• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML King of College BETA 0.1 (Development Thread) [execet]

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
This game still in development? is there another page?
It's been about a year since the last update, but he's been logging in. So, he's either gotten a lot done, or more likely, he dropped the project.

Execet

Apr 3, 2019
This game still in development? is there another page?
It's been about a year since the last update, but he's been logging in. So, he's either gotten a lot done, or more likely, he dropped the project.
Apologies. It's not dead, I'm just loathe to send it out when I'm not happy with it.
I keep progressing, then going back and changing something fundamental to allow the story to be fluent.

I don't want to have saves being invalid etc, and I want the route to be consistent.
That means I've actually written what I hope is most of the story, which I'm hoping is a good thing, but at times the process is getting frustrating.

Would it be better to upload, then change things? I know a lot of games can be like that, or would people prefer a more rounded and clear first game?

It would be easier for me to upload what I've got I suppose.

Reactions: MissFortune
Dec 4, 2022
Execet
My recommendation would be to let someone else try it out (you can either make it public or use some test members). Maybe that will help with the frustration. Sometimes you can save lots of time with good recommendations from others.

Reactions: philcollinsz22716

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Would it be better to upload, then change things? I know a lot of games can be like that, or would people prefer a more rounded and clear first game?
The establishing question to whether you should or not is asking yourself, "Do I feel like there's enough content for an initial introduction to my project?" If that's a yeah, then try to play it yourself (or share it privately with someone you trust to be objective.) as objectively as possible. Then ask again, "would this be something you'd play if it wasn't mine?".

If the answer is yes to both, check for gamebreaking bugs, typos, anything that can potentially cause issues later. The bonus of active development games is that you can go back and fix it, or fix it for the second update. Make it as polished as possible on the first one, as you're introducing your target demographic to it. It doesn't have to be completed or even near it, but you want enough to let your users know who the characters are and the framework of the story you're presenting.

Only you can really decide any of that, though.

heckler22

Oct 6, 2020
Apologies. It's not dead, I'm just loathe to send it out when I'm not happy with it.
I keep progressing, then going back and changing something fundamental to allow the story to be fluent.

I don't want to have saves being invalid etc, and I want the route to be consistent.
That means I've actually written what I hope is most of the story, which I'm hoping is a good thing, but at times the process is getting frustrating.

It would be easier for me to upload what I've got I suppose.

Maybe you're being too hard on yourself, maybe you might get some insight from another perspective. I dont see a downside in uploading what you've got.

volumedender74

Jul 13, 2020
Now me personally, I would love to see what progress you've made! Don't feel like the game you publish has to be perfect! No game is :)