2.40 star(s) 53 Votes

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
The email you received is a standard blackmail email. The chances are you've used that password in other places, and one of those places had been hacked and the database leaked. The fact that you received the email after logging into the site is coincidence.

Scammers crack passwords in leaked database dumps and email the users claiming to have blackmail material on them, it is very unlikely it originated from the developer's site. If it they engaged in such actions, we would have heard about it long before your case.

Regardless, this is a reminder to everyone to practice good password security, use strong random passwords, and disposable email addresses wherever possible.

Arvind

Jul 6, 2017
Vortex Cannon does have a patreon, account. His/Her account is just not listed on the first page.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Enough with the unsubstantiated accusations, please refer to my above post. Unless there is any actual evidence, this is the end of the matter. Previous discussion will not be removed for the sake of transparency.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
I am trying to tell you, to reduce size of the game, is to have a guide. A guide is NOT a walk through. A guide is two things. One, is a list of events happening on around x day. Second, is between events, what can be looked for, done, etc. for experience, money, and other things. Anything new can be added in, without a whole lot of change to the game. Just a simple text edit. Two separate guides, one free, one paid. Copy the free to the paid, and add in the paid parts, on the initial guide. Think outline. And outline guide will help everyone, including you, Vortexcannon.

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
I am trying to tell you, to reduce size of the game, is to have a guide. A guide is NOT a walk through. A guide is two things. One, is a list of events happening on around x day. Second, is between events, what can be looked for, done, etc. for experience, money, and other things. Anything new can be added in, without a whole lot of change to the game. Just a simple text edit. Two separate guides, one free, one paid. Copy the free to the paid, and add in the paid parts, on the initial guide. Think outline. And outline guide will help everyone, including you, Vortexcannon.
It is impossible to do. The reason is that the public is no longer limited equally to everyone. Even without Patreon/Club subscription some players get early access to new scenes, which are now in development. I use releases in waves, as Google does in their market, or Microsoft with windows.

As for the guide. Quests List describes all quests. And Achievements List will describe all the actions that you can do besides quests. For example, collectibles, leveling hero, pve/pvp missions and so on. It is available to everyone without restriction. Achievements are now in early development, I'll fill it with every build.

Last Man 2.61
In this build, Masha finally got the end of her storyline. If you have completed all previous quests with her, then after the update you will see the quest icon on the map and you can visit her at the end of the game day.

The Quests List is now completely full and includes a description of all the tasks in the game and the steps to solve them. Note that some quests are still in development, and do not have the end. Also, additional changes were made to untie some storylines from each other and some bugs were fixed in the quest tips.

Updated a counting mechanism of found secrets in the game. Now it correctly takes into account all the events of the game, and shows you how many of them you have found.

From minor changes: some more sex-scenes now have the skip option; when hero spending the night at Ilona, she will prepare foor for him in the morning; game optimization.

This is the last week when you can get permanent December bonuses. You can read about it in .
Changelog and links to download in first post

Kylar91

May 1, 2017
Last Man 2.61

Changelog and links to download in first post
As someone who has been interested in this game but held off by all the premium content, I just had a question about if there were any plans for one time payments to unlock all content for people who done want to pay what basically amounts to a monthly subscription.

The game looks awesome and everything I just dont want to pay so and so amount every month just to continue to enjoy all content

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
As someone who has been interested in this game but held off by all the premium content, I just had a question about if there were any plans for one time payments to unlock all content for people who done want to pay what basically amounts to a monthly subscription.

The game looks awesome and everything I just dont want to pay so and so amount every month just to continue to enjoy all content
You can just play the public version. I constantly add new content to it as soon as it is ready. Make donations only if you want.
slowly but sooner F95 lose his main goal about free games here
game dev's advertisepaying games here and no one stop them.
This game is free.
I tried to play this game but it asks for sign in? what the hell?
Because this game works online. This is indicated in the first post.

Jef

Jan 21, 2017
slowly but sooner F95 lose his main goal about free games here
game dev's advertisepaying games here and no one stop them.
One can hardly complain about developers trying to earn a buck. And even less if he or she tries to advertise it (the goal of this site isn't, in the end, to derive developers from earning money, but to offer everyone a chance to download those for free).

Hmm. I remember playing this game. I think I will give a premium account a chance.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Fixed OP, Added New Cover, Added New Banner, Updated Tags, Added Torrent

Reactions: Muramasa0

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Online only, have to register to play via a foreign website (well, at least to me).

I'll pass on this.

Crim

Aug 20, 2017
Most of what he said was factually accurate.
He does have to log in, which turns some people off.
The save system is janky at best and completely against the user at worst.
The UI does leave a lot to be desired, especially the map.

Granted he was rude, and some of what he said was inaccurate but it wasn't that stupid.

I think you're just overly defensive because you're the developer. You're going to have to get used to the idea that people don't particularly like being forced online for a game that gameplay wise has no reason to be online, and a game that completely prevents you from cheating despite the fact that it's single player.
While the game is free, a more accurate description is "freemium." The reason you've forced online and made the save system like you have is specifically to milk as much money as possible for someone attempting to streamline their gameplay. It shouldn't come as a surprise to you that some people don't enjoy that.

May 14, 2018
Not easy to play the game, when the webpage you've made won't recognise the user I've made.
Tried making a new password, but no matter what I do, it won't let me login.

Waste of time!

Reactions: ZecoRho

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
A guide, which is not a walk through, is an outline. I will give you an example, below.

Day 1, you should do this, or this.
Go to work
Go to the store, buy this.
Go home, and this will happen.
(premium content here)
(empty space to anything new)

Day 2, do the same on Day 1.
This will happen when at work...

A list of things to look forward to. The free one will not have the premium content in it. Two outlines, with places for new content. Keeps the download small. The free one can be posted here, and updated, easily, and quickly. The paid can be on your site, and updated just like the free one.

vortexcannon

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
@Crim
I work on the game alone, I do not have designers, artists, and so on. I am also not a professional. So of course this is not an AAA game. But the game has more than 250k players. So it is quite popular. And I spend a lot of energy on it. When a person comes with 0 messages, without playing a game, and says that game is bad, it is not criticism. To write that game A is better than game B, this is not a criticism too. This concerns not only my topic. Such people go to other threads too. Such people go to someone else's instagram and write to girls that they are ugly or fat. Of course I do not accept this.

its been 2 weeks since the last update, only one updated scene - starting to get bored with this game, and cannot go back to previous days or you mess up your progress. currently stuck at 97.67%
I always add one scene per week to have time to work on more features. Because I'm not working just on scenes. Most of the time this week I spent working on the Quests List and with the quests themselves. And with the features that appear next. Also, I have 3 more games besides Last Man.
Not easy to play the game, when the webpage you've made won't recognise the user I've made.
Tried making a new password, but no matter what I do, it won't let me login.
If you have not received confirmation for your account, you need to contact me by email, as indicated on the site. I can not help you on the forum.
A guide, which is not a walk through, is an outline. I will give you an example, below.

Day 1, you should do this, or this.
Go to work
Go to the store, buy this.
Go home, and this will happen.
(premium content here)
(empty space to anything new)

Day 2, do the same on Day 1.
This will happen when at work...
This is done using the quest system. On the map are marked places where you should go. The Quests List shows you what to do. Girls write you an SMS with reminders. If you notice in the game a place where all this does not work, then this is a bug, and just fill in the bugtracker. The game should work without any third-party guides.
Keeps the download small. The free one can be posted here, and updated, easily, and quickly. The paid can be on your site, and updated just like the free one.
As I said, some people get early access to content without subscribing to Patreon/Club. These are ordinary players, including from this forum. This is an automatic procedure, when I need more feedback. So everyone plays in a same client. In addition, there are not so much content in dev state, the game will not be smaller if I remove it from "public" build.

ZecoRho

Dec 3, 2018
Thank you for deleting my factually correct comment.

Pointing out I have 0 comments is not an argument. Comparing your game to others is a valid criticism as they exist in the same genre and have similar development times and team sizes.

Saying that I didn't play the game may be true. I didn't see any "save game" buttons anywhere so when, some ways through chapter 1, game crashed and I could't find a way to load it, I stopped playing. I just didn't want to trudge throught the same path have without the skip function. Claiming that I played the game would be a bit of a stretch on my part.

I tried.

2.40 star(s) 53 Votes