Others Legend of Krystal: Rebirth Continued [Development Thread]

ianonymous

Aug 31, 2019
Damn, I really want to help you somehow, since I am a dev myself, but I have almost no time because of work.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
No, what I meant it's actually made by the original team, it was in the first release of the original game, I think they were supposed to be some kind of demon tribe or something similar. View attachment 3299270
View attachment 3299271
View attachment 3299272
I was thinking how to combine your idea and mine.
What if.
The Crimson Plumage tribe (the tribe of red lizard women) has a special potion that temporarily creates a gene mutation - turning them into Futanari. But if you overdo it, it can lead to undesirable consequences.
During the ritual, one part drinks the potion, and the second part prepares to receive her friends. The character can join the ritual and there will be a choice whether to take the potion or not. After a couple of such rituals, the character will want to know how this potion is made. She will follow the priestess to the cave where the light is visible. Once inside, we will find a group of novices sitting in a circle. In the center sits a lizard girl whose whole body is covered in red scales and glowing green eyes. She is a futanari with two cocks.
The priestess comes up to her and the red lizard makes an incision on her arm. Filling the cup with his blood. The priestess adds more ingredients to the bowl. After that, she calls two novices to her and gives one to drink from the cup. After drinking from the cup, she falls to her knees and clutches at her throat. The scales turn red and her penis grows back. The second novice lies down on the floor and prepares to receive her reborn friend. (there will be a choice, watch to the end or leave)
- Let's go - nothing will happen next.
- If we stay, we see a small scene. After that, the character will be noticed and brought to the red lizard. Where is she, will offer to join them or they will force the character to join.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
A little bit about quests.

We already have a tannery, boiler cleaning and firewood collection. You can add:
Having completed the task of washing the boiler, we completed it completely. A friend will come up to us the next morning. She will offer to help her in the tavern, because she does not have enough hands, and her assistants are sick. We agree.
The first mission. A mini-game. We need to serve drinks and return empty mugs. There will be a counter with mugs on it. There are tables on the sides where visitors sit down. In total, you can take 4 mugs, we arrange them on the tables. After the drink is drunk, the mug remains. The task is to get a given number of visitors drunk [possible action - when moving, the visitor can slap the character on the ass or squeeze the buttock. If you give in to lust, the interaction will change over time.] After work, they thank us and ask us to report back. After completing several such missions, assistants will appear in the tavern. You can continue to help in the tavern or move on to the next stage. [By continuing to work in the hall and provoking the visitors beforehand, you can watch the animation of the visitors and the assistant at the table while working]
The second task. We are asked to help pour drinks. (A mini-game. We will have a mug and a choice of 3 drinks in front of us: beer, berry wine, fruit wine. (The secret ingredient will be revealed when the berry picking mission opens) They order drinks for us, we have to pour the right drink and distribute it to the visitors, otherwise the character will drink it). [Animation. If the character gets drunk, she will fall asleep and the mission will fail, but visitors can have fun with her. If you add a special ingredient before serving, you will be able to see an unusual animation].

tekunikaru

Lurker
Donor
Aug 26, 2019
I'll condense those quests into a page in the repository. Although it would be a good idea to have a Discord server, I don't have enough time (or patience) to manage it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
I'll condense those quests into a page in the repository. Although it would be a good idea to have a Discord server, I don't have enough time (or patience) to manage it.

Then, is it possible to add missions and a plot, and add animations later?

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
Honestly I'm happy the way they did it originally with just new quests and scenes added gradually, it's just that it took 8 centuries for one scene and little else was the issue.
Abelius has learned nothing since he's doing the exact same thing with Pizza Hot now.

Reactions: Latetoparty

tekunikaru

Lurker
Donor
Aug 26, 2019
Something I noticed while building the forest is that the background images have the same size regardless of their expected position in the parallax, hiding a few bits of the image from the player. This doesn't significantly impact gameplay due to minimal parallax movement. But this prompted me to think how they communicated requests to each other and where exactly it started to break apart. It's possible that unresolved conflicts and challenges hindered progress and led to extended development times.

For lokrc, the reason for long development time is that this is something we do on our free time while juggling other commitments to pay the bills. Additionally, there's lack of interest from most of the team in further developing the game (I won't stop, tho).

For lokre, their reasons may not be too dissimilar from our own situation. Playing devil's advocate here, even though they were financially supported for their work, perhaps it wasn't sufficient due to various constraints, such as family obligations, work commitments, financial pressures, skill gaps, community expectations, and internal team conflicts. It's possible that better management could have alleviated some of these issues, keeping the team alive and speeding up updates.

It's easy to make assumptions from an outsider's perspective, but the reality of the situation may be more complex. If we received the same support, I'm confident that one friend and I could develop a project like LOKRE (the original) within a year or two, but this is because we know exactly what we need to do and our current living condition allows us to do it.

Regardless, it could have been better.

Also, after the conflict, the tribe devs were Initially all over the place, I don't know if they recognized this (which is extremelly imporatant), but now, they are releasing updates more often. The main concern I have is that there's too much "promised" content, which might generate unrealistic expectations.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
A little thought about collecting resources.
The resource is royal honey.
In the tavern, chatting with visitors, you can hear from one of them about a special drink that he once tasted. The tavern owner wanted to try to repeat that drink. The hostess sends the character in search of honey.
We communicate with the huntress. She will accompany us, as she herself wants to find out what kind of special drink it is.
There are hives of bees in the forest. We collect honey. Then we bring them to the tribe. The tavern owner makes a new drink and serves it the same evening. The lizard-the man who told us the story - says that the drink is similar, but not the one he drank. He talks about the cave where he was hiding when he was injured. And there he drank this wonderful drink.
There is nothing to do, we go to the cave, a huntress girl joins us. On the way, we are attacked by animals. We manage to fight back, but we are wounded.
In an unknown way, we wake up in a cave. A humanoid bee girl is sitting on the character's face. She rubs her pussy against the character's face and squeezes her breasts. [the choice is to throw her off or continue the scene (if the scene continues, another bee girl will join us)] After that, she leaves the character alone. The wounds have miraculously healed, and we are also calm and cheerful. We are not being held in custody and we can move freely. Not far from our place of awakening, we find a passage and our assistant, who is having fun with the bee girls. [The choice is to join or leave. In many rooms we will also meet bee girls, both just doing their jobs and having sex scenes].
After wandering around the cave, we go out into the central hall. The guards stop us. We ask for negotiations with their leader. But the Queen invites the character to herself.
Negotiations are coming. An agreement is being made. The tribe begins to supply wine and berries (the bee girls consider it a nutritious delicacy). In return, the Hive is supplied with honey. But if the Tribe wants to get a special honey, then the Tribe will have to provide several men and women for a while.
After that, you can look at how the Hive has changed. You can also see exactly how royal honey is produced and what the men of the tribe were required for.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
It's easy to make assumptions from an outsider's perspective, but the reality of the situation may be more complex. If we received the same support, I'm confident that one friend and I could develop a project like LOKRE (the original) within a year or two, but this is because we know exactly what we need to do and our current living condition allows us to do it.
It's really damn hard to believe these games take 5+ years and it's always always the ones that get a ton of support, it just seems to be a tried and true method with Patreon funded games that they just never get completed.

Like I get that money is good and everything but projects that get 3k+ per month and the devs are just like "I made one whole asset and fixed two bugs(which made 5 more bugs) are insane. You're not supposed to make one game forever you're meant to finish your game and then make a new one or quit. Simple reason why I just don't put much stock in to any game from a dev that has yet to release a finished product, way too many people just go all Yandere Dev and scam their fans.

Honestly I'll happily send money on Ko-Fi to someone who actually finishes a Krystal game. Donating monthly is just too mixed a bag, and the bag is mostly filled with shit.

Guess most people just have no idea where to go from the simple story of Krystal crashing on a planet and getting fucked by tribals and just milk it but you know, just make a different parody if you don't have original ideas for a sequel.

GH057ts

Jun 21, 2020
tekunikaru
How is the project going? We're all worried.

A small addition to the game.
What if we added multiple tribes to the game?

The game begins in a tribe of the lizard race.

Snake race tribe [similar to the female lizards from the game Divinity original sin 2] (the idea with an all-female tribe was slightly reworked) - they lost all the men in a tribal conflict and so that their tribe would not die, they created a special potion. After drinking this potion, females of the tribe can become pregnant. It doesn't matter what race the father belongs to. After the appearance of a fugitive (who is called a demon) in the tribe, the cult of the Red Lizard appears in the tribe. Where we have to destroy this cult. So that the Snake tribe does not disappear.

Wolf Tribe (Gray Mane Clan) - which will attack other tribes to capture prisoners and food.

The Wildling tribe are wolves driven out of the tribe. They succumbed to their bestial nature. (frequent opponents on hunts and constantly attack the Snake clan to quench their animal thirst)

The Tiger Tribe (Blood Roar Clan) is the most powerful tribe in the jungle, to which other tribes pay tribute.

tekunikaru

Lurker
Donor
Aug 26, 2019
tekunikaru
How is the project going?
Spine funding is at $121 out of the $369.

It's only me developing now (I kinda predicted that). I'm currently working on building the forest and tribe grounds. Here's a dirty projection:
  • Finish the general forest map by May 17th (Merge 24.20);
  • Add the tents and the furnishing inside them;
  • Add NPCs and work on the events and quests, while also refining the NPC, quest, and interactions framework;
I might also add some other stuff along the way (prolly documentation).

Regarding the lore ideas, I didn't have time to fully process and add them to the . The task list itself is not complete.

I'll keep working on lokrc nonetheless.

Aug 25, 2019
Spine funding is at $121 out of the $369.

It's only me developing now (I kinda predicted that). I'm currently working on building the forest and tribe grounds. Here's a dirty projection:
  • Finish the general forest map by May 17th (Merge 24.20);
  • Add the tents and the furnishing inside them;
  • Add NPCs and work on the events and quests, while also refining the NPC, quest, and interactions framework;
I might also add some other stuff along the way (prolly documentation).

Regarding the lore ideas, I didn't have time to fully process and add them to the . The task list itself is not complete.

I'll keep working on lokrc nonetheless.
Hope u get better man