• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
no mater on who art ai train, fact this is ai and people who made art don't payed for their rip off works. great thing this s**t unsellable on shops like dlsite and soon we find this ai type games gone
Probably because AI don't rip off works. If you think AI art is, you're fundamentally misunderstanding how Stable Diffusion works.

The model isn't capable of copyright violations.

Lolly - Molly

Aug 14, 2023
AI cg, my dude... it's a mixed bag, gotta be honest. But let me tell you, that loli right there? She's like a frickin' magnet for the eyes. Big thanks for throwing this our way, much appreciated! (y)

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
I feel like the term shortstack needs to be mentioned here. If not suggested as a tag.

"A female character typically around 5'2~ feet/160cm tall or shorter, featuring well-endowed assets whether it be breasts, buttocks, hips, thighs or any combination of these, although most often a generous waist-to-hip ratio and general curviness is the most clear sign of a shortstack.

Not to be confused with oppai loli, as these feature child or child-like characters with disproportionately large breasts.
Please do not combine the shortstack and oppai loli tags to describe the same character in a post, these two tags are used to describe two separate, distinct things."

Quoted from a reputable source.

Reactions: Xsekor

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Guys breaking news is that this game may be dead, and many more like it, due to an Australian dev who some people think is the dev of Proud Father has just been arrested.
source

Reactions: Markosh_1973

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Guys breaking news is that this game may be dead, and many more like it, due to an Australian dev who some people think is the dev of Proud Father has just been arrested.
source
Literally nothing here indicates the Dev, what are you on?

I forget how utterly stupid laws are tho. "Ah yes! Children are VERY MUCH built like this! They must be pedophiles!" or "Everyone knows A I g e n e r a t e d anime girls are REAL children and help REAL child abusers."

If these people put in even HALF the effort to go online and find REAL child exploiters it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

You know I never see Anime criticized, only lolis. Most Anime casts are comprised of 15-16 yr olds and are SEXUALIZED, yet if you hop on Rule34 I see zerooooo complaints. "Well the older kids are fine, it's the YOUNGER kids that are no nos." Not all kids? Just the ones deemed 'looking' too little? Boggles my fuckin mind.

Last edited:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
They're not interested in protecting children, they're interested in being seen punishing pedophiles. The guys hurting real kids are keeping quiet, so they don't care about them. But lolicons are less subtle, and so they care.

Also I see a lot of these fuckers on r/evangelion whining about the characters being 14 to the point almost no other discussion exists, so they do care, it's just a matter of whether they want to be seen right then or not.

Claroquesi

May 16, 2020
''Like bro you rather fap to cartoons drawn by other dudes?''.
Wait... So you are telling me that i am gay to fapping to someones art? But i'm not gay if i fap to art made from a machine? Who the fucks faps to the thought that "other dudes" made that art, like: "Oh hell yeah! Aaah~ This art was made by a person! AAAAAAaah!~"

Wtf dude?

• Angry
Reactions: parakep

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Wait... So you are telling me that i am gay to fapping to someones art? But i'm not gay if i fap to art made from a machine? Who the fucks faps to the thought that "other dudes" made that art, like: "Oh hell yeah! Aaah~ This art was made by a person! AAAAAAaah!~"

Wtf dude?
Clearly you aren't being paranoid enough about your masculinity. Having any kind of interaction with a male human being ever in your life is pretty fucking gay, even indirectly. Real men exclusively interact with women, things made by women, things made by machines operated by women, or preferably, their left hand.

• Angry
Reactions: parakep

kudamonodev

Sep 26, 2023
Yeah, AI is a tool, nothing more. It sucks when it's improperly used but this seems decent enough in prompting.

It also seems kinda low-effort in terms of 'game' though so not going to bet on it living long. Would be glad to see the Dev prove me wrong though.
Glad you liked it and we are going to do more updates. Source: I am the developer.

Happy to answer any questions about AI art, the game and etc. This was originally developed as kind of a test case for AI art tools. I was really impressed with how quickly you could make a lot of good quality content and wanted to try doing a VN which is mostly about the art. I actually turned down the art quality a lot to make it more cartoony and approachable. The first version was very oil painting style. Never made a game like this before and I had zero idea if anyone would like it or care. I got really into making it though so it's cool so many people are playing it.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
One of the big flaws in AI art at the moment, I've noticed as both a consumer and small-time producer on some other sites (mostly fanart stuff), is that AI is at once not consistent enough and too consistent.

It can be exceptionally difficult to coax the AI into giving you two pics that look like they're for the same thing - like, for example, two sprites of the same character from the same VN - yet at the same time it's also hard to coax enough variation into the results that it doesn't look like the same AI generated content one can make for free with some spare time and a tutorial on installing the AI yourself.

For that reason, I don't think a VN that's relying on AI art is going to do very well. AI art is currently at the stage where it's an acceptable replacement for bad art but a poor replacement for mediocre art.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Glad you liked it and we are going to do more updates. Source: I am the developer.

Happy to answer any questions about AI art, the game and etc. This was originally developed as kind of a test case for AI art tools. I was really impressed with how quickly you could make a lot of good quality content and wanted to try doing a VN which is mostly about the art. I actually turned down the art quality a lot to make it more cartoony and approachable. The first version was very oil painting style. Never made a game like this before and I had zero idea if anyone would like it or care. I got really into making it though so it's cool so many people are playing it.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
When will Pear be available to the public?

kudamonodev

Sep 26, 2023
When will Pear be available to the public?
We put out the public version this last weekend. Go check out our itch page. You can follow us to get alerts when we update too.

One of the big flaws in AI art at the moment, I've noticed as both a consumer and small-time producer on some other sites (mostly fanart stuff), is that AI is at once not consistent enough and too consistent.

It can be exceptionally difficult to coax the AI into giving you two pics that look like they're for the same thing - like, for example, two sprites of the same character from the same VN - yet at the same time it's also hard to coax enough variation into the results that it doesn't look like the same AI generated content one can make for free with some spare time and a tutorial on installing the AI yourself.

For that reason, I don't think a VN that's relying on AI art is going to do very well. AI art is currently at the stage where it's an acceptable replacement for bad art but a poor replacement for mediocre art.
There's methods you can use to deal with these issues and make it work well for VN's or game art. Inpainting is time consuming but is amazing for introducing variations in expression or a scene without changing the whole thing and making it look inconsistent. Controlnet and regional prompting give you a lot more control over composition and posing. For making art that does not just look like the defaults you just need to add style loras, blending loras can get you a pretty huge range of looks. The tech is still very new but I think in a few years some sort of AI assisted workflow will become the default for game art.

Guarano

May 14, 2018
Hi,
I like the ArtStyle a lot.
Last post with link to itch and the link to patreon are down.
My guess, its over for this good looking game?
Hope not.

kudamonodev

Sep 26, 2023
Hi,
I like the ArtStyle a lot.
Last post with link to itch and the link to patreon are down.
My guess, its over for this good looking game?
Hope not.
It's not quite over but it's been a bit of a ride. We got banned from itch, had our patreon taken down and had a steam application rejected. Currently the only place we've been able to keep the most recent update posted is boosty, we're also on discord and post some stuff there. We did add quite a bit of new content since last time we posted about it. Honestly its been really frustrating, we just started to really hit a groove and I was pretty happy with our new content and then we got banned everywhere.

discord.gg/FbwX9ca7dA

I'm not quite ready to pack it in but it's been pretty challenging. If anyone has more experience with how to sell and market games the major platforms won't host I'd love some advice.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes