VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
Megan feels your pain and hopes you're all staying safe during these strange times.

I thought it was about time for an update and it's fair to say that our pandemic has affected their apocalypse.
Firstly just to clarify that someone else has added the On Hold tag. It's perfectly reasonable and i had a lot of leeway in terms of it should've been applied sooner. So all good, just clarifying it wasn't me.

So, progress...

The short version is that I'm unable, literally unable, to work on the visuals at the moment, and I'll update you when things change.

The longish version: When I first started this, I was in a good place with work and free time. And I did spend a lot of time getting things just right.
Then the company I worked for went bust. And while I was lucky to find work, it meant two zero-hour jobs. One of the jobs was working in a bar, so this meant that free time became a luxury. I lost the non-bar job due to cutbacks and managed to get more bar work in a restaurant.
Then the lockdown happened.

Having no job should mean I now have some time to work on Redburns. Unfortunately the PC tower I use is boxed at another's house, waiting for me to find my own place (staying with a friend while finances are 'fluid').

But I have my health and no-one I know has yet been affected by this terrible pandemic. Who knows what things will be like after this, but I'll always have my girls. And hopefully one day, you will too.

Stay safe.
Thanks for the update mate. I figured there would be some problems since the lockdown started here (mostly all over the world). Whatever the circumstances may be on your end, just know you got a lot of support here. Don't feel pressured to rush things and take as much time as you need. We all know this project is your baby, so take all the time you need. Times ain't easy right now in the world so it's understandable that there will be a lot of drawbacks.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Megan feels your pain and hopes you're all staying safe during these strange times.

I thought it was about time for an update and it's fair to say that our pandemic has affected their apocalypse.
Firstly just to clarify that someone else has added the On Hold tag. It's perfectly reasonable and i had a lot of leeway in terms of it should've been applied sooner. So all good, just clarifying it wasn't me.

So, progress...

The short version is that I'm unable, literally unable, to work on the visuals at the moment, and I'll update you when things change.

The longish version: When I first started this, I was in a good place with work and free time. And I did spend a lot of time getting things just right.
Then the company I worked for went bust. And while I was lucky to find work, it meant two zero-hour jobs. One of the jobs was working in a bar, so this meant that free time became a luxury. I lost the non-bar job due to cutbacks and managed to get more bar work in a restaurant.

Having no job should mean I now have some time to work on Redburns. Unfortunately the PC tower I use is boxed at another's house, waiting for me to find my own place (staying with a friend while finances are 'fluid').

But I have my health and no-one I know has yet been affected by this terrible pandemic. Who knows what things will be like after this, but I'll always have my girls. And hopefully one day, you will too.

Stay safe.
You don't need a patreon, but I'd toss in a little if you had a paypal donate button or something. Hell, I'm a writer with a little free time I'd be willing to help out. Sounds like life is dealing a bum hand right now so I'd like to help you back on your feet.

Reactions: inkalicious

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

So, progress...

Stay safe.
This sucks but you gotta take care of you, first and foremost.

Aug 14, 2018
Anyone that have a good recommendation of a game similar to this?
I think, to get an answer to this question you would have to be more precise with what you mean with "similar". Similar style, similar theme, similar genre etc.

But to provide you with a general answer: I would recommend doing the following (which is what I do to find "new" games or games similar to others): Go to "Latest Updates", sort by "weighted rating" (the star on the right hand side) and then add some tags to the filter (again on the right hand side). This will provide you with a list of games that have the chosen tags and are sorted by rating, so from "best" to "worst".

Of course you can exchange the "weighted rating" with some other quantity to sort by.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: LordHornism

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 4] [Inkalicious] (443MB)
213 MB rar unofficial pc compressed (slightlyreduced image/video/audio quality):
- - - -

Performed using:
UnRen v0.8 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

Reactions: biloutte

ManDaHouse

May 19, 2019
hi

Probably a stupid question but I cant seem to find vol 1 chapt 1 and chapt 2 anywhere or is it entwined with chap 3 and 4 (I have ch 3 and ch 4)

camoway

May 15, 2017
After playing hundreds and hundreds of games. Every almost every single one on this website. This is my favorite. Doesn't have the budget to summertime saga the fancy graphics of m*** City or vis. I would have said harem hotel is my number one! So much more time and energy has been put in that game and it's excellent! What makes this number one for me is the dev. It just feels like the most immersive game that I played. The style of literally the entire game has its own feel. It's in a class of its own I would highly recommend this game to everyone. I hope that the dev gets locked in his house and has the time to be inspired and create more content. I can't get enough! We need a game first "can they sleep with it in there mouth?" My wife does lucky me. But I was hoping to see that in a game!

Last edited:

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018

So, progress...

Stay safe.
stay safe hope everything will work out for you

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes