Aug 5, 2016
Hello Guys!
You can still access the kat.cr website through this link: sitenable.org

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
TIP: Dont download anything dont login dont do anything on that website. If you want to look that's fine but dont perform any actions beyond looking.

Reactions: SCATBORD_VIKING
D

Deleted member 42

TIP: Dont download anything dont login dont do anything on that website. If you want to look that's fine but dont perform any actions beyond looking.
why cuz i did download on dxtorrent and these proxyof.com/kickasstorrents-proxy-unblock/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
simple it looks like kat, but it isn't. You want a incrased risk on malware, keyloggers and virusses. Sure go ahead do it.

Reactions: Nootky and TCMS

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
simple it looks like kat, but it isn't. You want a incrased risk on malware, keyloggers and virusses. Sure go ahead do it.
Exactly this. I bet you right that even without looking at the website that the threads on there are from weeks ago and there isn't any activity on the website since then.

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
I hear rumors that the kat team are working on setting the site up again (not just forums, torrent DLing too), but it'll take some time. Any truth to that?

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I hear rumors that the kat team are working on setting the site up again (not just forums, torrent DLing too), but it'll take some time. Any truth to that?
The best response you'll have from people like Mr.Gooner is "It's a possibility". Obviously they need to be careful with this so... all people can do is wait ;)

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
The best response you'll have from people like Mr.Gooner is "It's a possibility". Obviously they need to be careful with this so... all people can do is wait ;)
Man kat was my go-to place, was just working so damn smooth that everything else feels almost sloppy now. Here's hoping!

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Man kat was my go-to place, was just working so damn smooth that everything else feels almost sloppy now. Here's hoping!
Everyone who has ever been to kat understands that but this is a process that will take time viewed as for example the forums are registered with real names (from the staff) and if they are going to give another attempt at trying to rebuild kat they will need funds, they will need to be careful for themselves, they will need someone to be the owner... they will need a lot and if that process is to be reborn it will take a lot of time to get kat back to what it was.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I'd shy away from there being a single owner in KAT. That single ownership is what brought down the site in the first place. He was targeted because RIAA and MPAA took their tits out and flashed the US government. One target, one objective. Mission accomplished.
If that means it takes longer for KAT to get back, then it's worth it. For the feds to chase multiple ghosts, the RIAA and MPAA are gonna have to suck multiple dicks while being double-penetrated.

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
It's a possibility :p

KAT will never fully disappear as long we have a say in it. Whether or not we return is not if, it's when. Keep your ears to the ground and an eye on the forums for signs of things starting to rumble up.

Do not mistake any of these fake sites as a real KAT site, none of them are official, moderated, or in the least bit safe. At best it's a TPB mirror or old cached version that won't get updated. At worst you'll be cleaning nasties out your system for months.

Our jolly team won't be leaving you hanging.;)

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
It's a possibility :p

KAT will never fully disappear as long we have a say in it. Whether or not we return is not if, it's when. Keep your ears to the ground and an eye on the forums for signs of things starting to rumble up.

Do not mistake any of these fake sites as a real KAT site, none of them are official, moderated, or in the least bit safe. At best it's a TPB mirror or old cached version that won't get updated. At worst you'll be cleaning nasties out your system for months.

Our jolly team won't be leaving you hanging.;)
First of all, thank you for all the work, sweat and tears you guys have put into kat, past and present.

And that brings a smile to this old farts face - it's very appreciate man. :)

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
got a question regarding Kat and torrentz, whats a good alternative to use now for downloading some games, series, movies etc etc. If anyone knows let me know.

owh and a good enough free vpn to use with it ofcourse

Hitman955

Super User
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
got a question regarding Kat and torrentz, whats a good alternative to use now for downloading some games, series, movies etc etc. If anyone knows let me know.

I think this torrent site is good for downloading games, movies etc

Reactions: Tarasia

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016

A replacement for torrents would be:
Torrent websites i'm using:
extratorrent
1337x.to

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
As far as I know the only true thing still running and made recently that has to do with the original KAT are these 2 links,
which is basically trying to get KAT community back togetter and what I also understood from somehwere else is that this new torrent website was made by to compensate for KAT torrent site I think it was made by those who were running kat and took down the other sites when the owner got arrested and then the wwt one was made in its place. it is fairly new so not a ton of torrents but its getting there I guess, it also seems fairly sorted just not a ton of torrents yet since it is very fairly new.

If by chance I got something wrong here or someone knows more about those 2 sites feel free to correct me on them.

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Worldwidetorrents is not affiliated with KAT in anyway. The only resemblance to KAT is some of the people who use it/maintain it. They were caught using some underhanded tactics to try and pull users and mods away from KAT. We generally advise people to stay away from WWT, but I'm not here to tell you what to do.

Torrents on KAT are coming back BTW. The exact date is still up in the air, but they're coming.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Ah fair enough thanks for the detailed explanation, I got from somewhere that WWT had something to do with the old people hence why I said or linked it, no idea if they are even legit or not but it seems to be active and fairly new I have yet to download anything from them as there is nothing of interest on there for me yet.. and if KAT comes back that would be one of the best things ever and hope that they can fix any loopholes or mistakes they made so that it wont ever go down again... other torrent sites are just not the same and too chaotic for my taste.

anyways thanks for the explanation on WWT.