4.60 star(s) 54 Votes

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I have a ryzen 9 and an rtx 3070... I can literally run crysis using software acceleration lol, so it ain't my PC being old.
Was just a possibility. My PC is similar an experiences no such delays so not sure where the problem might be for you.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Honestly, no. It would basically be a full time job to keep up with everything, even then there's no way everything can realistically make it into the log. Furthermore, your reply seems like you're trying to judge the difference between the original and this one? That list would be ridiculous if that's what you're looking for...
Not exactly. What I want is a version to version changelog like most games on this site have, and like the original version had before Vren disappeared. I don't even want it to be especially detailed, because the amount of detail on the github is what scared me off. Something that gives me an idea of what areas have been fiddled around with, and what storylines have been expanded. Something that gives me an idea of whether or not updating is needed, or if I can keep playing my current version.

Something like:
'Version W - started character Y's Lust route
added 3 new serum effects to Tier 3 research
Fixed several bugs

Version X - Continued character Y's Lust route
balanced one of the serums added last version, too powerful
Fixed more bugs'

Does this make sense?

Reactions: 0800vids

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
I've figured it out, i only get like 5-10fps in this game if i run it on linux. it doesn't matter if i use an nvidia gpu, an amd gpu, run the exe through wine or run it natively through the .sh script.

It's basically just broken on linux.

On windows it worked fine.

On mesa drivers (so intel and amd gpus) you can run it with zink, that somehow fixes it, on nvidia it breaks with zink so nvidia users are just fucked i guess, unless they use nouveau and nvk but this one game probably isn't worth the trouble of switching off the proprietary driver.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Okay, I've made my first foray into looking at the game's code. I was specifically looking at the "offer to hire her" option for the City Administrator. It appears that this option only has one possible result and never leads to success no matter what any of her stats are (or yours). Can anyone confirm if that's true or if I'm misunderstanding something?

Sep 21, 2019
Okay, I've made my first foray into looking at the game's code. I was specifically looking at the "offer to hire her" option for the City Administrator. It appears that this option only has one possible result and never leads to success no matter what any of her stats are (or yours). Can anyone confirm if that's true or if I'm misunderstanding something?
I don't have access to Discord to interact and help the devs, but I think you are right.

Ardash

Jul 3, 2022
I've figured it out, i only get like 5-10fps in this game if i run it on linux. it doesn't matter if i use an nvidia gpu, an amd gpu, run the exe through wine or run it natively through the .sh script.

It's basically just broken on linux.

On windows it worked fine.

On mesa drivers (so intel and amd gpus) you can run it with zink, that somehow fixes it, on nvidia it breaks with zink so nvidia users are just fucked i guess, unless they use nouveau and nvk but this one game probably isn't worth the trouble of switching off the proprietary driver.

... If upgrading your video drivers does not fix the problem, you should consider switching video renderers, using the following steps.
  • Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.
  • From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
  • Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.

Reactions: Harvey Danger
Mar 6, 2021
ok it might have already been answered but how do you interact with the other city officials for the Policies? i am only able to talk with the "Attention" lady and havent met anyone else

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
This game take a bit more power than your usual ren'py game. If you have an older computer, there probably is going to be some slowdown.
Honestly ? I'm on a potato laptop (like 13 yo laptop, some Celeron CPU with a nice GT610M...) and I haven't experienced lags, even if launching the game takes between 30 and 60 seconds. The problem might come from elsewhere.

EDIT : just seen the problem was on Linux, so nvm. But even the more power-hungry ren'py games could run on a toaster, that's what's nice with that engine. :)

Last edited:

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
ok it might have already been answered but how do you interact with the other city officials for the Policies? i am only able to talk with the "Attention" lady and havent met anyone else
I haven't played around with it, but AFIAK there are two main ones to find. The second is a police officer that roams the map, but she doesn't actually have an introduction yet, you just have to find her and corrupt her the hard way. I've seen people mention that she frequently visits the strip club at night/evening.

All I can say is to find her randomly, her clothes resemble a police uniform, so just hovering over the ???s should be enough to find her. I THINK the polices are related to the cop, not the council women, don't quote me on that.

inveiglerZim

May 12, 2020
City Administrator - Penelope (the one visiting when attention is high) after introduction can be met randomly around the city.
Police officer - Christine can be met randomly in the city. I've noticed she is often "patrolling" Downtown Streets or Shopping Mall Atrium in the morning and afternoon, then in the evening and at night she is often in Strip Club or Distillery.

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
Yep, there are two city officials.

The first one is Penelope, the City Administrator, lady that comes to your office when you have over 100% attention, she has more advanced sex actions locked until she visits enough times. She needs to be convinced using trance to wear a slutty uniform for her job and it has to be during her visit. I used two her other unique trance options first, one was to limit the damage, like taking only half of the supply or some serum inventory, the other one was a bonus to attention decrease every day.

The second official is Christine, the Police Chief that can be randomly found in the city, she also has sex actions locked behind some requirements, like using specific sex action few times to proceed to the next level.

For both of them it's very useful to have "Ask for a Favour" in the mod settings turned on as one of the higher favours is asking where they live, making it much easier to corrupt them if you can visit them each day early morning. Once both are slutty enough, like 3 stars or more and Penelope wears slutty uniform there is an event that has a delay of few days to talk to Penelope about topless being legal and that is all for this version, you can enable both topless and nude legality in the business policies.

Also the info in the business policies is not very clear, it always shows the same description to make city official wear a slutty uniform no matter what stage you are on, even if she already wears one, if both are slutty enough you just need to be patient until the delay is over for the talk.

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
It feels like the event where your employee comes to your house after the guy she was on a date with told her he was married happens a lot more often in this version.
I think it's because there aren't a lot of night time crises *at all*, and that one's got a REAL low bar to clear. I've noticed it cropping up a lot too tho - I promise this isn't a dismissal :)

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
All I can say is to find her randomly, her clothes resemble a police uniform, so just hovering over the ???s should be enough to find her.
Also, I think last time I started a new game, I noticed her because she had the "favorite" star next to her ???. That kinda stands out.

The second official is Christine, the Police Chief that can be randomly found in the city, she also has sex actions locked behind some requirements, like using specific sex action few times to proceed to the next level.
I was just looking at that code earlier today. If I remember correctly, it's finger her four times to unlock Oral, cum in her mouth four times to unlock Vaginal, creampie four times to unlock Anal.

I think it's because there aren't a lot of night time crises *at all*, and that one's got a REAL low bar to clear. I've noticed it cropping up a lot too tho - I promise this isn't a dismissal :)
I feel like when I started a new game in previous versions, that event would always come up one time with Stephanie early on. I had figured it was tied to Stephanie's character as a way to let you get in her pants more easily. Was it recently changed to work for multiple characters, or did I just have "bad" luck before?

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
funny thing is - it should be easy to implement. even making general menu list all clothes and export\import in bulk will do most of the work.
I mean, like I've said before (though not to you directly, about this, I think?), you're welcome to pop into the discord and suggest it there. Trist has mentioned that he only rarely checks this thread because of all the chaff, so you're far more likely to get his attention that way. May also get one of the other modders's's's's interest which could also work.

is it normal for this game to be laggy as shit right from the main menu? No matter how i launch it it seems like it's just gonna lag.
I know this has been solved, but I'd like to point out the irony of a linux user coming in with a support issue and NOT starting out with the "I'm on distro X version Y" spiel since back when I was forming impressions of user groups, that was pretty typical due to how frequently the issue was "oh yeah that's because the standard *nix driver is ass; try [other one] instead". :)

This is correct. There is currently no way to hire her away from the city. Don't even know if that's in the cards, tbh. Pretty sure she's Trist's creation; could always poke him and ask :)

Nice find!

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
Also, I think last time I started a new game, I noticed her because she had the "favorite" star next to her ???. That kinda stands out.
It's more of a "this is a pre-defined character who may or may not have explicit story bits written for them" star when it's on a character from the jump, but "favorite" serves basically the same purpose yeah

I was just looking at that code earlier today. If I remember correctly, it's finger her four times to unlock Oral, cum in her mouth four times to unlock Vaginal, creampie four times to unlock Anal.
and unlike most other characters with similar "progression-based" unlocks, these are actually written in the 'change positions' window! It feels pretty clear that it's a placeholder for Actual Story™ down the road, but I kiiiiiiiiinda wish that the rest of the custom chars were equally clear about the reqs. Might float that myself.

I feel like when I started a new game in previous versions, that event would always come up one time with Stephanie early on. I had figured it was tied to Stephanie's character as a way to let you get in her pants more easily. Was it recently changed to work for multiple characters, or did I just have "bad" luck before?
I don't remember it being changed recently, though it's certainly (for me at least) *happening more* lately which means there's more chances for it to happen with other girls. Steph's the only one you're guaranteed to know for the first solid while who both a) isn't blocked from using that event because of story reasons, and b) isn't otherwise unwilling to fuck, so in the very early game it makes sense that the system would pick her as the target for the event with crazy-high frequency, y'know? My bet is that something somewhat unrelated got tweaked which caused that to fire more often in the later game as an indirect result.

Reactions: slobber and rb813

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I personally don't think anythings changed. I've always had the event fire too often for my liking and although Steph is generally the most common one, It's not uncommon for other girls to be involved instead.

Jun 8, 2017
Wow I wish I knew about this version of Lab Rats 2 before trying to the original one. It was such an annoyance to play through. They is probably one of the most customizations for NPCs I have seen in a game outside of text ones like Lilith's Throne.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
This is correct. There is currently no way to hire her away from the city. Don't even know if that's in the cards, tbh. Pretty sure she's Trist's creation; could always poke him and ask
By "poke him" do you mean that he'll respond to DM's, or is there a channel in the Discord for something like this?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
is it normal for this game to be laggy as shit right from the main menu? No matter how i launch it it seems like it's just gonna lag.
the last informed decision everyone followed unanimous regarding game performance is dont activate the animations, the individual images dont unload properly and cause a memory hole.

4.60 star(s) 54 Votes