• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks for the share but I dont think I'll play any more versions of this until the dev changes the way the game is made. I wont go into detail because everyone else has already said what I'm thinking. Spamming saves is not the way for a good game in my opinion...

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Looking to the tread there, it sound the update as planned (0.4 : quality of life) would go toward a quite better game content. Guess time will allow to know.

Thanks for the link (information).

95toLife

Nov 30, 2016
Thanks for the share but I dont think I'll play any more versions of this until the dev changes the way the game is made. I wont go into detail because everyone else has already said what I'm thinking. Spamming saves is not the way for a good game in my opinion...
Understandable. I get that the dev wants to show each event only 1 time, in which case they should just be triggered in sequence as slut score increases instead of getting one menu with all options only 1 time. Seems to me like that must have been the intent, but the execution failed. Time will tell, I guess.

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
I actually have to `fix` this game everytime they make a release.... running it through the SDK (because I'm a macfag) creates a glitch where each event only happens once. So, I have open the main text file in the game folder and remove all instances or 'if not _____ event = false' from all boolean checks. Not particularly hard but I am grateful I can still edit the files myself otherwise there would be little point to playing the game in its current builds.

Reactions: Cirro84

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
... I have open the main text file in the game folder and remove all instances or 'if not _____ event = false' from all boolean checks. Not particularly hard but I am grateful I can still edit the files myself otherwise there would be little point to playing the game in its current builds.
Would you mind uploading and attaching your changes? Others may find it usefull, if they got these problems and read your post. :)

Reactions: Muff Diver

Lulatsche

Oct 25, 2016
As someone who has spent years working in various bio labs, I can tell you with absolute certainty, the most unrealistic thing is this story is:

Any bio lab having the funding, forethought, or logic to hire a chem engineer to service the equipment.

Seriously, by the end of your first rotation in lab you're part mechanic, part bartender, part insomniac, and part madman (in addition to the various madnessess associated with grad school itself). I remember having to use old aquarium supplies, bent wires, and my cars tool box trying to get an autoclave to work, and I once had to resolder a PCR machine's PSU board. And that was in a well funded lab. When I was in my student lab days we resorted to piracy on a few occasions.

Is there a similar way to activate the full developer mode?
I can't find any variable that trigger it on...

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
You can always turn on the Developer Console with the 00console.rpy edit to turn console to True

Lulatsche

Oct 25, 2016
I know that, but the deb-mode offers a list with all variables. So it is easier to check for other commands. Not necessarily for this game, since all was posted already.

Oh yes, the command is "config.developer = True", I even find it with the console ...
But after enabling it, Shift+D still won't work.

steamhare

Jan 1, 2017
I'm just hoping the game has more instances of changed behavior outside of corruption events. If the game just opened up the sex menu without further corruption when we hit the same triggers things would go smoother. For added polish, the dialogue could be updated for the non-corruption events.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I know that, but the deb-mode offers a list with all variables. So it is easier to check for other commands. Not necessarily for this game, since all was posted already.

Oh yes, the command is "config.developer = True", I even find it with the console ...
But after enabling it, Shift+D still won't work.
I always use Shift+O <- letter o

Once you have the variable list its easy, and I think its in this thread already so I don't want to repeat it.

Lulatsche

Oct 25, 2016
Okay, I just thrown all files of the \renpy\ folder in my notepad++ and searched for "config.developer = " in all of them.
The one that did the trick: Line 282 of \renpy\common\00library.rpy

Starting at Line 280:
Code:
 if config.developer == "auto":
        if config.script_version:
            config.developer = True       //This on was "False". Changed and restarted, I was able to open the dev menu.
        else:
            config.developer = True

Now press Shift+D and look into the "Variable Viewer" ;)

Edit: But this seems not to be universal ... I can't get the dev menu for four elements trainer. Trying right now ...

Last edited:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
WOW!! I knew about the Console shortcut and when needed used it to add money to skip over the grind when necessary, but never knew about this one. It'll definitely make it easier than using Sublime to search through the Renpy files to find variables.

Thanks muchly!!!!

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Not to double post but caught this from the developer this morning:

I'm currently working on v0.3, which should be released Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning this week. It will add something like 25 new "minor" scenes to the game, along with adding images to all of the "major" scenes already included in v0.2.1. That should provide a big chunk of content to roam around and find, and clear out a lot of the placeholder locations (although not all of them, still a ton of work to do). I'm also going to be tweaking the influence gain a little to make everything easier to reach while I get more major scenes into the game. Also, not finding any events with Mom or Lily at night is my fault, I found the bug causing it a few days ago and it'll be fixed for v0.3 (Same with the "Missed work reduction never goes away" bug, if you ran into that one).

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
Would you mind uploading and attaching your changes? Others may find it usefull, if they got these problems and read your post. :)
Here's a copy of the script.rpy file after I 'fixed' it.....(note I'm too lazy to use a hosting site, so I changed the extension to .txt so I could directly upload here)
(I modded a couple versions and through all but this one out months ago, none of my modifications crash the game)
My fixes:
-allow you to witness all the naughty events multiple times
-player starts with 5000 gold or earth rupees
- player has 500 purple hypno-drugs....
- some lewdness values may have been changed, so some events would auto-proc)

if you want to use this file just change the extension to .rpy and drop into your 'game' folder of Lab Rats 0.2.1
..... I'm not sure but I may have changed event probabilities (like increased chance for sister to be in her room looking through her things)

The deets:
- in notepad just did a 'command+f' (macfag) search for 'serum' since all events check if player has serum. That helped me locate the events. I then checked the events for booleans ( statements starting with 'if') and removed complex checks. So, all checks that had more than one value dictating if an event would trigger got simplified to a lewdness check (except for the checks on days of the week because those aren't broken).
- did a 'command+f' (macfag) search for money and changed initial value, also did search for 'purple' changing initial value (these are easy to find if you want to 'reset' to a natural game progression).

That's it.
I'd do more of these simple corrections for other games that crash but most package as .rpyc which is encripted and I haven't found a macfag friendly way to un-cuck .rpyc.

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
If the 0.3 version still uses a readable script file I promise to upload a 'fixed' version (only if it glitches like the last version that is)...

Reactions: Cirro84

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It seems that events at the house dont really do anything. The characters just sit there. (i.e when you invite a coworker and make them do something. Or when you watch the movie with mom and sister and choose an option the characters dont move). Also when spending a regular evening with mom the art that always appears seems to be of her on her knees masturbating.

Also I dont know if this is implemented in the original game but we dont see the male character (when u get a bj / hj)

But yeah the events in the house (except the one to pay the mother, or watch the movie with her alone) are pretty fucked as no art is shown :(

Last edited:

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Any eta on ver 0.3 cause this game has a SHIT LOAD of potential and fappage.

3.80 star(s) 49 Votes