Ren'Py Kaedama [v0.0.4] [Kaeru]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
I like the VN mechanics and experience, but so i read that some specific responses unlock more content, then i gotta ask if you will make a guide to help not missing those key words while playing.
There are a few secrets you can unlock, not through specific responses, but through hidden objects in the background that will change brightness when you hover over them.
Easiest advice/tip I can give in terms of what other responses to try out is to remember this is an AVN, so respond like a degenerate would react, be overly flirtatious or be extremely mean.

On the one hand, it looks good and I like the character designs. On the other hand, there seems to be no explanation or background, you are just plopped in the middle of things and that leaves everything afterwards with a huge disconnect. I was just lost the entire time.

And, unfortunately, while the input system you have made is interesting, it just really does not work. Both for the issues of the player not knowing what to type, breaking the flow of the scene, having to actually type and spell check, and the actual responses. Every response a character has to what is typed feels disconnected, it is very distracting.
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.
If you could be so kind, could you tell me what types of responses you tried? The input system is still very much at its infancy, so as updates come out, I'll try to fix and adjust where needed.
I'll definitely rework the entire tutorial in the next update, so there's no more confusion about what responses to give, because you really only have to respond to whatever question is being asked, usually with a yes or no.

PioTinX

Jun 29, 2020
There are a few secrets you can unlock, not through specific responses, but through hidden objects in the background that will change brightness when you hover over them.
Easiest advice/tip I can give in terms of what other responses to try out is to remember this is an AVN, so respond like a degenerate would react, be overly flirtatious or be extremely mean.

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.
If you could be so kind, could you tell me what types of responses you tried? The input system is still very much at its infancy, so as updates come out, I'll try to fix and adjust where needed.
I'll definitely rework the entire tutorial in the next update, so there's no more confusion about what responses to give, because you really only have to respond to whatever question is being asked, usually with a yes or no.
Thanks for the nice answer and tips, they helped me to type various responses, then just saying it would be nice to have a in-game system that could help to get hints on what actions or attitude you take while answering the girls to get all the possible content from them, it could be done based on the feedback or the routes to get the better results with the girl you are tryna go for the most at the time.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KaeruVN

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017
There are no real right responses, but the rule of thumb is to be nice and answer yes to everything. If you're at the first introduction scene, you can say whatever you want to find out some information about the girl you're talking to.
Your game look interesting at first sight, however he isn't non-english players friendly... all i can write is yes/ok or no... so your game mechanic is just wasted in my case, even more if you put some specific words with easter eggs... it's already good i'm able to read & understand the story, but playing this kind of mechanic is beyond my capacity... & if i have to keep the traductor open near the game to translate every sentences i have to write your game will quickly become a burden to play & lost his appeal.

Anyways good luck with your game.

• Red Heart

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Thanks for the nice answer and tips, they helped me to type various responses, then just saying it would be nice to have a in-game system that could help to get hints on what actions or attitude you take while answering the girls to get all the possible content from them, it could be done based on the feedback or the routes to get the better results with the girl you are tryna go for the most at the time.
I'm sadly not planning on adding a real guide or hint mechanic, I mostly want to player to fully immersive themselves and respond as they'd really respond to a question. I try to keep the questions as easy as possible and you mostly just need to look at their expression or general personality to figure out what answer they might like.
You won't really lose out on any content so far with your responses, at most you'll miss 3 or 4 lines of dialogue. And if there are any places you're stuck at, I'm always open for dms.

Your game look interesting at first sight, however he isn't non-english players friendly... all i can write is yes/ok or no... so your game mechanic is just wasted in my case, even more if you put some specific words with easter eggs... it's already good i'm able to read & understand the story, but playing this kind of mechanic is beyond my capacity... & if i have to keep the traductor open near the game to translate every sentences i have to write your game will quickly become a burden to play & lost his appeal.

Anyways good luck with your game.
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. It might not be very non-English player friendly in that regard, the more "easter-egg" type responses might be hidden, but I've designed it with simplicity in my mind, if you understand English at a basic level, you should be able to unlock/advance any route you choose, fancy words won't really give you anything special besides some other dialogue.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for trying it out. :)

Reactions: Silentdeath8

Unpiloted Zeppelin

Nov 4, 2018
Interesting setup! I like the idea of conversation presented as a text blank instead of a menu - tradeoffs there between having ideas and being able to phrase them in a recognized way.

I did notice one thing that surprised me so far -

Last edited:

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Interesting setup! I like the idea of conversation presented as a text blank instead of a menu - tradeoffs there between having ideas and being able to phrase them in a recognized way.

I did notice one thing that surprised me so far -
I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank for you for the feedback. With each update I hope to expand the list of recognized words, but there will always be some things I miss, so by all means, dm me whatever input you tried and didn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unpiloted Zeppelin

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
while the story is interesting, the typing conversion is bit awkward. I rather see my options and hopefully a WT mod.
I'm glad you like the story so far, next few updates I'll let the player talk and become familiar with the rest of the cast.
As for the options, I can definitely understand wanting those, it would of course make it easier, however in Kaedama, there are times where there are 50+ possible answers you can give and around 8-12 normally to allow you to be more yourself.
For a Walkthrough, I am not really planning on releasing on, the way the game works, there are no routes you'll be locked out of for saying the wrong thing once and a lot of questions have multiple different "right" answers. Just respond how you'd respond to a question like that in real life and don't worry about appeasing a certain character, they're very forgiving girls.

Reactions: $@~
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes