VN Ren'Py KLK Ryûko's Rumble dev thread

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
If you're talking about "Spicy" scenes, then sadly I won't be able to delivers scenes for both of them until the 1st update following the initial release of the game.
I will only be able to introduce those two characters. So you will be able to get a glimpse of their personality without going too deep.

The 1st release will include 4 sex scenes and 8 CGS (not including variations / SFW CGS / ecchi CGS ).

It may seems a bit short but to be honest the very first release is the one that require the biggest investment and all of this can't be put into sex only, as I have to build up my story.
I mean, to be expected from what will essentially be a 0.01 release. I wouldn't worry too much about content for that first release. So long as you're able to get your ideas across it should be fine.

Personally, I don't understand how people are able to complain about fan-projects that lots of people just work on in their free time or are paid a super small amount for via things like Patreon or Ko-fi. If this was a project with a lot of people behind it and wasn't something too grand I guess I can understand that a bit better but like damn.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I mean, to be expected from what will essentially be a 0.01 release. I wouldn't worry too much about content for that first release. So long as you're able to get your ideas across it should be fine.

Personally, I don't understand how people are able to complain about fan-projects that lots of people just work on in their free time or are paid a super small amount for via things like Patreon or Ko-fi. If this was a project with a lot of people behind it and wasn't something too grand I guess I can understand that a bit better but like damn.
I think the biggest problem with new projects is that people fear about it being dropped after the initial release.

And they are not wrong since the most critical timing for a new game is the initial release. It's the timing for which the game indeed has a big chance of being dropped.

To be perfectly honest with you, my main concern about that timing is if my initial release get completely ignored.

I'm pretty confident about the "content" my game will have, but I also know that it's not the kind of content which is the most appealing for a majority of player.

Not focusing on straight content is indeed a big drawback, but well, If yuri was more popular then I wouldn't be making this game at all. :giggle:

To be even more honest with you, you can expect me to be under a huge pressure, watching carefully my game thread, reading every comment made the day it get online. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Oshitari Azumi

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
I think the biggest problem with new projects is that people fear about it being dropped after the initial release.

And they are not wrong since the most critical timing for a new game is the initial release. It's the timing for which the game indeed has a big chance of being dropped.

To be perfectly honest with you, my main concern about that timing is if my initial release get completely ignored.

I'm pretty confident about the "content" my game will have, but I also know that it's not the kind of content which is the most appealing for a majority of player.

Not focusing on straight content is indeed a big drawback, but well, If yuri was more popular then I wouldn't be making this game at all. :giggle:

To be even more honest with you, you can expect me to be under a huge pressure, watching carefully my game thread, reading every comment made the day it get online. :ROFLMAO:
That makes sense. I've personally never made a game or anything of the like so I can't imagine what kind of pressure developers like you go through when trying to release a new game especially if it's not something that will appeal to a wide demographic. And I can definitely see people not giving this one a chance because they may not like yuri.

But as kind of a joke counter point, it's Kill La Kill. I think people should expect lots of yuri content. But that's just me.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
That makes sense. I've personally never made a game or anything of the like so I can't imagine what kind of pressure developers like you go through when trying to release a new game especially if it's not something that will appeal to a wide demographic. And I can definitely see people not giving this one a chance because they may not like yuri.

But as kind of a joke counter point, it's Kill La Kill. I think people should expect lots of yuri content. But that's just me.
I would say that people would expect more a Female Domination game from a KLK game considering how assertive most of the female characters are. :devilish:

But thanksfully making a niche game doesn't automatically mean making an unpopular game.

I honestly can't tell any really big popular game that is yuri only, but I know some of them which managed to build a little community around them.

croco_nsfw

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2022
I would say that people would expect more a Female Domination game from a KLK game considering how assertive most of the female characters are. :devilish:

But thanksfully making a niche game doesn't automatically mean making an unpopular game.

I honestly can't tell any really big popular game that is yuri only, but I know some of them which managed to build a little community around them.
I agree, I think it's better to be good at a niche and being popular at one, than trying to appeal to everyone. Way fewer competition, more chances of being distinguishable.
Plus I think people at niches are more loyal, at least I know I am haha

Good luck dude!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I wanted to tell you that I will probably skip a lot of weekly reports until the end of the year since I won't have much to show you.

The gallery / replay system feature will be completed either today or tomorrow and that's the very last feature I can still work on for the V0.1 since everything else is done.

I won't add a map system for the V0.1 since I prefers to wait for the feedbacks of the initial release before committing to it.

The main artist who's working on CGS will take a break for December so I won't be able to tease a lot of new content.

I'm currently looking for minor adjustments like looking if the current game title need to be changed before an official logo is getting worked on.

I will probably take some time to find out which school club could be fitting the last club captain slot.

It's currently a choice between :

- Archery (long black haired girl with a very fierce but calm personality, basically a "senpai" trope. )

- Horse riding (Short brown haired girl with an hidden extra kinky personality)

- Book club (The quiet shy girl with glasses can fit here)

- Hip/Hop Rap (possibly a tomboy. )

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I wanted to tell you that I will probably skip a lot of weekly reports until the end of the year since I won't have much to show you.
That's absolutely not a problem on my part. We can still keep the topic on watched and be back when there's something to show, and it'll be something to look forward to.

It's currently a choice between :

- Archery (long black haired girl with a very fierce but calm personality, basically a "senpai" trope. )

- Horse riding (Short brown haired girl with an hidden extra kinky personality)

- Book club (The quiet shy girl with glasses can fit here)

- Hip/Hop Rap (possibly a tomboy. )
That sounds like a tough choice. I like all the possibilities, but would probably vote for the Horse Riding one, if a vote was going on - sounds like she might be the furthest from the other two club leaders.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
That sounds like a tough choice. I like all the possibilities, but would probably vote for the Horse Riding one, if a vote was going on - sounds like she might be the furthest from the other two club leaders.
That last point is interesting because I indeed have to create a cast of love interests that is diverse enough to be sure at least a majority of player could find a love interest they like.

I must find the right balance between :
- Body type / Visual appearance
- Personalities
- kinks

Currently from the characters which are already revealed, we have

1) Mako Mankanshoku :

- Short brown haired
- Friendly, chaotic
- Vanilla, slightly more sub than dom

2) Anzu Inoue :

- Tall redhead muscular girl
- Joyful, optimistic, lusty
- Lightly kinky, slightly more dom than sub

3) Kameko Kano :

- White haired busty girl
- Tricky, manipulative
- kinky, extremely more dom than sub

Each character must have its own limits regarding their sexual preferences.

Giving you an example :

- Since Kameko is a character that likes to always be in control and act as a dom, there is no way I would allow the player to make her become a fully submissive character. At the opposite don't expect Mako to become a "BDSM dungeon Mistress", that would be more fitting to Satsuki. :devilish: (which is technically an antagonist and not a love interest in my game, but the same rules apply.)

Your Love interests are supposed to be the player allies/ partners in game, they're not slaves that can be turned into whatever the player want.

I also have to do the same thing with the MC.

Ryûko is at first a reckless personality, which is also assertive, but not manipulative. I would say that she's :

- Vanilla/slightly more dom than sub

It doesn't prevent the player from making Ryûko's personality change over times thanks to the choice that will be made, but it also set some limits :

- Ryûko Will be reluctant to be really mean with characters she like
- Ryûko Will be at first reluctant to be sadistic with characters she dislike
- Ryûko Will never be fully submissive without putting down a fight.

Last edited:

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
At the opposite don't expect Mako to become a "BDSM dungeon Mistress", that would be more fitting to Satsuki. :devilish: (which is technically an antagonist and not a love interest in my game, but the same rules apply.)
Dammit, and here I was hoping Satsuki would be a love interest albeit one that treats you like a dog (at "worst") and maybe something akin to a manservant/butler (at "best"). Granted I don't personally love dom-sub play but I always have a spot for her. But still, if that's you choice then that's that.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Dammit, and here I was hoping Satsuki would be a love interest albeit one that treats you like a dog (at "worst") and maybe something akin to a manservant/butler (at "best"). Granted I don't personally love dom-sub play but I always have a spot for her. But still, if that's you choice then that's that.
I think I need to make a clear post about how I'm building my whole game to avoid any future confusion.

The whole plot of my game revolve around two different things :

- Progressing through a sexfight tournament
- Investigating Satsuki

This more or less divides the game into two parts :

- Tournament matches
- Daily Academy life

Excluding "background characters", most of the characters can also be divided into two categories :

- Opponents
- Love interests

Opponents are characters you'll have to face during the tournament. They are mostly canon characters. You can't build-up any relationship with them. Most of the scenes you'll have with them will be during the tournament matches, but I don't exclude some other special scenes.

Love interests are characters that can help you during your adventure. They are mostly original characters and you can build a relationship with them. Most of the scenes you'll have will them will be during the daily academy life.

This mean that opponents will mostly have 1 update focused solely on them (their fight) with a lot of scenes involving them in 1 go, they will also receive side scenes, but most of their scenes will still be for their tournament fight. At the opposite, love interests will have their scenes spread over a large number of updates.

Satsuki being the main antagonist of the game, she's an opponent.
Anzu and Kameko are love interests.

Last edited:

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
Will there be a "harem route"? As in, will you be able to progress several love interests simultaneously? I'd be totally fine with having to pick one at the end. It would suck to have to pick one early on and have her be your support for the playthrough if it locks you out from doing stuff with the others. Never been a fan of having to play thought a game several times to get all the conten.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Will there be a "harem route"? As in, will you be able to progress several love interests simultaneously? I'd be totally fine with having to pick one at the end. It would suck to have to pick one early on and have her be your support for the playthrough if it locks you out from doing stuff with the others. Never been a fan of having to play thought a game several times to get all the conten.
If you're thinking about being able to date every single girl then no this game won't have a harem since some girls are mutually exclusive.

If you're thinking about being able to date several girls at the same time, even every girl you allied with, then yes building a harem will be possible.

Considering that a "harem" will be probably 4 girls at most. I know it's not a lot, but keep in mind that it's my first game and that I should have to be realistic about this game size.

You will have to play this game several times if you want to play every single routes.

However I already implemented a system that make you unlock in the CGs Gallery and In the replay Gallery every previous scenes when you pass through a checkpoint. I implemented this to allow player than Win a fight to be able to unlock "game over" scenes without having to replay the game.

This does not work the other way around as losing doesn't make you unlock the winning scenes.

Reactions: secrettunel6969

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
I think I need to make a clear post about how I'm building my whole game to avoid any future confusion.

The whole plot of my game revolve around two different things :

- Progressing through a sexfight tournament
- Investigating Satsuki

This more or less divides the game into two parts :

- Tournament matches
- Daily Academy life

Excluding "background characters", most of the characters can also be divided into two categories :

- Opponents
- Love interests

Opponents are characters you'll have to face during the tournament. They are mostly canon characters. You can't build-up any relationship with them. Most of the scenes you'll have with them will be during the tournament matches, but I don't exclude some other special scenes.

Love interests are characters that can help you during your adventure. They are mostly original characters and you can build a relationship with them. Most of the scenes you'll have will them will be during the daily academy life.

This mean that opponents will mostly have 1 update focused solely on them (their fight) with a lot of scenes involving them in 1 go, they will also receive side scenes, but most of their scenes will still be for their tournament fight. At the opposite, love interests will have their scenes spread over a large number of updates.

Satsuki being the main antagonist of the game, she's an opponent.
Anzu and Kameko are love interests.
Makes sense. I would love to smash Satsuki, but I knew that she would be the big bad the moment I saw that last screenshot.

Last edited:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Makes sense. I would love to smash Satsuki, but I knew that she would be the big bad the moment I saw that last screenshot.
Little disclaimer about that :

That last screenshot was actually a test CG I did when I was looking for an artist for the main art of the game and it won't be included into the game. I wasn't satisfied about the faces which are too far of the original material, but that's something that is and will be modified.

But well, I know how much people like Satsuki, and that it would be a waste to wait the very endgame to get her first scenes.

So I will give players some small appetizers from time to time.

The first update after the initial release will actually have 1 hidden scene involving Satsuki. I can't do more since Anzu and Kameko are supposed to be the main focus of this update.

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
Little disclaimer about that :

That last screenshot was actually a test CG I did when I was looking for an artist for the main art of the game and it won't be included into the game. I wasn't satisfied about the faces which are too far of the original material, but that's something that is and will be modified.

But well, I know how much people like Satsuki, and that it would be a waste to wait the very endgame to get her first scenes.

So I will give players some small appetizers from time to time.

The first update after the initial release will actually have 1 hidden scene involving Satsuki. I can't do more since Anzu and Kameko are supposed to be the main focus of this update.
Ah gotcha. Well, seeing her alone gives me life. Just seeing more KLK parodies in general is pretty great, so I'm happy enough stuff like this exists at all (outside of doujins). Eagarly awaiting the first release whenever that is!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Ah gotcha. Well, seeing her alone gives me life. Just seeing more KLK parodies in general is pretty great, so I'm happy enough stuff like this exists at all (outside of doujins). Eagarly awaiting the first release whenever that is!
Yeah, I was surprised to see that there are so few Kill-La-Kill games while there are dozens of projects on the universe of Naruto or my Hero Academia. We could say that Kill-La-Kill is less popular, but honestly, KLK give so much materials to build a NSFW game.

Since no recap this week, here is some Work-in-progress ass to compensate.
11.png

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
Your art looks great. Being able to create your own game without commission someone feels like a dream for me. The most beautiful thing about art is seeing how something develops from a sketch into a finished drawing, always amazes me. I can't wait until you release the first version. You seem to have a very structured approach that is well-suited for game development.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Your art looks great. Being able to create your own game without commission someone feels like a dream for me. The most beautiful thing about art is seeing how something develops from a sketch into a finished drawing, always amazes me. I can't wait until you release the first version. You seem to have a very structured approach that is well-suited for game development.
Ahah sorry mate, but I'm commissioning art too just like you. :ROFLMAO:

I'm terrible at drawing complex shapes like characters or building, so I indeed have artists helping me out on this project.

My main skill is writing. I have quite a lot of experience with it, but since nearly all my former projects were written in my native language, this game is a real challenge for me.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
Ahah sorry mate, but I'm commissioning art too just like you. :ROFLMAO:

I'm terrible at drawing complex shapes like characters or building, so I indeed have artists helping me out on this project.

My main skill is writing. I have quite a lot of experience with it, but since nearly all my former projects were written in my native language, this game is a real challenge for me.
Oh, haha! I thought you could draw art too. But being able to write is just as good. I started out recently, but there's much for me to learn. You commission talented artists! This game will be cool.