VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Lawyer By Trade Enhanced edition [v0.04] [AdultJunkie]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Wandering Pyro

I'm afraid my first review on this site is going to be a bit critical...

Many are saying the grammar in this game is poor but still understandable... unfortunately in my eyes it is poor to the point of it appearing to be a poor google translation into English, so much so to the point that the game is screaming to have the English script fully rewritten to be read with ease by a native English speaker.

The game sadly could also use some love when it comes to the animation from the rigging of the models to choices in model skinning so when a woman goes in for a passionate kiss the MC doesn't look like he's in shock having a snake shoved down his throat.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.02...

This is basically an altered version of the original Lawyer By Trade, which I reviewed back in December 2017, and is currently showing as ONHOLD... You can do a forum search to find it...

The visuals of the characters have all definitely improved from the original, but are still a bit over the top in some ways... Such as the boss's daughter has hips and a butt that are far too big for her smaller overall body frame... Makes her look weird, especially in the skirt... The receptionist looks way better then before, but is still wearing something that looks like an S&M Star Trek uniform (that she wore 2 games days in a row)... It's a bit unrealistic for a professional lawyers office... The boss model has also definitely improved, and looks good... The backdrops for the office haven't changed and are highly overused in lots of other VN/Games... The other back drops looked far better then before... There is flip picture animations as well...

The script has definitely improved from the original, but still has a bit of broken English here and there, along with spelling/grammar errors and the occasional wrong word used (i.e. such as 'know' instead of 'now')... The plot really hasn't changed much, it's still a male protagonist ex-football player turned lawyer, who is starting a new job at a law firm... He still owes money to the Russian mafia, which just screams melodrama... The choices tend to present themselves as either being dominant or more submissive for the protagonist, which playout in how the story progresses...

The story still sound a bit over the top in how it's told... The personalities of all the characters are also a bit cliché and over the top as well... And there are some moments when the story feels like it's playing out a bit too fast...

Overall, there are definitely a lot of visual improvements in this enhanced version of the original VN/Game... But it still suffers from some of the same things the original suffered from... The story feels a bit outlandish in some cases and moves a little faster then it should... It's definitely a big improvement though, over it's original incarnation... So good job to the author/s on that front... Will I revisit this? If the script gets some more proofreading, and maybe if the character visuals begin looking a bit more realistic, then sure... Only time will tell...