3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
The biggest kicker is that in Spine, one skeleton is drawn on top of another, so finding a way for characrers to interact with parts of their body behind each other will be something i need to figure out.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Importing the data into Spine keeps all of the rigging and animations already created. I can type up instructions on how to do that. You could pretty easily export a bunch of animation gifs from Spine like I did and throw them into RenPy for a simplified version of the game without all the unity hassle.
The way the assets are created, you have a rig for Krystal with all outfits, a rig for males where the outfits change character, and a rig for females where the outfits changes characters. A sex scene for example, you could repurpose the same animation for different characters. There are a lot of animations already there for a good start including some not actually used in the game.
I haven't done it before, but I could try making a bunch of gifs and throwing them into RenPy as a proof of concept.
Who actually owns the assets though?
can you explain to me how to open the animations and where to find them? I tried exporting but it didn't work.

tekunikaru

Lurker
Donor
Aug 26, 2019
Importing the data into Spine keeps all of the rigging and animations already created.
That would be a great time saver. One of the main reason that animation would take long is that, although I have traditional animation as a hobby, I'm not accustomed to Spine and it's features. We saw the assets and were planing to do all animations programmatically, which is why would be so time consuming.

Who actually owns the assets though?
As long this project is abandoned we do not care :)
If magically somehow the newer version becomes at least 110% of what v0.8 is, we would consider halting development.

As for using Unity, RenPy, Source, Java3D, Unreal, Godot, CryEngine, HTML5, GameMaker, C++ with OpenGL, fucking x86 ASSEMBLY, that's not really a problem. As I said before, coding would be trivial (we like them pointers pointing to pointers pointing to an array of pointers pointing to pointers).
We're still going to use Unity because a member of the group wanted to learn Unity and that's what the game was using originally.

I could try and hype up the team again. Been a while since we worked togheter.

Last edited:

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
can you explain to me how to open the animations and where to find them? I tried exporting but it didn't work.
I would provide a data dump but I am currently out of town. I can try to dump the Spine files for everyone when I come back. In the mean time, here are the instructions (as I recall) to get the data imported.

You need 3 files from the mega upload for each character (Krystal, commander, lust demon, femaleSC, maleSC): the png "mosaic" which has multiple assets in one picture for each character (multiple png files), the .atlas.txt file which unpackages the png images, and the character.txt file which is a larger filesize and is a json format.

First: you need to resize the png images to X=4096. Gimp->Image->Scale Image->link X and Y and set X=4096, overwrite to png, and do for all images.
Second: place the altas.txt next to the png files. Go to Spine->File->Texture Unpacker-> select the atlas.txt and the output directory and hit the checkbox for Premultiply Alpha. This checkbox is important as it makes the resulting images look way better. Once you do the unpacking, you should have the output folder populated with all the assets as different files. If there was an error, check the log. It could be a file name or image size issue.
Third: change the extension of the character.txt file to be character.json and place this json in the same location as the individual file assets. This json has all the data in it: outfits, animations, rigging, etc. Go to Spine->File->Import and select the json. It should load everything. If no pictures appear, navigate to the costumes on the side bar and pick one and it should load the images. I recommend saving the project as a spine file at this point.
From this project, you can see the costumes and animations. You can load another spine file as a skeleton and put them side by side.

I will try to check in on my phone while I am out of town. Hit me with questions and I can try to answer from my memory when I can. Next week I will be back and can help more.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Third: change the extension of the character.txt file to be character.json and place this json in the same location as the individual file assets. This json has all the data in it: outfits, animations, rigging, etc. Go to Spine->File->Import and select the json.
i rewrite it and files in .json and its disappear .

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
for some reason i could only export png with krystal but can't with another (like male scalie). Maybe i should export everything ? i get confused should i rewrite atlas file too?

Last edited:

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
The atlas.txt files have references to all the png filenames and their resolutions inside. Double check that you have all the files with the same name and resolution in the same folder as atlas.txt. The log file can help debug if you are still having issues.
I am not sure what you mean by it disappearing. And I don't know what exporting problem you are having.

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
Maybe this will help. I don't remember all the file names exactly. This is an example of the file structure I used:
-Krystal
--mosaic
---krystal.atlas.txt
---krystal.png
---krystal2.png
--assets
---krystal.json //from mega server with .txt changed to .json
---Head.png //unpackaged by spine
---body.png etc //unpackaged by spine

Those krystal.png docs have to have the same name and resolution called out by the atlas.txt in order to unpackaged. All of those files are found in the mega upload server.
Krystal.json is the krystal.txt doc from the mega upload with the extension changed.

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
nova_potato

also for some file X Y not helped only if change size. but then its badly see texture.
If you are using gimp, you should be able to go to Image->Scale Image, and there is a chain button that links the X and Y ratio. When you change X=4096, both X and Y should update and the image should look the same just bigger. Some of the png use different heights but all X start at like 2098 or something and need to be 4096. Are you able to right click on the png and go to properties and double check the resolution is accurate?
Also, make sure in gimp you are setting it to 4096 pixels, and not 4096 pixels/inch or something

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
If you are using gimp, you should be able to go to Image->Scale Image, and there is a chain button that links the X and Y ratio. When you change X=4096, both X and Y should update and the image should look the same just bigger. Some of the png use different heights but all X start at like 2098 or something and need to be 4096. Are you able to right click on the png and go to properties and double check the resolution is accurate?
Also, make sure in gimp you are setting it to 4096 pixels, and not 4096 pixels/inch or something
he add 4096,000 . he don't change size when i export image its same 2098. but he write that X Y is 4096.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I don't want to get my hopes up, I've been burned before.
Good luck all! Maybe you guys can get the 'Abandoned' tag off this!
Or would it be a different thread? :unsure:

nova_potato

Feb 17, 2020
he add 4096,000 . he don't change size when i export image its same 2098. but he write that X Y is 4096.
Okay, I will write out this step in detail to help.
Open the png with gimp, go to Image toolbar and go to Scale Image. This will open up a prompt where you will see Width and Height and X Resolution and Y Resolution. Don't worry about the resolution stuff. The Width and Height is what we want to change. Hit the chain button so when you change Width, the height will change automatically. Set the Width from 2098 to 4096. When you apply this change, it should scale up the image. if the link isn't active, then the height won't update. If you are unsure what I am referring to, just enter the height to the Y value used in the atlas.txt.
Then go to File and press the button that says "Overwrite filename.png". You need to press this and it will update the PNG to the new scale. If option isn't there, then you want to export to png and change the name to match the original and delete the original.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Okay, I will write out this step in detail to help.
Open the png with gimp, go to Image toolbar and go to Scale Image. This will open up a prompt where you will see Width and Height and X Resolution and Y Resolution. Don't worry about the resolution stuff. The Width and Height is what we want to change. Hit the chain button so when you change Width, the height will change automatically. Set the Width from 2098 to 4096. When you apply this change, it should scale up the image. if the link isn't active, then the height won't update. If you are unsure what I am referring to, just enter the height to the Y value used in the atlas.txt.
Then go to File and press the button that says "Overwrite filename.png". You need to press this and it will update the PNG to the new scale. If option isn't there, then you want to export to png and change the name to match the original and delete the original.
i just added 4096 everywhere, with male lizard its work. but commander and demon not.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes