• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Aug 20, 2021
We touched on the Maya Prime subject a month ago. I maintain the same answer now as I did back then.

While it’s true he doesn’t ‘remember his past’, keep in mind the important detail that he’s willingly suppressing it too. As such, it’s my belief that subconscious feelings are able to slip through the cracks without making themselves immediately presentable.

Akira still feels a deep connection with Sekai, Niki, Noriko, Ami, Ayane and Maya because technically that past still happened and is alluded to in story. Just because Akira is shielding himself from his past trauma by suppressing his memories, doesn’t mean he doesn’t love or care for certain people deep down.

Besides, what was he supposed to do when Maya popped on the roof?

“Oh, well that’s a bummer. Guess we’ll see how this plays out.”?

Nahhh man I’d feel guilty asf too.
The Maya Prime storyline was great, Maya Prime as a character is top tier, and no that is not the minority opinion.

That being said, I can respect your opinion if Maya just isn’t for you as a character. There are plenty of girls in the game, after all. Even still, the writing itself is fine.

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I think the storyline not only doesn't have a problem, but it is expected. In narratives where you have a mentor-figure, which is what Maya is in LiL, it is expected that the mentor will die at some point (could be a metaphorical death), but in the sense that the protagonist will have to deal with things himself. And that's what's happening.
Huh, i have to admit, i never thought of her as a mentor figure. But... yeah, i can see that be a thing.

Btw, i that gave me some reasons another thought. I mean for maya it was like it that she couldnt to much, that wouldnt lead him to melt away. And that for seemingly a long, long time. So there is something i am now a bit dissapointed about -okay let me just say up front, it wouldnt have really did fit with the direction the story took, so i understand why it didnt happened- and that is that he wasnt trapped in that for a while.

You know? Not been able to do anything with maya without melting her and reset the whole timeline completely and been completly alone. No one else who would be even aware of the time loops or the resets. And basically always getting the rug pulled from under him every time maya did broke some rule neither she nor he is even aware of. At least for a fakeout i would have loved that.

But yeah, from the pacing and mood it would at least very hard to swallow this and going right to his shut down personality. Although it could have worked, if this was what caused it. But then of course it would diminish the impact maya herself had on it. Yeah, i guess there wouldnt have been a good way to story sel wanted to tell after the reset.

I would have still liked it tho.

Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Continuing with the box discussion from the other day, this is the last maya event from chapter 2.

After their date watching the fireworks, Maya tells Akira she has a present for him. She then corrects herself, saying it's not a present, but that by honoring the tradition it would help her deal with their changing relationship, so she needs his help carrying it. Akira asks if he can look at what's inside this time, and she says that if he can open it, he can take a look at it. But she says she doesn't have it with her, and that they'll have to go get it in the dorms... BUT as she says this, Maya's gone and the box is already there with him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Scene change, he's with the box talking to Ami

Another scene change, he's with the box talking to Sekai

Through the entire thing, he's talking to Maya and making his way to her bedroom to get the box.

No idea who that is. Scene change, he's with Ayane and Maya and the box.

Scene change he's taking the photo of the girls before everything and with the box.

Scene change, he's at the dorms and holding the box.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on this, and I'm also missing a few details. First, what is the ritual exactly? Maya keeps the box in her bedroom at the dorms and then as the reset is about to happen she takes the box where exactly?

Second, what is the purpose of this? It doesn't seem to have any effect on the reset, so maybe what's inside the box is kept intact through resets? Cause if that's the case, it would make sense for it to be something that is modified by her during the resets, otherwise you wouldn't have to save it, it would remain regardless as something that existed before the resets I think. But then it would contradict it being Akira's memories, since it would fit more being her notes on the resets or something.

