Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Do you have the required programs? I think that's the problem if its happening in the three games.. You need to download the rpg maker kit or something like that, ill look into which one of the kits is it and edit this later.
It'S "RPG Maker RTP XP"

roupe

Jan 19, 2022
It'S "RPG Maker RTP XP"
Dunno, unless mine was already with a game that I previously downloaded I don't have the XP.
I only have the VX, and its working perfectly normal unless you try to put inside a folder and rename the folder to a special character like " "

roupe

Jan 19, 2022
That's the only instance that I found that the game didn't worked. But I guess it's something related to the code in the game itself since the game doesn't even open.

Arrikonait

Mar 12, 2019
Do you have the required programs? I think that's the problem if its happening in the three games.. You need to download the rpg maker kit or something like that, ill look into which one of the kits is it and edit this later.

So I searched a little and I think you need the RPG Maker XP, but I would recommend you to download these three since they are the most common in games.
Here's the link:

Btw it's run time package not free trial.
downloaded all three and still not working ...

Arrikonait

Mar 12, 2019
If then I apologize sir or ma'am, I can't identify the problem and help you.
update on my problem, so I lauched Steam, wanted to go play something, and I see an update patch notes where Steam will no longer support Windows 7, so I updated to Windows 10, what's this has to do with Opala and my problem you ask ? it's simple after I installed Win10 I started sorting my saved files like H-games and all that, out of curiosity I launched Opala to see if it works, and it does ... I have no idea how or why since I wasn't able to make it work on my Win7, just maybe some file or something was broken or corrupted, and after installing Win10 something were re-installed or fixed or whatever, so I downloaded Opala 2 and Origins and they work to :3

Reactions: plkdototot

roupe

Jan 19, 2022
Hmm.. interesting since I have a windows 7 too that I had to update to 10 a long time ago so I guess there was a file in the opala games that weren't compatible with windows 7 but still glad that you finally got the games to work :D

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
update on my problem, so I lauched Steam, wanted to go play something, and I see an update patch notes where Steam will no longer support Windows 7, so I updated to Windows 10, what's this has to do with Opala and my problem you ask ? it's simple after I installed Win10 I started sorting my saved files like H-games and all that, out of curiosity I launched Opala to see if it works, and it does ... I have no idea how or why since I wasn't able to make it work on my Win7, just maybe some file or something was broken or corrupted, and after installing Win10 something were re-installed or fixed or whatever, so I downloaded Opala 2 and Origins and they work to :3
My suspicion would be it was a problem with your .Net-framework.
Windows 10 has the latest Version and keeps it updated... in windows 7 you had to install that manually and than keep it Up to date via manually useing the routine.

Hmm.. interesting since I have a windows 7 too that I had to update to 10 a long time ago so I guess there was a file in the opala games that weren't compatible with windows 7 but still glad that you finally got the games to work :D
Highly unlikely as the game was developed around the time Win 7 was fresh on the market at best

salukami

Jul 11, 2023
so does anyone have a walkthru for this ive been looking for a long time but only found the faq and im stuck

Karmas88

May 13, 2018
Okay, am I the only one, that try to play the game again, and then the game starts up, then closses down again short after?
I have downloaded the game again, from swegabe, but yet again, same problem.

Reactions: Rondo and AnonF21

Rondo

Jul 27, 2017
Okay, am I the only one, that try to play the game again, and then the game starts up, then closses down again short after?
I have downloaded the game again, from swegabe, but yet again, same problem.
Nope. Immediately closed on opening the game. So, not the only one. Very irritating since it doesn't even give me an error or something to work forward from.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes