• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Isn't that Hope's whole thing too?
I don't even know anymore, it was all implied for HOPE to be like that too, but the only ones who controlled Akira to try to rape someone were Wire and Paredolia, and that doesn't make sense because they always say that HOPE was the most linked to rape, but until now, at least As far as I remember, he didn't control Akira for that.

Besides the fact that HOPE is really good with Akira, so much so that Akira failed Hope more than once and all Hope did was be disappointed and he threatened Akira and even then Hope didn't do anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't even know anymore, it was all implied for HOPE to be like that too, but the only ones who controlled Akira to try to rape someone were Wire and Paredolia, and that doesn't make sense because they always say that HOPE was the most linked to rape, but until now, at least As far as I remember, he didn't control Akira for that.

Besides the fact that HOPE is really good with Akira, so much so that Akira failed Hope more than once and all Hope did was be disappointed and he threatened Akira and even then Hope didn't do anything.
Yeah, I'm really on the dark about his brother so far. Cause if Hope really is his brother (or has some relation), then Sekai wanting to become his Angel, when her own name means that she was Akira's world, starts to become a little too metaphorical for me, and it starts to sound like nothing supernatural really exists and it's on Akira's head.

That being said, it's a really good point about Hope. Who were the sacrifices?

Please help, I'm probably forgetting a lot.

Aug 20, 2021
You're totally right, forgot about that. But, wait, Wires did get the sacrifice at that time, no? It was his season.
That one I’m not certain on offhand. I’m currently in the middle of my second playthrough and am on Chapter 2 again now right before the second Beach trip. So I haven’t made it that far again to give my mind a good refresher.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
You're totally right, forgot about that. But, wait, Wires did get the sacrifice at that time, no? It was his season.
That one I’m not certain on offhand. I’m currently in the middle of my second playthrough and am on Chapter 2 again now right before the second Beach trip. So I haven’t made it that far again to give my mind a good refresher.
Wire: controlled Akira to abuse Yumi in his city in the first event that we have no choice in the old city.

Paredolia: Controlled Akira to abuse Molly in chapter 2, and controlled Akira to abuse Karin in chapter 4.

Hope: controlled Akira to abuse Sara in chapter 3 when she was saying that she was also having these fainting spells and "hallucinations".

Sekai: Controlled Akira with Futabu and Makoto with his angels in chapter 3 so they could both have sex with each other.

If you want to know which god is controlling or speaking, just notice the characters' eyes or dialogue, the gods have already shown several times that they can appear in another god's season, like here in version 0.40, Wire together with USER4 tried to remove the Paredolia from inside Akira's body is the strength even though it's not their season.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Wire: controlled Akira to abuse Yumi in his city in the first event that we have no choice in the old city.

Paredolia: Controlled Akira to abuse Molly in chapter 2, and controlled Akira to abuse Karin in chapter 4.

Hope: controlled Akira to abuse Sara in chapter 3 when she was saying that she was also having these fainting spells and "hallucinations".

Sekai: Controlled Akira with Futabu and Makoto with his angels in chapter 3 so they could both have sex with each other.

If you want to know which god is controlling or speaking, just notice the characters' eyes or dialogue, the gods have already shown several times that they can appear in another god's season, like here in version 0.40, Wire together with USER4 tried to remove the Paredolia from inside Akira's body is the strength even though it's not their season.
I really have to do a full replay instead of just going back and looking at events. I noticed that the eyes changed, but never that there were eyes specific to specific gods. Sekai was also with Akira during the Sana thing though, and controlled Kaori.

Oh, I have a question regarding Sara though: She mentions she's afraid of the darkness most of all or something like that, but I don't recall HOPE being associated with that (?)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
It was good stuff but I got the feeling that Selebus had no idea about what he wanted to do with Ami. Her character was all over the place with the last 4-6 updates.
He foreshadows that she's this lunatic psychotic killer that tortured everyone including Sensei follows up a bit on it after with her gaslighting her friends and trying to scare Ayane into submission.

Then Ayane snaps out of it and gives Ami a good talk which makes you think she'd change for the better, and she starts to actually get better giving us a breather instead of constantly being on our back, only for it to immediately be gone and she absolutely shuts everyone out, even her closest friends.

Granted you could say it's due to the trauma, but still. Even Ayane? Come on. Best part has to be her going around saying she'd kill all of them and going on to doxx and threaten most of them with the Sensei's phone pics and text.

This camping event was a nice one but again, where the hell is this going? I don't want to be lead on again like when she was starting to get mature to immediately devolve.
Just some food for thought, since this comment gives me an excuse to evaluate things a little:
Overall: If I were to guess, Sel probably just wants us to experience Ami's development within this environment, and it's effects on her and those around her. Lessons in loving the broken niece:

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
It was good stuff but I got the feeling that Selebus had no idea about what he wanted to do with Ami. Her character was all over the place with the last 4-6 updates.
He foreshadows that she's this lunatic psychotic killer that tortured everyone including Sensei follows up a bit on it after with her gaslighting her friends and trying to scare Ayane into submission.

Then Ayane snaps out of it and gives Ami a good talk which makes you think she'd change for the better, and she starts to actually get better giving us a breather instead of constantly being on our back, only for it to immediately be gone and she absolutely shuts everyone out, even her closest friends.
I dont really see this that critical. I dont know if you ever had really toxic people with severe mental problems in your life. But stuff like this is actually pretty common. They promise to do better, they tell you they will improve. And even when they actually ment that genuine, after a while they still continue with the old toxic behavour they just have been called out for, as if they never had been called out. So in that way, when you look at realism Ami is actually pretty consistent. And it was even what i did expect to happen.

Okay i was sort of surprised it actually did needed his whole break down to become this bad, because i was expecting that this would happen with her without even thinking about anything like that. But on the other hand i wasnt surprised at all that she did reach out to Niki and none of her friends for help. Because i would assume from her perspective she burned all bridges with her old friends, so of course she needed someone else entirely.

And in that regard i am actually still a bit surprised about her conversation with Maya. Because in the end it was pretty obvious that she just acted tired to give the excuse to leave her right away. I mean from the whole conversation it is imo pretty clear that she is fully aware why Maya did come to visit and it was not because of her. And that of course she wanted to leave again after she got the information she wanted to get.

I think this could mean that she tries again to do better. To improve again. To rebuild the burned bridges. I mean i have read the posts that believe this might be a trap and maya made a big mistake with that promise and all that. But i am not convinced. I dont think it is part of a big plan. But more like the usual loop of people like her. She wants to do better and in the end will still fall into the same old tracks.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Just some food for thought, since this comment gives me an excuse to evaluate things a little:
Overall: If I were to guess, Sel probably just wants us to experience Ami's development within this environment, and it's effects on her and those around her. Lessons in loving the broken niece:
I feel like you're Ami's biggest supporter in this entire game, and after this update and your comment, I'm 100% sure that Ami will stay stuck in my top 2 for many updates.

I really have to do a full replay instead of just going back and looking at events. I noticed that the eyes changed, but never that there were eyes specific to specific gods. Sekai was also with Akira during the Sana thing though, and controlled Kaori.

Oh, I have a question regarding Sara though: She mentions she's afraid of the darkness most of all or something like that, but I don't recall HOPE being associated with that (?)
Akira's eyes were all white like Yasu's when she becomes possessed by Hope.

Besides the fact that Sara has her own black Angel on her shoulder and apparently has her own happy events and as we know the angels are related to Hope and Sekai.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I feel like you're Ami's biggest supporter in this entire game, and after this update and your comment, I'm 100% sure that Ami will stay stuck in my top 2 for many updates.

Akira's eyes were all white like Yasu's when she becomes possessed by Hope.

Besides the fact that Sara has her own black Angel on her shoulder and apparently has her own happy events and as we know the angels are related to Hope and Sekai.

I'm taking a lot of notes. I'll be looking for details in my replay like a hawk (whenever that happens)

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
wow, just wow. Congrats and thank you. just goes to show that we're also dragged so deeply into a certain way to view the story that we fail to consider things from other perspectives. I mean, with this recent update, i feel like Selebus is really stressing the point of how Ami is not the psycho killer other characters seem to view her as, in fact, Akira himself had been stressing the point for a few updates now.

But you really put things in perspective. I don't agree with everything 100%, cause I think the things regarding the sequence of events when Ayane meets Himawari are kind of foggy about who did what to whom still (maybe I have to replay, but at the moment I wouldn't consider how Ayane reacted to be out of line at all), but even if Ami did pull out a crazy play during all of that it makes a lot of sense as to why she did what she did.

And yeah, I love Maya, but she's neither competent nor trustworthy, and even though we know she will do anything for Akira and Ami, that anything does not mean being honest and much less that it will work in their favor despite her intentions.

All in all, with everything Ami had and has to go through is very surprising she has any sanity at all (like think about it), and I really wish she can have a semblance of being a kid again in her life.

Oct 1, 2023

Maybe Tsuneyo is onto something...

I'm starting to believe that New maya is the real maya and the previous one was an impostor.

Just like how "Prime" Maya refused Sensei at first believing he was a fake but then realized he was the real one, maybe the same is going to happen over time. I wouldn't let it past Selebus to do a "haha it was a plot twist to the plot twist all this time I'm such a genius !!1!"

Also, this makes me think that Ami 100% loves Sensei and she is so mentally ill (in a literal sense) that she takes every single one of sensei's words at face value, to the point that even a random phrase spoken a million updates ago like this one
1714728532575.png
would be imprinted into her mind forever and make her think that is what Akira wants for real.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Just like how "Prime" Maya refused Sensei at first believing he was a fake but then realized he was the real one,
What? But that is not how this... Did you forget about that part of her backstory and how long she is doing this already? The problem wasnt that he was "fake", but that he just was a body without the mind of his real self inside. And of course she tried to stay away from him when that would lead to him mealting in front of her eyes, while still doing everything she could in the background to still push him into the right direction.

I just want to point out that she was the one who wrote "his" notebook and placed it in his room. And probably other things too, i remember she did mention some stuff, but not if she actually did go into details about that.

Oct 1, 2023
What? But that is not how this... Did you forget about that part of her backstory and how long she is doing this already? The problem wasnt that he was "fake", but that he just was a body without the mind of his real self inside. And of course she tried to stay away from him when that would lead to him mealting in front of her eyes, while still doing everything she could in the background to still push him into the right direction.

I just want to point out that she was the one who wrote "his" notebook and placed it in his room. And probably other things too, i remember she did mention some stuff, but not if she actually did go into details about that.
My memory isn't that good with a lot of these things but I think I can recall Maya herself, literally saying that Sensei was a fake or something along those lines on chapter 1.

Even if what you're saying is true, why does Akira just assume the new maya is a fake and not the real one whose memory was also wiped? He can just love the "New" maya like usual and just try to help her regain her memories. Everything makes logical sense imo.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Just like how "Prime" Maya refused Sensei at first believing he was a fake but then realized he was the real one, maybe the same is going to happen over time. I wouldn't let it past Selebus to do a "haha it was a plot twist to the plot twist all this time I'm such a genius !!1!"
This is something that I'd like clarification from Selebus actually, what exactly makes our Akira different from the thousand others? His ability to remember his past without breaking?

Or maybe it's just that the reason the game is called Lessons in Love is that someone is forcing Akira to go through countless resets until he learns how to be whole again, and the gods themselves are parts of his psyche trying to accomplish this process. Please don't be this.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
My memory isn't that good with a lot of these things but I think I can recall Maya herself, literally saying that Sensei was a fake or something along those lines on chapter 1.
Maybe she did say something around those lines, i dont remember, but you have too look at it in context. She has seen countless of sensei's walking around and screwing the girls, but none of them ever actually turned into Akira, because none of them ever get those memories back.

Even if what you're saying is true, why does Akira just assume the new maya is a fake and not the real one whose memory was also wiped? He can just love the "New" maya like usual and just try to help her regain her memories. Everything makes logical sense imo.
Again, context is important. From our point of view she is the maya before the loops. From his point of view, she looks, sounds and smells like the only maya he has ever known, but she is totally different person with none of the memories he did share with "his" maya. So for him, she is not "his" maya, but a total stranger, or as you could also say, a fake.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes