README KAT Community News.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
So found a site that imitates KAT but unsure if it's legit. One feature it has did link me to the legit Piratebay site for alternatives to a torrent I was looking for. the site is Kickass-top.com so unsure if someone else picked up the mantle or if the community got it up and running or if it's a mirror site of what used to be KAT.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
So found a site that imitates KAT but unsure if it's legit. One feature it has did link me to the legit Piratebay site for alternatives to a torrent I was looking for. the site is Kickass-top.com so unsure if someone else picked up the mantle or if the community got it up and running or if it's a mirror site of what used to be KAT.
Fake af. It's trying to load scripts that arent safe and it's filled with ads that if you press on anything will open on a new tab. Just another person trying to get money out of people looking for kickass :pokerFace:

Reactions: Nootky

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Fake af. It's trying to load scripts that arent safe and it's filled with ads that if you press on anything will open on a new tab. Just another person trying to get money out of people looking for kickass :pokerFace:
Dis is correct. There are no official mirrors of KAT. Most of them are either downright malicious, trying to profit from our name, or just TPB clones/indexers with a KAT skin. As time goes on they will disappear and reappear, but none of them are real.

As soon as we go live with torrents, you'll hear about it here the instant it happens. In the mean time, if you have to use a cloned KAT site, please be careful. Never try to login into one and since our team won't be there to watch for malware, be careful what you download. :)

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I never had an account in the first place. I was looking for the DLC for the Sims 3 that I don't have cause Steam is dumb when it comes to how it handles pirated DLC. I own Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on PC and was able to just zip file all the DLC and then upload for my friends to download and then told them how to install it and it worked fine and Steam couldn't tell the difference.

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
We're happy to officially announce that torrents will be coming back extremely soon. While we don't have an official date as of yet, they are coming.

In the mean time

We have a temp system in place for uploaders to post torrents on site, and have expanded the release section for releasers. Hash codes and Direct .Torrent file links are encouraged.

More information -

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
We're happy to officially announce that torrents will be coming back extremely soon. While we don't have an official date as of yet, they are coming.

In the mean time

We have a temp system in place for uploaders to post torrents on site, and have expanded the release section for releasers. Hash codes and Direct .Torrent file links are encouraged.

More information -
You might not be able to respond to this but some questions:
Will it use the same layout as the previous website or is it something new?
Will it have the same capacity as the other website or is it something new?
Will it have the same system for uploading, forums, profiles or is it something new?
Will it have any torrents that were back on kat or is it a fresh start? If it includes the torrents that were back before the website was shutdown are they a lot of torrents or just a small minority?
Most derp questions:
Security wise is it safer (in terms of finding the owner) than kat?
Do you plan on creating a legal torrent website or will it be like kat?

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
They should move server & domain from NameCheap...

22.PNG

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Excuse my curious otter butt but where the heck is the piratebay hosted? Back when they were on trial a few years ago I heard that they moved them to a political party's building or something like this where the authorities cant access it. Just curious >.>

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
Instead of buying their own hardware The Pirate Bay decided to serve its users from several cloud hosting providers scattered around the world also TPB is currently using CloudFlare’s CDN services which means that the hosting location is well hidden.

5491.PNG

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Instead of buying their own hardware The Pirate Bay decided to serve its users from several cloud hosting providers scattered around the world also TPB is currently using CloudFlare’s CDN services which means that the hosting location is well hidden.

View attachment 925
Ooo fancy :D Thanks for the explanation bro :)

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
You might not be able to respond to this but some questions:
Will it use the same layout as the previous website or is it something new?
Will it have the same capacity as the other website or is it something new?
Will it have the same system for uploading, forums, profiles or is it something new?
Will it have any torrents that were back on kat or is it a fresh start? If it includes the torrents that were back before the website was shutdown are they a lot of torrents or just a small minority?
Most derp questions:
Security wise is it safer (in terms of finding the owner) than kat?
Do you plan on creating a legal torrent website or will it be like kat?
1. Most likely yes. Unless something has changed, what I've seen as been more or less the same as the old site.
2. Not sure what you mean by this, but I just woke up so that could just be me being unable to read.
3. Yes. Don't know what's going to be done with the forum tho. Profiles are already sort of there. Mine for example --->
4. To my knowledge it's a fresh slate. We do have the most of, if not all the old torrents stored, but they may not be replaced right away when it goes live. Would be a tremendous amount of work to do so right away when other things require attention first.
5. I cannot answer this.
6. KAT will be brought back the same as it always was. With torrents. I'm not a lawyer so I can't really say the legality of what the torrents may contain. As long has it's not dangerous(Malware, Doxxing, etc), really illegal(CP, Real violence & rape, etc), they can stay up until further notice. As far as DMCA goes, I'm unsure. We have the DMCA contact page open again so I assume that'll be the same.

They should move server & domain from NameCheap...

View attachment 922
You'd have to bring that up with the Admins. I just delete fix bad torrents. :p

Reactions: Twistty

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
2. Not sure what you mean by this, but I just woke up so that could just be me being unable to read.
By responding the other questions you just answered that question. Thanks! Also I agree with f95 on the namecheap thing. :)

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
1 more quick update.

Normal upload status has be reinstated. You can apply for uploader status via your profile if you have one. There is a XXX section for those of you who want another place to promote and/or store your torrent uploads. KAT Super Users and above don't really need to do this.

Don't be uploading malware or you'll have me to deal with. <3 :p

Also the Torrent Widget things are sort of back, so that's neat I guess.

Reactions: F95

A0144

Oct 8, 2016
What if you used to have a really active uploading and seeding account in Kat before it went down?
Are they reinstated as Uploaders or does the rank need to be re-earned?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
What if you used to have a really active uploading and seeding account in Kat before it went down?
As far as know, yes they are re-instated. Read here..

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Like Muttdoggy said, yes regular uploaders can apply again. If you had an account on the old site that was an uploader, it doesn't transfer here. Fresh start and all that. If anyone is a VUL or above, that can probably reinstated.

Having not filled out an uploader request in some time I can't recall what exactly is required, but as long as we don't ping you as a spammer/faker you'll probably be accepted back again without much fuss. :)

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016

In the mean time

More information -

You beautiful person, you. This is an early christmas present! :D

For someone who was more of a downloader than uploader, is there any ETA on when we can enjoy the return of KAT?

Once again thanks, best news in a long while.

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
You beautiful person, you. This is an early christmas present! :D

For someone who was more of a downloader than uploader, is there any ETA on when we can enjoy the return of KAT?

Once again thanks, best news in a long while.
No exact date. We originally had plans for Halloween, but got snagged up. For now all that's really available is the releasers areas. With normal uploaders now being accepted it's not going to be much longer.

HappyNuts

Sep 6, 2016
It is ref. Is there daz3d content as in the old page? In addition, is the registration safe? I'm looking forward to the Kat's return.

Nootky

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
It is ref. Is there daz3d content as in the old page? In addition, is the registration safe? I'm looking forward to the Kat's return.
The Daz3d community was there, but not nearly as active as it was before. Most seem to have moved elsewhere until torrents come back, I've seen no uploaders uploading 3D art stuff in releasers threads either.

Registration is safe should you wish to do so.