And third, maybe the box is what's buried underneath his feet? Are his notebooks of poems inside? Yeah that's my limit for now I think...

dotdot

Dec 23, 2017
When i click on the option " See what Nao is up to " .
I get the error " your save file is corrupted ", I was able to get to this point without an issue.
is there a way to fix this? preferable without using other's save file
1714823130165.png

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
When i click on the option " See what Nao is up to " .
I get the error " your save file is corrupted ", I was able to get to this point without an issue.
is there a way to fix this? preferable without using other's save file
View attachment 3601761
Keep clicking and Nao would fix it

=====

ROFLMAO, Selebus finally made a successful attack against f95 community

Jul 23, 2021
Okay. So this arc with lost Maya is lost on me. I just don't see their relationship as developed to such an extent. Like story doesn't convey that "love" towards Maya-prime as much as Sensei keep blabbering about losing her. And yes, most of it was never shown due to memory issues, but it just doesn't click. And that makes this whole trauma make no sense for my limited brain.
On the other side through the whole story I can only see Sensei loving Sekai. Definitely with some unconventional crooked love, but still. And last Touka event adds to it.
Niki doesn't even count, she just pushed him into relationship and he's too much of a pussy to say no while never caring about her at all.

On the unrelated note, I'm pretty sure everybody's calling him Akira all the time and just roll their eyes when he bust his move "Call me Akira now".
Adding to the list of people that are gonna tell you 'Maya Prime has been through how many godforsaken reset amounts (in the thousands if not more?) experimenting with Akira on what she can or cannot do losing multiple variations of Akira at varying stages, her notebook existing to help the start of 'us as Akira' in Akira's room, being hostile as fuck while taking what wins she could get after all this time of looping and still bringing other people into the fuckery, hitting a literal blank ass wall and still being objective enough to look for answers other than going 'lemme get what the fuck i want right now' etc etc the genuine godess of lust and tsundere at this point holding back her entire being.

And suddenly it's all gone. Akira finally understood alot of what he had with Maya and why he was constantly after her, He experienced Niki's reconciliation and every other girl under the sun and at the end of it all Maya is the only one he can BE with on his own understanding. Niki is an option he has but he hates it because she's too good for him, Imani is too good for him and is a relationship he hasn't ruined with his penis, Noriko is too good for him and actively seems to agree but still wants to be a doll for him to use.

Maya is someone who literally won't let him get away with being such a piece of shit when she's in her right mind, whether she was actively groomed into being so or somehow convinced tutor Akira that she is just too smart and the perfect person for him or something similar to Sekai? who the fuck knows that's speculation though someone like Deskel may just debunk me with quotes. Maya Prime is like the Anchor point that Akira has reset upon reset without understanding why, and then he finally understood why and it got taken from him. Insert him trying to make Ami his new anchor point with what i think is a shittonne of misguided feelings but we'll see where it goes i guess.

TLDR i ranted about random shit, I'm drunk again, sue me.

Gone are the times you could write TLDR without an emoji popping up in-between it.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Whew - finished the 2nd beach event. Bruh.

- Seeing more of the layers peeled back on Maya is cool but I really can't help but feel like she did something fucked up to Sensei. And I feel so bad for Noriko/Niki in regards to that too.

- MOAR CHIKA YEE

- Ami still super sussy the more things go on

- Rin & Otoha yaaaaaaaaaaaaay - but wait that lowers my chances of having sex with them now boo? lul

- Yasu still annoying AF

- Can we trade Kirin in for Karin as a main girl please?

- Tsuneyo still goddamn hilarious but poor Molly

- Nodoka = ultimate cocktease or wait is that Uta? I DUNNO ANYMORE

Edit: Poor Oasko and Wakana :(

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021
I wonder how Molly would react to finding out she missed out on a threesome... for a girl who is convinced she's never gonna get lucky, she really digs her own grave.

Raid night is pretty religious but 'horny' is one of the best reasons to skip because she'll have a story to tell the group later. Likelihood is screaming into a pillow, sending pics to related parties and trying too hard to make it happen again.

Sel writing is 'stuttering, blushing confusion. 'w-w-with the mistress of mammories? are you sure you're not pranking me? etc etc until finally going all in and then having a scene with nodoka recounting her tale and haruka struggling to get her to work again.'

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Imani is too good for him and is a relationship he hasn't ruined with his penis,
I second your post. It is just that this did sort of bother me in the game. I mean, i doesnt want to fuck her out of fear to ruin the friendship that means a lot to him. And here comes the problem already. When has that ever happened in the game? He can fuck pretty much everyone and the outcome has never been anything bad for him, -yeah, with one exception, but that is a whole different can of worms- so i really dont get it why he is so worried about this for imani. Sure he doesnt has a high opinion about himself. But it is not as if Sara, Miku or Haru-kun did stop been his friends after getting the D.

