3.50 star(s) 36 Votes

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
I completely agree with you guys. It feels like a bad joke, katie got abandonned for... that.
the only good thing about the new project is we finally have a non-manga asian character. but then again thats it. pretty much everything else is worse.
and lets be honest, judging from the devs records, its only a matter of time till he abandons wifey as well.
Has he ever finished a game? ... what a waste :mad:
The one he barely started about the amnesiac girl with a shady past, Leela's Awakening, was beginning to look pretty sweet too.

Wifey's Dilemma is not even that bad... just weird in the sense that you play a deeply passive MC, mostly watching other people's interactions who tend to ignore the character you're playing like he's invisible.

Reactions: radical686

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Thanks for your support guys, it's much appreciated.
I'm working on a couple of things right now, so as Ignatz says, it's a matter of finding the time.
But I'll post the next part as & when I have something for you:)
I know this is sortof a necro thread but is there any chance you'll ever get back and do another installation on the "Best Served Cold" story? Was just cleaning files on my HD and ran across it again and played through it again. This is exactly how I wanted to see one of these stories play out. I hoped it with Hanna when he was finishing the comic and I hoped it again when he was working on KC. I get so tired of smart characters acting stupid and women seemingly losing IQ points just because they are being abused. Your story provided a nice counter to that narrative (plus it finally had a decent lesbian scene set in one of 3D's games) ;) Someone earlier mentioned Kill Bill as showing that revenge makes a good story and I can only second that thought.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Thick is the best! His work on the Katie-that-should-have-been was superb.

You made us no promises or commitments and you didn't charge a cent. No apologies necessary, my friend, and much thanks for what you did create.

Smartch

Mar 23, 2018
One of the best game! Thank you for it and sorry to hear that it is abandoned.
Best part of it is progressivness of Katie's sluttiness and her body changes.

Reactions: dav121

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Thick is the best! His work on the Katie-that-should-have-been was superb.

You made us no promises or commitments and you didn't charge a cent. No apologies necessary, my friend, and much thanks for what you did create.
@Thickgravy49 , as @Ignatz says your work is superb and while I am disappointed no apologies are necessary at all. You provided so much engaging content without asking for commitments or promising the moon (unlike so many others). You showed that you could take a story that was not progressing well in some respects and could correct it into a much more engaging and interesting story (with the added benefit of taking the story and putting it on a path much more realistic IMHO and more to my tastes). Your story skills and renders were extremely good. While I hope that at some point the RW gives you the time to continue, I am just grateful that I got a chance to see how this story could should have been.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I completely agree with you guys. It feels like a bad joke, katie got abandonned for... that.
the only good thing about the new project is we finally have a non-manga asian character. but then again thats it. pretty much everything else is worse.
and lets be honest, judging from the devs records, its only a matter of time till he abandons wifey as well.
Has he ever finished a game? ... what a waste :mad:
We have way better chance to get good asian character in MSN and Melody.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
... i m still mourning this game... it was the best :cry:
Well, at least the developer is still occasionally working on his new game. Could be worse (TP, that developer went MIA, lots of unhappy campers there).

I've taken Kat(i)e in a different direction in my crossover comic, but it'll be a bit before I get back to her. Focused on Meg and Dee at the moment. Short form, I decided that Kate kicked bossman and the SO to the curb, and embraced her love for her Dad. They moved to a new city, and met some cool gals who had similar situations family-wise... In my mind, Kate embraces her nymphomania tendencies, but doesn't become a mindless fuck slut in the process.

This is somewhat similar to the path I'd liked to have seen pursued more in KC, i.e. Katie pushes back a bit instead of just accepting being fucked by every guy she meets, but can't resist the 'taboo' relationship with her dad, 'cuz it really turns her on, and sex with Brian just won't do it for her anymore...

I'll probably explore this 'alternate backstory' for Kat(i)e a bit more in Part 3 of my crossover comic. After all, there is this teaser fan art piece that I did a while back that sorta kinda inspired the whole crossover comic thing...

The full on corruption fans may not be interested in this alternate storyline, but the incest fans...

I might also slip in this (alternate) scene I suggested as part of her revised backstory... as a pivotal moment where Kat(i)e starts asking herself 'WTF am I doing? I can do better than allowing myself to be fucked by guys like this...'

But enough blah blah. KC was a fun game while it lasted, even if it did get a bit mindless towards the end there.

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
3Diddly's patreon account is currently missing in action. Dont know if he closed it or was banned.

Looks like he is gone. So much for all the support and the numbers of uncompleted games he made.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
3Diddly's patreon account is currently missing in action. Dont know if he closed it or was banned.

Looks like he is gone. So much for all the support and the numbers of uncompleted games he made.
Well, he did drop in here occasionally, so I guess we'll see if he drops in at some point in the future. His development cycle was fairly slow though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear from him for a bit, i.e. until/if he finds himself interested and talkative about his storylines again.

If his revenue stream dried up though, I suppose that he may have lost all incentive to work on his games, but there are other platforms out there if Patreon cut him off. Subscribestar, etc..

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
I don't think that's possible. If your corruption is high enough you lose the option to say no to some things.
This is my number one complaint with this game, the player has almost no choice in making selections for Katie. Katie's current Corruption and (Purity? Faithfulness?) scores make the choices for you half the time. I don't want to pick "Stay true to Brian" or Refuse sex scenes, but all you are given is one "choice" most of the time when you are playing as Katie.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
The game carries the "Abandoned" label as part of the name. Diddly stopped working on this game some time ago and, at least presently, appears to have stopped working on games altogether.

215303j

What I find a pity about this game being abandoned is, that it could not be that difficult to wrap things up in one or two updates and have it "completed" rather than "abandoned".

Most of the storyline is complete anyway...

sirlee

May 5, 2017
Didn't someone say they were going to make their own version of this to continue the story? Whatever happened to that guy?

3.50 star(s) 36 Votes