GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Banner2.png

Kingdom Sagas: A Medieval/Fantasy RPG and Strategy Game

Game

Introduction.

In the land once filled with peace under the iron rule of the Xopis Empire, an unsettling change is sweeping through the atmosphere. Invisible forces are at work, villagers are vanishing, violence is on the rise, and what was once a tranquil region has become a place of misery.

The time has come for you to adapt swiftly and save your kin, even if it means starting from the humble task of felling trees to battling against the might of the Xopis Empire. Welcome to Kingdom Sagas, where you will embark on an epic journey of discovery, relationship-building, settlement development, and the fight for survival.

Mission.
As the new reality dawns upon you, unprepared yet determined, you must navigate the Kingdom Sagas and forge your path. Immerse yourself in the lives of other characters, constructing your settlement and expanding its influence. Only then, through strength and unity, can you hope to rewrite the story of your Kingdom.

Key Features.
  • Engage in diverse quests to aid potential allies and unveil their unique sagas.
  • Enhance your economy and transform your humble abode into a grand estate.
  • Foster relationships and build meaningful bonds with a diverse cast of characters.

Aditional Features.
  • Recruit, train, and lead your men into battle, guiding them to victory.
  • Make impactful choices that shape the future of your settlement.
  • Develop your realm into an unstoppable force, liberating occupied territories and gaining access to new regions within the continent.

Game Introduction.

Once, a realm thrived in harmony as elves, humans, dwarves, and various creatures coexisted peacefully. However, greed, jealousy, and xenophobia filled the halls of men, shattering this long lasting peace and plunging the land into a catastrophic war. The other races were banished from their homelands, facing extinction as darkness loomed over their once-prosperous domain. Today, elven cities stand as relics of the past, dwarf mines have become mere legends, and humans live under the shadowy rule of the Xopis Empire.

Now, the tides of power shift once more. Fertile lands have withered, the air grows heavy, and the sky remains shrouded in darkness. Food becomes scarce, rumors of impending war spread, and people vanish without a trace. In the secluded village of Sharpton, nestled far from bustling cities, the conflict seems distant. But there is no guarantee that this peace will endure.

Research and Worldbuilding.

Kingdom Sagas blends elements of medieval warfare, incorporating smaller armies and the Feudal System, where vassals pay homage to lords and noblemen. While grounded in reality, the game takes liberties for the sake of immersion and fantasy. Elves, dwarves, and other mythical creatures will play integral roles in the unfolding narrative. Explore a vast continent divided into regions, with access expanding in future releases. Encounter interactive neutral settlements and conquer enemy-occupied cities through successful battles.

Map.jpg
Itios - The continent that will be available as the game progresses.

Story and Narrative.

Embark on an unforgettable journey as Kyrian, a young villager from Sharpton, a northern village under the control of the Xopis Empire. Kyrian's path will lead him from humble beginnings to bustling medieval towns and cities, from skirmishes with bandits to full-scale battles against the Empire. Along the way, encounter a multitude of captivating characters who can join your party or be interacted with. Train your companions and take them into battle or leave them in the safety of your settlement.

VN System.

In addition to strategic RPG gameplay, Kingdom Sagas employs a visual novel (VN) storytelling style, combining static images with dialogue and branching choices (Future releases). These choices intricately shape the game's trajectory, affecting the story and character interactions. Develop affinity with characters through your actions.

Initial Characters.

Portraits1.png
Some of the interactable characters.

VN3.JPG
Standard dialogue between MC and NPC.

Last edited:

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Edit:
Added the link for a short proof of concept.
I appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
Grumpy

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Thanks for letting me know! I have updated the link now.
I have already made quite a few changes from this version, but still any feedback is highly valuable!

jac022

Sep 28, 2018
this demo is really good. but some interact with building is really bug. oh, there is another bug in the last demo when user give the resource back for the blacksmith. overall this game has potential

Reactions: GrumpyS.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I've reached the point in the game where I can travel with my horse, but I'm unsure how to dismount from it. Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised by how well and smoothly the gameplay unfolds. However, I do have concerns about the town building and management aspect.

In an adult game, the adult content should be the clear focus, but it seems like the other elements might take up too much time. Take, for example, the beginner's town. Although it's small, it lacks liveliness. Adding more activities, both NSFW and SFW, would make the game feel more vibrant. Additionally, the world itself feels quite empty. It would benefit from more dense forests and lush grass, although I understand that this might limit the player base as not everyone has a powerful PC capable of handling such visuals.

jac022

Sep 28, 2018
I've reached the point in the game where I can travel with my horse, but I'm unsure how to dismount from it. Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised by how well and smoothly the gameplay unfolds. However, I do have concerns about the town building and management aspect.

In an adult game, the adult content should be the clear focus, but it seems like the other elements might take up too much time. Take, for example, the beginner's town. Although it's small, it lacks liveliness. Adding more activities, both NSFW and SFW, would make the game feel more vibrant. Additionally, the world itself feels quite empty. It would benefit from more dense forests and lush grass, although I understand that this might limit the player base as not everyone has a powerful PC capable of handling such visuals.
dude, this is just a demo. we will see what dev will give

Last edited:

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Wow thank you all for the playtest and the feedback! Very valuable input!

this demo is really good. but some interact with building is really bug. oh, there is another bug in the last demo when user give the resource back for the blacksmith. overall this game has potential
This demo was targeting those early bugs and recommendations to have a better experience on the first release. Can you send me a message with the bug you mentioned? Maybe I have not cleared that one yet.

In the first village, there will be a greater number of NPCs and a larger range of interactions beyond the main quest line.

The level design will also change a lot from the first demo to the first release. I am changing from meshes to billboard grass, resulting in a denser and more visually appealing environment without compromising performance.

Regarding the buildings and management taking too much time; this could definitely be a risk, but once the basic systems for the resources and buildings are established (which kind of are), it won't take more development time. Essentially, the construction mechanics will remain the same, with the primary modifications being applied to the 3D models and the functions of the buildings.

I did receive similar feedback from a previous tester regarding the disparity between NSFW and SFW content. As a result, I am actively working on increasing both the quantity and quality of the NSFW content to address this.

I am aiming to have the first release out in mid June. After that, you can expect quicker updates and more content, since most of the game mechanics will be already implemented.

Last edited:

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Update 14/6/23: Evolving and Refining the Game

Greetings, fellow developers and players! Since my initial post in November, the Kingdom Sagas project has undergone significant transformations. I'm thrilled to share some updates on the game's progress.

First and foremost, a major overhaul has taken place during the past six months. With relentless dedication, I've delved deep into Daz Studio, reworking and re-rendering the characters to bring them to life with enhanced realism and detail. This effort has resulted in an improvement in their appearance. (Although, i'm still hoping to find an artist to joining the project)

Additionally, the UI has received a comprehensive revamp, featuring more polished and professional assets. The updated UI design offers a refined and immersive experience, further drawing players into the rich world of Kingdom Sagas.

I am currently focusing on resolving bugs and making minor tweaks to ensure a smooth gameplay experience. These final adjustments will be meticulously ironed out before the official demo release, which is targeted for the end of June.

Based on valuable feedback from the kind players who participated in the previous demo, several notable changes have been implemented. As mentioned, I have introduced new assets for the UI, but a major change is in the assets used for the in-game characters/NPCs. Moreover, a dynamic day and night cycle now graces the game world, presenting us with an opportunity to explore the impact on quest availability. For instance, one of the first quests involves an “accidental” spying scene, which is rendered at night time, so the gameplay needs to match that.

The weather system has also been seamlessly integrated, adding an immersive layer to the game's environment. On a related note, after careful consideration, we have removed the minimap functionality to preserve an air of mystery and discovery. Players can still utilize a bird's-eye view to gain an overall perspective of the environment, and important markers will be visually accessible on screen.

For the future, I am planning to dedicate some time making a few changes:

• I want to elevate the visual quality of the game, so I am committed to improving my knowledge on post-processing effects and overall graphics, both for the gameplay in Unity and the final quality of the renders.
  • Replacing certain assets, such as buildings and vegetation, with higher-quality alternatives that better align with my vision of the game.
  • Last but not least, I have embarked on reimagining a section of the game's architecture, allowing for seamless updates through patches rather than requiring full builds. This will facilitate a more agile and efficient development process, ensuring that new content and improvements can reach players swiftly.

Lastly, I am in the process of setting up a Discord server to foster a vibrant community and provide a space for open discussion and feedback. As anticipated, this has presented its own set of challenges, and it will need more time to be at the level I would like it to be.

I'd like to offer you a small preview of the current state of the game. The journey so far has been a rollercoaster of frustration, learning moments and great progress, and I'm confident that Kingdom Sagas will captivate and transport players to a realm brimming with adventure and discovery.

Characters-04.png Characters-05.png Characters-06.png Gameplay.png Inventory.JPG NightCycle.JPG Irvette - AfterDinner.png By the Creek.png

Cheers,
Grumpy.

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment :)

In terms of renders, the change is significant. I'm still looking for an artist with greater expertise, as the process of creating art and achieving an appealing look is quite time-consuming. I'm still a long way from achieving the level of quality seen in many other projects.

Nevertheless, I see this as a valuable learning opportunity, and I hope to eventually have good looking content that meets a decent standard!

I hope to release the Demo in the upcoming days, and I would alos like to have your feedback then!
Cheers,
Grumpy

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Hi Barsor,
Im actually finishing a demo build very soon. Once that is finish I will post a link for it.

Thanks!

Barsor

Oct 17, 2020
Hi Barsor,
Im actually finishing a demo build very soon. Once that is finish I will post a link for it.

Thanks!
the game is very intriguing, but you could also put another way to make the character move.
however in the end the game when there is more content it will be fun to play it

GrumpyS.

Developing Kingdom Sagas
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Thank you!
What do you meant with another way to move the character?
At the moment is point and click. I have tried also like a standard 3 person controler, moving it with WASD, but it takes away from the "strategy" game that I want it to be.

Im glad you liked it :)

Barsor

Oct 17, 2020
Thank you!
At the moment is point and click. I have tried also like a standard 3 person controler, moving it with WASD, but it takes away from the "strategy" game that I want it to be.

you know dragon age origins a point and click movement system, but you could also use WASD to move

Greebz

Oct 10, 2020
Thank you!

Any pregnancy, impregnation or breeding content planned?