So, this really comes out of no where. I sort of understand the overall feeling to not wanting to ruin a friendship with sex and been worried about that. It is just that, i just dont see any reason for him been worried about that and why for inamy in specific. I can understand why Sel want to not rush it with Inami. But from inside the story, it just doesnt makes sense to me.

And i just cant find any reason for his worries.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Qrash

Dec 24, 2020
I second your post. It is just that this did sort of bother me in the game. I mean, i doesnt want to fuck her out of fear to ruin the friendship that means a lot to him. And here comes the problem already. When has that ever happened in the game? He can fuck pretty much everyone and the outcome has never been anything bad for him, -yeah, with one exception, but that is a whole different can of worms- so i really dont get it why he is so worried about this for imani. Sure he doesnt has a high opinion about himself. But it is not as if Sara, Miku or Haru-kun did stop been his friends after getting the D.

So, this really comes out of no where. I sort of understand the overall feeling to not wanting to ruin a friendship with sex and been worried about that. It is just that, i just dont see any reason for him been worried about that and why for inamy in specific. I can understand why Sel want to not rush it with Inami. But from inside the story, it just doesnt makes sense to me.

And i just cant find any reason for his worries.
I feel like Akira at that point in the story was kind of holding off on doing people he hadn't done already because he was going through his "Hot Boy Summer" and making an attempt( a half-assed attempt but still an attempt) at being a better person.

Granted, maybe his latest depressive state is just going to make him stop caring about all that and screw her anyway soon.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I feel like Akira at that point in the story was kind of holding off on doing people he hadn't done already because he was going through his "Hot Boy Summer" and making an attempt( a half-assed attempt but still an attempt) at being a better person.

Granted, maybe his latest depressive state is just going to make him stop caring about all that and screw her anyway soon.
Maybe, but i still think there should be a good reason for this and the game just doesnt provides one.

Oct 1, 2023
So, just curious, am i really in the minority here who doesnt really see a problem with the whole Maya Prime storyline? :unsure:

Even if the simple fact that she was there from the start, not just as one of the 10 original girls of the class, but also the only person who did go with him through the resets -which would be quite the traumatic experience people would form a bond over- wouldnt mean anything for you.

Then how about the thought that he gets more and more of his memories and his pre-reset personality back. And because he loved maya before the resets, those feelings are of course bleeding over into his current post-reset akira-sensei personality. Is that a too hard stretch for you guys?

Or if you really want to stay hellbend on him not loving her, then how about guilt? It is really that hard to believe that someone would feel guilt when your penis inside them, would cause them literally to be erased from existance? Because that is what happened. They had sex, he didnt started to melt for whatever reason, and instead she made pop and is now gone. I would feel shitty when my penis did cause that for another person.

And what about the simple fact that he never was any good at handling the loss of people in his life has been part of the story for quite a while now. So, i really dont see where all this arguing comes that this isnt well developed or it all happens without any reason. When i see all the reasons clearly been lying out there in the open for a while by now.
The problem isn't that the MC is just "sad" that Maya is gone, the problem is the overexaggerated reaction. He literally went into a coma for 2 months and not only wants to kill himself but was ready to give up on everything and everyone just for Maya. Even if Maya was your reset partner and a previous lover, this breakdown is unjustified story-wise.
Selebus didn't sell the reaction hard enough. I knew there was a special connection with Maya, but the aftermath of her disappearance is too much, it's poor story writting.

It would have made more sense if AMI died and then Sensei reacted like this, since she is his niece (daughter?) and has been with him forever, taking care of him forever and loving him forever. Even if Ami was starting to get very annoying and psychopathic, her being gone would have justified this reaction, but Maya doesn't.

There's not a single character but Ami that I can think of that could have made Akira react like this unironically.

In the totem pole of characters that could make Sensei be extremely devastated, I can see Maya being a runner up, along with maybe Ayane and Niki, making sensei very sad, but nothing warranting a full on mental breakdown.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes