Others - Completed - Jester`s Theater Museum [Final] [Towndarktales]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Thronico

Man, I hate to be that guy, but I just don't understand all the 5/5 reviews. This game is a disjointed mess that feels incredibly stiff to play. The dialogue and stories have this over-arching occult theme, but it never really feels like it's going anywhere worthwhile.

The controls? A mess.

The writing? Schizophrenic, but not necessarily in a way that benefits the game.

The h-scenes? Horrible, at least by my personal tastes.
    No climax, no build up, no interaction. It's just a sudden cutscene each time that has the old-school flash game feel to them, which isn't even all that accurate because Dusty's Castle is an OG flash h-game that had much more nuance in its scenes.

I don't know if I'm just missing something here, but I collected most of the scenes, and they are just incredibly subpar when compared to the game's peers.

This game isn't the worst thing ever, not by any means, but it is in no way deserving of a 5/5.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JoeTermin

Really unique and creative game, centered around solving puzzles while exploring a high variety of paranormal mini-worlds. If you fail the puzzle, you get a H-scene, then you move to the next world. The puzzles are quite hard, and will lead to the heroine getting r*ped a lot, but you aren't penalized for failing, which is good game design.

The work on the ambience is phenomenal and by itself deserves 5 stars. The world is very immersive starting even from the menu. Every single mini-story feels intense, and makes you scared for the heroine. The ambience, backgrounds, and way the story is written, make the whole thing feel like watching a good movie, and not just a gallery simulator. Props to the devs for that.

The game does have one huge problem though: the engine. There are many technical issues, some of them immersion-breaking. The quality of the sex animations is uneven, some are very good, some very bad, but almost all of them have poor transitions which reminds you that you're watching a series of GIFs, which is a big shame given all the work on immersion. It feels like several engines were used to program the game and the devs had to give up on fixing certain obvious issues, as I can't believe they haven't seen them. Finally, while the majority of the puzzles are really interesting, there are 1-2 that are trivially easy to solve (like just walking forward and turning on all lamps) and feel like they haven't been playtested at all.

Overall still 5/5. It's a fantastic experience, just a shame because it could have been even better.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ComradeMaethor

Something about the Halloween aesthetic and the idea of the heroine willingly submitting herself to evil spirits really does it for me. Granted, the game is annoying to play because you cannot sprint and there is a less than clear way on how to 100% the game. Despite that, the developer is consistent and this is an ongoing series with a new game already on Steam with a TBA release date.

For specifics, sex scenes are very easy to access (the game is basically a gallery) and are either short videos, clips you can forward by pressing space, or (brand new) interactive scenes with customizations (these are a little buggy). Expect to find a plethora of inhuman sex and themes of rape and submission.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Blackbryre

Walking simulator with basic puzzle elements and easy to get scenes. I'm into all the bizarre monster/occult stuff, so this was great.
    Animations and sound are pretty decent.
    MC seems to enjoy what's happening too. Took about half an hour to beat.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Mister Wake

I am a massive fan of Towndarktales. This game has been something I have been excited for a long time-- and it is really, really good! Every critique of the previous games, especially how slow the character is, has been taken into account by making the game world(s) smaller yet with more content. The animations have improved so much and I am honestly so very happy this game is on this website. Thank you <3