. its kinda like looking at a car wreck, you know its gonna be bad but you do it anyway.
I deffinately agree on the battery part, however I think a bra underwire would be too thick & low resistance, especially since those wires aren't typically made of metal alloys that can generate heat or conduct electricity well, (like nickel, copper or kanthal) & since the battery cells used in laptops are low amperage ICR chemistry cells, (typically only around 5 amps). So if he can find some thinner wire, maybe pull & strip some copper wiring from any electronic device, he can get the current he needs to get decent heat or a decent spark.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
however I think a bra underwire would be too thick & low resistance, especially since those wires aren't typically made of metal alloys that can generate heat or conduct electricity well, (like nickel, copper or kanthal) & since the battery cells used in laptops are low amperage ICR chemistry cells, (typically only around 5 amps). So if he can find some thinner wire, maybe pull & strip some copper wiring from any electronic device, he can get the current he needs to get decent heat or a decent spark.
Good Point.

Mar 5, 2018
I think one of the problems is that many of us playing this game appear to know more about building fires (and survival in general) than the dev. This wouldn't be an issue IF the game didn't take place on a tiny atoll where basic survival skills are necessary.
Or dad and hot bratty daughter could be on an island where basic survival skills were not essential. All that was needed was a better stocked hut.
But if the dev. wanted to use "the fight for survival" as a natural antagonist he should've at least taken 50 minutes out of his life and watch a Survivor Man episode where the host survives for a week on a deserted island.

Well if you think about it, if the Dev was the dad.. he would be totally screwed. If he is an urbanite, using his knowledge of survival, then not so far fetched. As far as separating the cells in the battery, he may have been ignorant on their construction, and therefore wasted the potential for more starters. Wasting time pointing out the shortcomings of survival knowledge when you have no idea of the background of the writer. We all know different things.. no one knows everything. The only idiot, is the one who thinks he does.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I deffinately agree on the battery part, however I think a bra underwire would be too thick & low resistance, especially since those wires aren't typically made of metal alloys that can generate heat or conduct electricity well, (like nickel, copper or kanthal) & since the battery cells used in laptops are low amperage ICR chemistry cells, (typically only around 5 amps). So if he can find some thinner wire, maybe pull & strip some copper wiring from any electronic device, he can get the current he needs to get decent heat or a decent spark.
Oh, there's plenty of wire inside that battery pack itself, once you peel it open. And if that isn't enough, the laptop itself has a bunch of different cables inside. Since without the battery it's just useless, there's no need to keep it intact when your life is at stake.

Sep 21, 2017
fishing game sucks! there is no instructions and I`m clicking EVERYWHERE! ...what a LOUSY FUCKING UPDATE.:FeelsBadMan: anybody planning to download---DO NOT yet. maybe until 0.1000000000000....when the dev learned how to install a correct fishing game mechanic:WutFace:

Reactions: Frank01 and fulcrum

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If you run the cursor along the body of every fish a green-yellow box should appear and that's where you have to "strike" to spear the fish.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
fishing game sucks! there is no instructions and I`m clicking EVERYWHERE! ...what a LOUSY FUCKING UPDATE.:FeelsBadMan: anybody planning to download---DO NOT yet. maybe until 0.1000000000000....when the dev learned how to install a correct fishing game mechanic:WutFace:
You mean cast out the line, wait & drink beer?

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes