VN L.I.F.E (in development)

thedeviantsmind

May 31, 2017
So I've been lurking here for a while, downloaded things off and on, and I what can I say, I got inspired.

So I started working on this project called, L.I.F.E.

Overview:
You're a Carlston, a bi-racial young adult, "black ass momma, white ass daddy." You've taken a gap year after graduating high school, college plans are tentative, future is up in the air, but you're at the precipice and it's time to make a decision. The gap year is done. Choose to be the son or daughter, and make your decisions.

TL;DR Version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So look out for the demo, if you're interested. One "branch" is entirely completed, another, not so much, but, the whole point is to see if anyone likes it.

Now I'll leave you with some screenshots of the characters and some short bios. (Forgive the effects you're about to see.)

Well, this is it.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N you got more than money and sense, my friend, you got heart and you're going your own way.

Wokeash

Mar 11, 2017
I am very happy to see that someone is finally doing a game where the choices made in an episode might make big difference in next ones :)

Reactions: 4rn4ld0

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
A little recommendation based on my own experiences with rendering so far: Avoid having characters' faces looking directly at the camera. Have them face slightly to an angle and instead have them look at the camera with their eyes. It looks much, much better and far more natural. Have a look at some photos of real people for reference. Even people who are trying to look at the camera will typically face one side or another. I tend to angle my female faces slightly downward so that they'll look up at the player. It makes them look more seductive. Avoid having them look down, not only because that achieves the opposite effect, but also because it's unnatural and uncomfortable for humans to use their eyes that way.

Reactions: Gagi114

thedeviantsmind

May 31, 2017
Just want to say thanks to everyone that's shown interest, and you too Belle, definitely trying to take into note what you said. Fooled around, and I did notice a difference.

thedeviantsmind

May 31, 2017
(wasn't sure if I should make a new post for this, but here it is)

Overview:
You're a Carlston, a bi-racial young adult, "black ass momma, white ass daddy." You've taken a gap year after graduating high school, college plans are tentative, future is up in the air, but you're at the precipice and it's time to make a decision. The gap year is done. Choose to be the son or daughter, and make your decisions.
Developer: Thisdeviantsmind (me.)
Censorship: None
Version: 0.01
Language: English
Genre: life simulation (sort of), incest, 2d game, dating sim.

Installation:

Download, extract, and run the LIFE001.exe

Gameplay: Only hit the GREEN BUTTONS for now. They're black and green buttons, only use the green ones, else it'll loop you back to the beginning.
"So why insert black buttons at all?" Very good question, really, they're just place holders, I want to show the different options and potential choices you can choose, and you can ponder how they'd continue to affect the gameplay, plus, I think it makes the whole thing seem less linear. Knowing that eventually the choices will be fleshed out.

Couple things. TL;DR stuff.

So, again, it's unfinished, but I took some cues from VREN I liked his stuff, so if you're looking for something much more complete than this, check him out. Hope you guys like it.

tek

Nov 12, 2016
there's a mistake when Carly sucks you it says she pops your dick into your mouth,
Also just on a side note and it may just be me but Carly looks a little to boyish to me , but overall not a bad start:)

Last edited:

thedeviantsmind

May 31, 2017
there's a mistake when Carly sucks you it says she pops your dick into your mouth,
Also just on a side note and it may just be me but Carly looks a little to boyish to me , but overall not a bad start:)
I wanna say thanks, and I also want to say, that mistake is hilarious, because I did the exact same thing a few years ago, in something I'd written for someone. Hi-larious.