Ren'Py Abandoned Left the Mafia to Run a Cafe [v0.1] [Thomoto]

Jun 28, 2021
Hello! I like the idea and the cute girls! I'm having some issues with the dates (everytime) and the "builders" (only in some moments). And the relationship panel are broken, not showing more when i loaded the save. Park is useless now? I'm getting "image 'claire_idle' not found" all time.

The script errors are:
ScriptError: could not find label 'cainightdate'.
ScriptError: could not find label 'caiafternoondate'.

Im not saying this with contempt, I just want to help you to improve the game and find all the possible errors.
Yeah I tooked a looked into and I forgot to remove it in the beta version, im actually planning to add more cafe room upgrades sorry about that mate I fix it in the next update EDIT: I posted the wrong files of the beta test and that was supposed to be fixed (it was 1 am and i was beta testing myself okay

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021
Didn't even get far in.

Lets you choose a name, default Chad.

Introduces himself as Nicholas to the first girl.

First option: Talk to Cai (You speak to Chiho)

Sorry, little things like this put me off sometimes.

Try to ask a girl for a date and you get rollback error.
Apparently I changed the girl's name right at the beta test, and it was too much work for me to change all the files to Cai to Chiho

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
By the way Dev, this is a harem game right? It looks like it but there is not mention of it in the tags. If you are aiming for harem players you should put it on the planned tags. No ntr and harem is a great combo for us. Jajaja

Jun 28, 2021
lots of bugs in this game! better call pest control and here the file.(n):eek::cry:
Uploaded the wrong version of the beta test game :FacePalm: my bad

By the way Dev, this is a harem game right? It looks like it but there is not mention of it in the tags. If you are aiming for harem players you should put it on the planned tags. No ntr and harem is a great combo for us. Jajaja
Well I can't change the tags here and gamecax has the same copy and paste tags too :FacePalm: And yes it is a harem game

Jan 15, 2018
now that ive actually played it...
you def need a proofreader
plot seems pretty forced
ive been spamming Amelia
and for her relationship +2(?) scene
aside from stalking some rando
you monitory some guy that was apparently rude Chiho/Cai
-ignoring how incredibly forced this is
came out of left field
who is this guy?
was i supposed to go through Chiho/Cai content?
i mean why not just lock me out of Amelia until i progress and get the scene, if so
-dont get me wrong i absolutely hate it when VNs do this, but its better than a less coherent incoherent mess
and on hints.... annnnnd its broken (screenshot 1)
going off memory i believe the hint for Amelia lvl 3 event was go to the Cafe in the morning?
i recall nothing happening several times

and for the people looking for Lia
make sure you are in your office at night
do something with any of the girls, work with Amelia or hang out with Chiho/Cai
yknow something to get you to midnight
[EDIT] for clarity if you arent in your office at midnight you are 'ported back home
and then jus call someone to your office get the time to pass
you are now in the cafe at "Sleep" where there is only one place you can chill in
the LIA ZONE (i coined it myself)
and in the LIA ZONE you get to meet the mythical beast Lia herself
build relationship points? nah
she jus a cheeky li'l slut bruh
drag her to your office and try to "hang out" with her
she's jus gonna give you a handjob against your will demanding you nut on her
yare yare DA-ZE i was jus here for the fucking hand holding dafaq is this
i respekt wahmen pls

-the scene itself is meh, lot of camera jittering up n down very little actual movement
[another EDIT] im not saying you cant build relationship points with Lia
just that there's no point, if you help her out and build enough points you get the option to date her
but doing so.... BREAKS THE GAME b/c you cant access her in the afternoon (if im understanding this error correctly)

and the scene itself is given to you without you needing to go through the hassle of spamming her once per day at Sleep Hour

ooh my 2nd save file has a semi functioning Relationship interface (last screenshot)
soooo
something i found out
loading the game
*SPOILER* breaks the game as well
resets Amelia's lvl to 1 and every load after increases that lvl by 1 (i stopped testing at lvl 7)
closing and reopening the game just resets the process
screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018
can we uh talk about this (look closely if you havent noticed)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
anyways after redoing Amelia and getting relationship 4
the hint tells you to find her outside seating
going there in the morning schedules a date for the evening
theres no evening?
what do?

sirhelium

Sep 8, 2020
Nice characters, i've seen in other replies that dev uploaded the wrong files lol, it happens xD

got my share of date bug
LOTS OF some proofreading needed
History setup seems nice, but, plot and dialog seems forced in some bits

Overall, i see potential, will watch close in this one.

Jun 28, 2021
Nice characters, i've seen in other replies that dev uploaded the wrong files lol, it happens xD

got my share of date bug
LOTS OF some proofreading needed
History setup seems nice, but, plot and dialog seems forced in some bits

Overall, i see potential, will watch close in this one.
I know mate, I actually had more scenes with the girls but I had to cut them cause they were lower quality so it's just a beta to show the scenes and what the fuck you do in that game and also pretty sure the download in this website is outdated (I don't control this)

EDIT: And there were 2 side girls too but I decided to cut them cause again lower quality scenes, and bad sound editing, and bad writing

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
'You still have a small (more like reasonable, or outright comforting) amount of money from the earnings,
you found a struggling cafe business
and you decide to buy it'

In the wise words of Donald Trump
"a small loan of a million dollars"

Question: don't you get hunted down for leaving the family?
Some Vin Diesel memes? XD

Oh boi.. Wouldn't it be cool If the dev was part of the 'Diesel Meyer' (however tf you pronounce it), with all of their f-ed up stuff, left them and made this? Now that would be a cool back story :D

normalguy420

Oct 9, 2019
hey just so people know theres a new update 2.0 on itch io that this page doesn't have (its been out for 41 days it seems) and also theres a 2.1 on the patreon page though for patrons only sadly (apparently that ones been out for 34 days)

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
hey just so people know theres a new update 2.0 on itch io that this page doesn't have (its been out for 41 days it seems) and also theres a 2.1 on the patreon page though for patrons only sadly (apparently that ones been out for 34 days)
Bumping the thread so it can be updated. I've yet to try the game myself, it looks nice and all but I'm seeing so many bug reports. I'll be waiting for the next versions.

Reactions: normalguy420